Obama cuts benefits for vets AND acti...

Obama cuts benefits for vets AND active duty military families!

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2manydogs

AOL

#1 Mar 9, 2009
Imho this is the most outrageous policy of Obama's admin so far!

Our service men and women have given SO much to this country, and they deserve so much more than they've been given. And to think while Obama thinks we should double our aid to foriegn countries and extend welfare benefits for crack-heads....he doesn't think we should continue to fund out vets or active duty militaries medical care...unbelievable!!

From Email:
Here is something that all veterans and active duty military should know about. Pass it along to vet friends. Outrageous! It is beginning!
About Obama's Heath Care proposal on Active Duty Military Families and Veterans!

Everyone,
My office just got word today that our new President Obama has proposed a plan to cut military health care benefits! This is great news for the 99.9% Veterans and Active Duty members who are currently using health care benefits. The Congressional Budget Office has made public a proposal stating that Veterans (you know the men and women who have fought in wars and spent 20 plus years in the service) are now going to be paying up to 50% of their medical bill. ThatĘs a big jump from paying nothing for the past 30 some odd years.

The biggest kicker is Active Duty Military (yep, I said Active Duty) will now! be paying 10% of their total bill. They will now be billed for their kids visiting the doctor. Again, a big jump from being free! Another benefit subject to change is VA medical benefits. Everyone who is receiving a benefit from the VA for a service-related injury will have to be re-assessed and the proposal states this will affect 90% of vets receiving VA benefits and will save the government $53 Billion dollars over 10 years. Needless to say, today is the first time I have heard from the few Obama supporters in my office say; if this gets passed they will not continue to be a supporter;. Isn't this the candidate that just a few months ago was preaching to get health care coverage to ALL ? Isn't it ironic, moronic and outrageous to steal $53 Billion from vets and active duty military families so the Crack Head down the street will receive free medical coverage?

If you're as upset as I am then write your elected officials so hopefully some of the dummies running this country see the light and would never even dream of taking away a penny from a military member! Here are some links to article.

http://soldiersmind.com/2009/01/07/proposed-t...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php...

Feel free to Google if you're in dis-belief.
Below is a message from an Army General who also points out some links and ways how to contact your elected representative. Subject: FW: TriCare for Life's Future

To All,
This is for real. The heavy assault has begun on Veterans/Retirees benefits to pay for other programs. The word on the street is that these indeed are a high priority of the Obama administration. The one most of interest to Retired Military is in Article 189. If approved by Congress the first assault wave would hit the beaches in 2011 and would hit hard. It would initiate cost sharing to require retirees to pay the first $525 of medical cost and 50% of the next $4,725 for a first year cost of $2,888 per person. It would be indexed to increase with inflation. A reason given for this action (for PR effect) is overuse by Retirees.

Clyde
CSID

Dupont, LA

#2 Mar 10, 2009
Veterans should be respected. Regardless of the war's context the soldiers who get shipped are just following orders. The America people should demand they be taken care of. It was a shame how Vietnam vets were treated. That neglect has continued through the current conflict. It's a black mark against our country.

You may not agree with most of what I say, but if you got a problem with that perspective, you need help.
StarBreaker

Plainview, TX

#3 Mar 10, 2009
Hope you Obama supporters are enjoying your change.

Since: Mar 08

Abilene, TX

#4 Mar 10, 2009
2manydogs wrote:
Imho this is the most outrageous policy of Obama's admin so far!
Our service men and women have given SO much to this country, and they deserve so much more than they've been given. And to think while Obama thinks we should double our aid to foriegn countries and extend welfare benefits for crack-heads....he doesn't think we should continue to fund out vets or active duty militaries medical care...unbelievable!!
From Email:
Here is something that all veterans and active duty military should know about. Pass it along to vet friends. Outrageous! It is beginning!
About Obama's Heath Care proposal on Active Duty Military Families and Veterans!
Everyone,
My office just got word today that our new President Obama has proposed a plan to cut military health care benefits! This is great news for the 99.9% Veterans and Active Duty members who are currently using health care benefits. The Congressional Budget Office has made public a proposal stating that Veterans (you know the men and women who have fought in wars and spent 20 plus years in the service) are now going to be paying up to 50% of their medical bill. ThatĘs a big jump from paying nothing for the past 30 some odd years.
The biggest kicker is Active Duty Military (yep, I said Active Duty) will now! be paying 10% of their total bill. They will now be billed for their kids visiting the doctor. Again, a big jump from being free! Another benefit subject to change is VA medical benefits. Everyone who is receiving a benefit from the VA for a service-related injury will have to be re-assessed and the proposal states this will affect 90% of vets receiving VA benefits and will save the government $53 Billion dollars over 10 years. Needless to say, today is the first time I have heard from the few Obama supporters in my office say; if this gets passed they will not continue to be a supporter;. Isn't this the candidate that just a few months ago was preaching to get health care coverage to ALL ? Isn't it ironic, moronic and outrageous to steal $53 Billion from vets and active duty military families so the Crack Head down the street will receive free medical coverage?
If you're as upset as I am then write your elected officials so hopefully some of the dummies running this country see the light and would never even dream of taking away a penny from a military member! Here are some links to article.
http://soldiersmind.com/2009/01/07/proposed-t...
http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php...
Feel free to Google if you're in dis-belief.
Below is a message from an Army General who also points out some links and ways how to contact your elected representative. Subject: FW: TriCare for Life's Future
To All,
This is for real. The heavy assault has begun on Veterans/Retirees benefits to pay for other programs. The word on the street is that these indeed are a high priority of the Obama administration. The one most of interest to Retired Military is in Article 189. If approved by Congress the first assault wave would hit the beaches in 2011 and would hit hard. It would initiate cost sharing to require retirees to pay the first $525 of medical cost and 50% of the next $4,725 for a first year cost of $2,888 per person. It would be indexed to increase with inflation. A reason given for this action (for PR effect) is overuse by Retirees.
Clyde
http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfjan09/nf0...

