Plea in fatal Naugatuck beating over ...

Plea in fatal Naugatuck beating over T-shirt

There are 62 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Plea in fatal Naugatuck beating over T-shirt. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

A 44-year-old Naugatuck man has accepted a plea deal in the beating death of another man who was wearing a T-shirt of a rival motorcycle gang.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

never understand

New Haven, CT

#41 Dec 9, 2008
wow and they say that all the crimes are only in newhaven. were are yous going to run to now.
B Wildered

Milford, CT

#42 Dec 9, 2008
The only thing dumber than a gang is a gang member.
Foamer King

Spotsylvania, VA

#43 Dec 10, 2008
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father is supposed to be everywhere, not you! Must you stick your worthless opinion onto every post?
So, do the nail holes hurt?

Do you really think your mom was still a virgin?
Foamers Blow

United States

#44 Dec 10, 2008
Foamer King wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do the nail holes hurt?
Do you really think your mom was still a virgin?
I know first hand your Mother isn't, I nailed her holes last night! Raised her from the dead....
Foamer King

Spotsylvania, VA

#45 Dec 11, 2008
Foamers Blow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know first hand your Mother isn't, I nailed her holes last night! Raised her from the dead....
I for one am very happy for both you and mom. Does she still call out her brother/fathers name when she gets bothered?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#46 Dec 11, 2008
Wait.....so we can beat someone to death and only get 6 years in jail? Good to know.

“Welcome Spring!”

Waterford, CT

#47 Dec 11, 2008
valkyrie35 wrote:
Wait.....so we can beat someone to death and only get 6 years in jail? Good to know.
Wouldn't have that problem if the state executed killers, as it should.

Location hidden

#48 Dec 11, 2008
Shoreliner wrote:
Wouldn't have that problem if the state executed killers, as it should.
No, we wouldn't have that problem if we lived in an enlightened society where people were wise enough to not murder in the first place.

“Welcome Spring!”

Waterford, CT

#49 Dec 11, 2008
And why do people do it, Valk? Because thug-hugging liberals like you made it possible for them to do it, and get slap on the wrist prison sentences.

I hope you & all the other thug-huggers are happy.

A few parting words.... DEATH TO MURDERERS!!!!

Location hidden

#50 Dec 13, 2008
Shoreliner wrote:
And why do people do it, Valk? Because thug-hugging liberals like you made it possible for them to do it, and get slap on the wrist prison sentences.
Yeah, I'm a thug-hugger because I believe in education and rehabilitation as opposed to building more nuclear weapons in case 20,000 isn't enough and killing everyone who gets arrested.

Your buddies on the right pardon every jackass who steals millions or billions from the public, destroying hundreds, even thousands of lives, but you're okay with that? The blood thirsty right wingers who want to force religion on everyone and kill everyone who doesn't agree with them are the real problem with America. Your goal is to take the word freedom out of everything this country stands for.

Republicans could never live in an enlightened society. They are completely against it. The first thing they would have done if they met the founders of democracy (the ancient Greeks, since you probably didn't know), would be to subjugate them, or kill them if they didn't comply. That isn't enlightened.

“Welcome Spring!”

Waterford, CT

#51 Dec 14, 2008
valkyrie35 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm a thug-hugger because I believe in education and rehabilitation
Hey, at least you finally admit you're a thug-hugger. That's a plus!

I think the only thing murderers should be 'educated' in is what it feels like to have 2,400 volts running through your body.
victim

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#54 May 17, 2010
JrJr wrote:
Neither the murderer, nor the victim were a member of either club. So the fact that this happened at all makes them both morons.
Wannabes are so sad!
You wanna call him a wannabee when you dont even know what your saying! Calling the victim a wannabe is just disrespectful especially since he was my father and wore it cuz it was a gift from a friend. NOT because he was a wannabe. He had 2 daughters when he died and im one of them. he had no reason to want to be part of the gang he just favored them. so get your shit and dont disrespect people when you dont kno shit!
Wannabes daughter

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#55 Jun 17, 2010
JrJr wrote:
Neither the murderer, nor the victim were a member of either club. So the fact that this happened at all makes them both morons.
Wannabes are so sad!
for your info the "victim" had friends in both gangs and he got the t shirt from a friend and the night he died he just happend to be wearing it because he was helping fix one of his friends cars, I no this because im his daughter and i was with him the day he died he had no idea he was wearing the shirt wen he went into the bar
Insider

United States

#56 Mar 6, 2011
None of you are intelligant . Until you know the entire story , you shouldnt be one to judge . Eric was on all kinds of drugs and he came ot the bar completely wasted and high . Michael and his friends told the guy to take off the shirt and the guy was incohearent. He was not the first to hit the guy. He did not kill Eric , he was the last to hit him. Eric fell into the river walking on his way home , and drownd. Just because the media says something doesnt mean it is true. the only reason Michael is serving 6 years is because he was the last one to hit him.
BBB

