Former Employees of the Arc of Walker...

Former Employees of the Arc of Walker County Charged With Consp...

There are 6 comments on the story from Dec 28, 2006, titled Former Employees of the Arc of Walker County Charged With Consp.... In it, reports that:

LISA BOWLIN LIGHT and LISA BREED TAYLOR have been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with the theft of funds from a program receiving federal funds in calendar years 2003, 2004 and 2005.

Join the discussion below, or

Haleyville, AL

#1 Jan 4, 2007
I think it takes a weak person to steal from someone who is in a situation of not being able to help themself. I hope justice gets served!!!!
arc angel

Saint George, UT

#2 Mar 17, 2009
I used to work at the Arc. I think God put people on this earth that have handicapps to make a differance in someone elses life.To take advantage of them and the funds the program recieves is just wrong.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 21, 2009
What ever happened in this case? I never heard about it on the news.
Just Me

Birmingham, AL

#4 Mar 26, 2009
bama_grl wrote:
What ever happened in this case? I never heard about it on the news.
Nothing. There was never a trial. The parties are paying/have paid restitution while claiming that the (then and now) Director is the true culprit behind money missing. The rumor (among Board of ARC also) is that the Director never pushed for them to be arrested or a trial to occur.
Summer Girl

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 7, 2009
I don't understand how there can be a Federal Grand Jury Indictment and then it all just disappears without so much as a write-up in the paper. Okay if there was a plea-deal or whatever then couldn't that have been reported? If nothing else just reporting how the case turned out? Or did it and I just missed it? Doesn't really make sense to me.
New to the board

Fayette, AL

#6 Apr 9, 2009
No you didn't miss it, But you could always ask someone in Walker County DA's office.Two zero five-three eight four-zero four four four. I guess you can make anything go away in Walker and Winston County.Everyone is related to everyone,and don't get me started on the fishing buddies, or hunting buddies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nauvoo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie Lawson (Apr '14) Oct 10 why 9
Looking for local honey Sep '16 Steph 1
Searching for a friend (Jul '15) Sep '16 Monkey 4
Comments on Walker County DHR Family Services/C... (May '11) Aug '16 I lost It 24
gold digger's (Apr '12) Aug '16 Kev from Michigan 6
Man Beating Woman Next Door Aug '16 Man Beating woman 1
News Sheriff: - S - Nothing easy about arresting peo... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Harold 1

Nauvoo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nauvoo Mortgages