“OCCUPY AMERICA”

Since: Aug 08

Rayville, LA

#5 Mar 10, 2009
I had a feeling this was BS when it said "From Email"
what a crock. do you people believe everything you read? oh yeah, i forgot. Rush Limpd^ck told you all about it so it has come from the Messiah's lips.
I got it in an email from someone I trust LOL
can I get your email address, i have some things I would like to send to you and then you can forward it to your friends and I'll get rich LOL

You should take a class in critical thinking or just THINKING period.
CSID

Dupont, LA

#6 Mar 10, 2009
I didn't mention or read the article, because it looked fabricated. From Email gave it away.

But I still stand by those who chose to serve.
pittsburgh

Shreveport, LA

#7 Mar 10, 2009
CSID wrote:
I didn't mention or read the article, because it looked fabricated. From Email gave it away.
But I still stand by those who chose to serve.
How?
CSID

Dupont, LA

#8 Mar 11, 2009
In many ways. Mind your business when you are clearly ingorant. Everyone of my friends and brothers serving gets a package of appreciation. One friend got shot even. And I visit often.

And I pay taxes. Preteens don't have to worry about the IRS yet, so you can still look forward to that wonderful experience.

“YEAH TOAST! })i({”

Since: Oct 08

Glad to be back in, Louisiana

#9 Mar 11, 2009
Yeah, that is definately a load of crap. What he is doing however, is making sure the military is going to get BETTER healthcare. We will have better dr.s and such.

Also, before another thread starts up about his hatred for military families, we're also getting a raise.
CSID

Dupont, LA

#10 Mar 11, 2009
As mentioned, I didn't read the article. I don't buy into the hype he's weakening our country. Nor do I base opinion on junk email.

I am glad to hear from a military person that they appreciate added healthcare and a raise of the living wage. I know of a veteran who has nothing but good things to say about inreased VA benefits for education so far.

Please more facts, less fallaacy.
ActiveCitizen

United States

#11 Mar 16, 2009
We should be cautious of fabricated emails, but we owe it to the well-being of our country to look into matters that the goverment is imposing on us. If we don't keep track of what the government is doing and make a stand against issues we do not agree with, who are we to complain when their "Changes" screw us over in the end.
Please take a minute out of your day to look into what's going on in our country. Keep our's a great nation.
(from BG Bob Clements, USAF Ret (P38 Bob))
I would ask that you contact your elected officials and register your
strong opposition to the elimination of this program. Just another move
to slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives
to the defense of our country. Thanks for listening.
Heads-up from BG Bob Clements, USAF Ret (P38 Bob)
The following has been added to the Congressional Budget Office Web Site
http://www.cbo.gov/
a. Budget, Options, Volume 1: Health Care
(http://www..cbo.gov/doc.cfm?i ndex=9925
<" target="_blank" http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm... ;;;;
For those who have never opened one of these web sites from OMB :
1. double click on the above URL
> 2. click on PDF
3. click on the binoculars
4. do a search for TFL

Support those willing to DIE for US, it's the very least we can do to say Thank you for their sacrifices.
ActiveCitizen

United States

#12 Mar 16, 2009

Here are some links to articles.

http://soldiersmind.com/2009/01/07/proposed-t...
blems-for-military-families-an d-retirees/

http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php...

Feel free to Google if you're in dis-belief.
Just one Army Guy

Hagerstown, MD

#13 Mar 17, 2009
Check out the Congressional Budget Office's website. cbo.gov .
Do a search for Budget Options, Volume I: Health Care. It is dated December 2008. Anyone who knows anything about our GOV, knows that the CBO doesn't work for the President...rather for Congress. This document proposes "options" for Congress on how to curb spending in healthcare in general. Options 95, 96, 97, and 98 involve the military in some sort or fashion. All of which would involve an out of pocket expense to the servicemember or retiree. Mind you...these are recommendations to Congress and not to the President. These were also proposed under the last administration. As far as I can tell the new boss hasn't recommended any changes to the current state of affairs.

Just one Army Guy
hahaha

United States

#14 May 22, 2009
Why the heck is it that the leader of our armed forces never served his time himself in the armed forces?
hahaha 2

Plainview, TX

#15 Jul 29, 2009
the same reason why you are your mom didn't serve
johnnie

AOL

#16 Jul 29, 2009
well good it's about time they made cuts.
unbelievable

Natchitoches, LA

#17 Jul 29, 2009
Obama is not cutting health benefits for military or veterans. Your post is a lie no matter how many times you idiots repeat it.
hymes

AOL

#18 Jul 29, 2009
unbelievable wrote:
Obama is not cutting health benefits for military or veterans. Your post is a lie no matter how many times you idiots repeat it.
he sure did do you wan't me to whip your ass.
unbelievable

Natchitoches, LA

#19 Jul 29, 2009
hymes wrote:
<quoted text>he sure did do you wan't me to whip your ass.
Bring it on wimp.
charlie vascocu

AOL

#20 Jul 29, 2009
unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring it on wimp.
come on over i.m ready let's go wimp your a chicken shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastor of Greenville Baptist Church 1 hr Jim 22
WOW Trump's accomplishments 1 hr Jim 7
New Meeting Location Sat Jim 4
Dominique Ocon Dime Sat Outsider 2
Katrice Lacour May 18 Little Chung 22
Any females want money May 17 Lovin My Freedom 39
To the Prejudice of Natchitoches (Apr '10) May 17 Not Innocent 108

Natchitoches Jobs

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages