There May Be a Navarre Beach Dog Park Soon

Full story: WEAR TV3 44
The Dawg Days Of Summer may soon get a little cooler for area pooches. Santa Rosa County may create a new dog park on Navarre Beach. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
eva deffenbaugh

Dana Point, CA

#1 Jul 20, 2006
i hope they don't do it. if its just for dogs. i don't own a dog right now but i always have dog dropping. when i had a dog i had less mess than i do now. so i don't want our beaches like that.if they can make it out of the way and where other people don't have to deal with the dogs and the owner cleaned up after the dog. then maybe it would be ok.
Jean Hummel

Pensacola, FL

#2 Oct 6, 2006
i support a dog park whole heartedly! it would be great to have a place to take my dog to run and play. a place near the water would definately be a plus! However, dog owner MUST be responsible! dogs must have appropriate vacinations and be picked up after so all can enjoy the park.
Jodi

Miami Beach, FL

#3 Oct 25, 2006
I agree, I have recently moved to the area, and I am unaware of any dog parks or parks that allow pets on the premises. I think it is a great idea to create a new dog park. If you know of any good places where I can bring my dog to walk and play please let me know.
Jean Hummel wrote:
i support a dog park whole heartedly! it would be great to have a place to take my dog to run and play. a place near the water would definately be a plus! However, dog owner MUST be responsible! dogs must have appropriate vacinations and be picked up after so all can enjoy the park.
Evan Tokintegra Pruitt

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2006
I hope for one, I hoped for one before I found out they were thinking about making one. The only other dog park is all the way in the heart of Pensacola, and I havent heard good things about it. Obviously it would be sectioned off though, and droppings wouldnt be a worry for normal beachgoers. Anyone who would oppose this either doesnt have a dog, or is just ignorant. Obviously the city wouldnt allow ANYTHING that would foul up the beaches for other people.
Buster the Boxer

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2007
There's a dog park in Gulf Breeze Proper right now. You have to register your dog at city hall first I think. Navarre definitely needs something too though. It doesn't even have to be directly on the beach. Something on the Sound in Navarre proper would be great.
Jon

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2007
A dog beach is an excellent idea. The area is currently not "dog friendly." I just moved in from San Diego, where they have several beautiful dog beaches. The dogs love it and the owners are respectful of keeping up after their "best friends." Provide the appropriate receptacals and owners will keep it clean. Love the idea!
Linda

United States

#7 Jun 10, 2007
A dog park in Navarre is a wonderful idea! There are so many great dog owners here in Navarre that would love to have the opportunity to spend time on the beach with their dogs. I hope something happens with this idea. I hope it doesn't fade...it's a great one! I see it's been almost a year since this first came out on July 13, 2006. Has any progress been made?

“The Navarre Bridge”

Since: Sep 07

Navarre, FL

#8 Sep 10, 2007
A dog park would be excellent. It's really ridiculous that I can't take my dog to my own backyard. Those of us who carry litter bags are screvved over by the lazy dog owners who don't.
I'd like some more legitimate information on this subject, if anyone can point me in the right direction? I would like to add it to my Navarre Bridge homepage (check my profile)
Navarre Pups

Pensacola, FL

#9 Jan 16, 2009
I live in Navarre, have two dogs and would love to see a dog park in Navarre. Niceville has a very successful 4 acre dog park that has turned into a great place for dogs - and a fun hang out for the doggie owners. I'm sorry to see how old these posts are and know that no progress has been made. I hope that changes soon!
brigitte

Gulf Shores, AL

#10 Mar 6, 2009
I have a hyper terrior breed and would love a dog park for her, and having the park on the water would be extra great for all dogs, and owners, I sure hope this happens,
BamaBreeze

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#11 Mar 21, 2009
I would love to see a dog park. My dog was use to running a lot and now it's difficult. I am a responsible dog owner and would clean up after her. It would be great to have a place on the sound side or anywhere so they could run and play, while the owner's could also enjoy being outside with their pets.
ProphetsOwner