Ponta Delgada, Portugal

#57 Aug 17, 2011
eric anderson was my uncle. he was a great person and he is missed by his kids and family. he was not part of any motorcycle gang. to like motorcycles and to own them doesnt mean that you have to be afiliated with a motorcycle gang. i know my uncle liked to go to that bar, he lived nearby and that was a familiar place to him. he liked to have his beers. whats wrong with that. point is he was not bothering anyone. everyone should mind their own business and people wear whatever the hell they want. to finish off its more than obvious that the justice system is tottaly f***ed up! 6 years for murder! dnt tell me he drowned in a couplde inches of water1 he wouldnt have left him down there if that monster wasnt sure he was gone! american justice is controlled! these monsters are controling everything and the stupid government keeps looking away! so he will be out in two years and be able to live! and my cousins wont !have their dad to see them grow up! wake up people! take ur head out of the s***hole! ANON56 - WHAT DID U WANT HIM TO DO? FROM WHAT UR SAYING RUN AWAY LIKE A LITTLE P**SY?? MAYBE THATS UR WAY OF HANDLING IT! IN CASE U PEOPLE DONT KNOW THIS MONSTER WAS NOT ALONE! LIKE EVERY PIECE OF S*IT THERE WERE MORE WITH HIM. AND MY UNCLE WAS WITH A FRIEND WHO GOT SEPARATED FROM HIM! JUST FOR U TO KNOW BEFORE U OPEN UR MOUTH!
Insider

United States

#58 Aug 24, 2011
Are you kidding me? If anyone knows the entire story it's me. Like my name says I"m an insider. Your uncle was the farthest thing from innocent. He liked to drink and do drugs. Michael hit your uncle, but he did not "beat" him. Also, he was already on his way home when your uncle FELL in to the river and drown. Do you read police reports, or just the trash you hear on the news? Michael was not a monster. You don't know him, or his life, or what he has gone through. The whole siutaiton was messed up and should have never happened, but there is not one single person to blame for what did happen. You all make it seem like Michael is the bad guy. The only reaosn he is the one in prision is because he was the LAST one to hit the guy. Meaning, there were many more. So instead of yelling at people to know the facts, your ass should know the facts. Or atleast come read a police report. You'll see that your uncle was on drugs, and it said MANSLAUGHTER and not murder. Or, do you not know the difference?
IF U ONLY KNEW

Middletown, CT

#60 Nov 11, 2011
Jerk - he would have taken it off had he been allowed don't comment if you don't know what the heck your talking about. There are other facts about the shirt you know nothing about so bite your tongue
Old car guy wrote:
It doesn't matter if it's a club or a gang, if you're in one they all have their rules, regulations & bylaws that must be followed.
Not condoning what Michael Sjaastad did but if Eric Anderson took the T-shirt off or just left the bar he'd be probably alive today.
IF U ONLY KNEW

Middletown, CT

#61 Nov 11, 2011
obviously you don't know Eric and speek out out butt. Another ignorant idiot
Insider wrote:
Are you kidding me? If anyone knows the entire story it's me. Like my name says I"m an insider. Your uncle was the farthest thing from innocent. He liked to drink and do drugs. Michael hit your uncle, but he did not "beat" him. Also, he was already on his way home when your uncle FELL in to the river and drown. Do you read police reports, or just the trash you hear on the news? Michael was not a monster. You don't know him, or his life, or what he has gone through. The whole siutaiton was messed up and should have never happened, but there is not one single person to blame for what did happen. You all make it seem like Michael is the bad guy. The only reaosn he is the one in prision is because he was the LAST one to hit the guy. Meaning, there were many more. So instead of yelling at people to know the facts, your ass should know the facts. Or atleast come read a police report. You'll see that your uncle was on drugs, and it said MANSLAUGHTER and not murder. Or, do you not know the difference?
Lacy

Mount Ulla, NC

#62 Nov 14, 2011
Bubba is waiting on him and will tear that ass up. Who cares, trash is trash!!!
DanburyMike

United States

#63 Apr 18, 2013
You all should have been there that night! Not knowing the facts none of you know what really happened.the loser was given every opportunity to leave unharmed but was to much of an ass or to drunk .his so called friend hid so as not to be associated with and even went back into the bar to finish his drink before looking for "his friend"then he left.Had eric walked out the driveway when given the chance he might be here today.By the way he died from immersion and alcohol poisoning.Dumb ass that he was.Even the cops said he wasn't a smart man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naugatuck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diners: You know them, they know you (Jan '09) Apr 3 WorkAvoider 17
News Rep. Elizabeth Esty won't seek re-election amid... Apr 2 SirPrize 1
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Mar 27 CD Jessica 92
News Future of Oxford post office unclear (Nov '15) Mar '18 FHAYNES 4
Seymour Police --need to be investigated (Dec '06) Mar '18 Angel Baby 47
What was the the Naugatuck Valley Mall like? (Jun '13) Feb '18 Davidsimon 21
Looking for an old friend (Jun '14) Aug '17 Coconuthead 3

Naugatuck Jobs

Personal Finance

Naugatuck Mortgages