Posted in the Nauvoo Forum

concerned

United States

#1 May 24, 2013
How kids are being treated?
eye on you

United States

#2 May 24, 2013
Suppose to be a wilderness program not a boot camp anymore!!
gwen harkness

Lincoln, AL

#3 Apr 21, 2016
I wan to know everything about this camp is it boot or wilderness. Boot camp I failure for some teens. I wan feedback. how many suisides? How many attempts. want counciling, teaching, school, discussions, respect group talks. tell how you feel and what caused the problem in the first place. do degrade these kids, they feel worthless already.My kid does not need to be yelled and screamed at that's what his mom was doing.he a sensitive person. yes he needs his punishment but he needs other things fixed.
Cher

Huntsville, AL

#4 May 21, 2016
gwen harkness wrote:
I wan to know everything about this camp is it boot or wilderness. Boot camp I failure for some teens. I wan feedback. how many suisides? How many attempts. want counciling, teaching, school, discussions, respect group talks. tell how you feel and what caused the problem in the first place. do degrade these kids, they feel worthless already.My kid does not need to be yelled and screamed at that's what his mom was doing.he a sensitive person. yes he needs his punishment but he needs other things fixed.
Two of my kids went. Years back. Whats ok enough for our 18 year old soldiers is ok enough for our 16 yr old brats. School is the funnest part of their day. They had to earn Boy Scout badges. They ate food they swore they hated. Such as beans, mixed vegetables, oatmeal. Which they now like. Barely any sugar at camp. If your kid is overweight they won't be when they get out. They learned to clean military style and learned to play chess., they can write and occasionally call. My kid fell asleep talking to me. In camp he was asleep by 10 pm and up at 4:30. Not home up all night climbing out his bedroom window. Neither was traumatized they knew they deserved it. It was also a welcome mental break for me. Did it help? Haha heck no. Fast forward 10 years and my kids (who had a middle class life) have accomplished nothing. Don't work. Drug users. But boot camp sure didn't hurt them.
Scott

Cullman, AL

#5 Nov 16, 2016
I went there my self years ago. I think it should be mandatory for all boys. They'll come out a man.
Tyler rainwater

Hernando, MS

#6 Feb 21, 2017
It wasent that bad it helped...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nauvoo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speeding in school zone (Sep '14) Sep 11 Speeding 4
Who works at Jasper Aaron"s Sep 9 Tom8778 1
Looking for Loretta Harbin Doss (Mar '08) Sep 5 Jason 3
Scott smith in jail? Sep 1 Blueeyes 1
Dr. Martin Hajjar (Nov '10) Aug '17 Susieq 4
Coal mines in jasper Aug '17 John boy 1
Northwest Alabamian newspaper/Crumpton and Tidw... (May '06) Aug '17 Lorena Mahan 42

Nauvoo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nauvoo Mortgages