Waveland, MS

#12 Mar 23, 2009
My family and I would love to have a dog park on Navarre beach...and I would not want it to be in an area that would interfere with other people's activities there. I agree with everyone else (except eva) that has posted...it would be a great idea. But there would have to be some policing and owner's would definitely have to take responsibility for their dogs. Maybe even charge a registration fee and only people who are registered can use the park...works for accountability and the funds can be used for park upkeep.
Beach Gal

Pensacola, FL

#13 Jul 22, 2009
Would really love to have a dog park here in Navarre for my two dogs. With all the people I see out walking their dogs, there's definitely a need for this. Gulf Breeze, Niceville and P'cola all have one. Why not Navarre too?
Navarre dog owner

United States

#14 Oct 10, 2009
I really wish there was a place a person could take their dog and let them have a good run, play in the water, tire themselves out. There really are responsible dog owners in Navarre, like me. We have such a huge expanse of water access to the sound and to the Gulf, why can't some of it be used for the responsible pet owners? I think one of the main drawbacks of Navarre is that it is so UN-dog friendly. The rivers are not safe for our pets, and so I'm stuck in the backyard.
Christina

Montgomery, AL

#15 Dec 22, 2009
There is a very nice dog park in Gulf Breeze. You have to go to the city hall and registar your dog... it is a small fee of I believe $7 per year.
I agree, I have recently moved to the area, and I am unaware of any dog parks or parks that allow pets on the premises. I think it is a great idea to create a new dog park. If you know of any good places where I can bring my dog to walk and play please let me know.
Mel

Navarre, FL

#16 Jan 11, 2010
There is a really nice park in Pensacola on Lloyd St it is on the bayou and the dogs can swim as much as they want. I guess we are getting a dog park in Navarre beginning of this year somewhere near the High School..
www.navarrewagsandwhiskers.com
Bette

Rochester, NY

#17 Jan 29, 2010
I'm moving to Navarre in a couple of months. Dogs aren't allowed on the beach? Is this a law? My pups never do any business, never, except in their yard. Please tell me that dogs are allowed on the beach.
Amanda

Oak Grove, KY

#18 Feb 14, 2010
I feel Bad for not taking my dog for as many walks as i need to but i live near not so great neighborhoods and it would be great to have a park to walk my dog and play with and meet other dogs.
Bette

Brockport, NY

#19 Feb 28, 2010
I'm glad to know there are dog parks, at least, most a long drive from Navarre.
I'm not there yet, in Navarre, but does anyone know what we can do, who can we contact in whatever Navarre government is, and let them know not just that we'd like a local dog park, but one on the beach, or on the sound. It looks like a dog park was approved but there has been no follow-through.
I've contacted what I can find about people in charge at Navarre, with no response.
My pup doesn't even do her business other than in the backyard. Previous with my other pups, yup, cleaned up like everyone else. Isn't a big deal to that.
Trish

Montgomery, AL

#20 Mar 5, 2010
It's such a sad thing to live in such a beautiful area like Navarre, with our georgous beaches and we can't even take our pets for a nice morning walk, or join us for a day on the beach. My dogs are an extension of my family and it saddens me when I have to leave them behind for a day of play at the beach or just a nice evening walk. Something has to change, there are to many of us who live in this community who are pet owners who feel this way, we need to ask the question "what do we need to do about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Navarre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Living In Navarre .....good or bad ? (Jun '08) 12 hr bjz 61
advanced communications breaking laws- no overt... (Mar '12) Oct 18 Snowman 1 19
Texas Country Bar Oct 17 Neon Moon 1
Gulf Coast Youth Services and "other" Fl. DJJ ... (Feb '09) Oct 15 unknown 27
Looking Oct 14 Whitney 1
Hells Angels in Fort Walton (Jan '13) Oct 7 Streetrunner 16
County stays the course on backyard chicken ban Sep 29 Ocean city 9
Navarre Dating
Find my Match

Navarre Jobs

Navarre People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Navarre News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Navarre