Slammer

United States

#22 Jul 4, 2012
Where do you think the run off those fields go???
jun

United States

#23 Jul 4, 2012
Ok the rigs aint even part of natchitoches whats yall excuse on that. Ride the woods the lil creeks are drie from rigs.
Slammer

United States

#24 Jul 4, 2012
What little creeks feed off the river?
go go

United States

#25 Jul 4, 2012
what rigs
ham

Euless, TX

#26 Jul 5, 2012
What all the dummies please get off this forum lmao.
DooDad

Natchitoches, LA

#27 Jul 5, 2012
Do people realize you can't just pump out of Red River to the Cane? It's not like turning on a water hose and filling up a pool. It's a process because it could effect the marine life and plant life in the Cane.

And people paying for the property on the lake own the property not the lake. The farmers should have the right to pull out of Cane as much as they want. People now and days are so selfish.
change the game

Natchitoches, LA

#28 Jul 5, 2012
drain the big stank bitch dry good work farmers if possible drian their f**cking swimming pools too noboby owns the river so get over it(i forgot i live on the river too)
lady bug

United States

#29 Jul 5, 2012
forwhatitsworth wrote:
Well, considering that supplying water for the farmers was what Cane River's intended use was to begin with, it's not that surprising. What I have a problem with is all the landowners along the river using it to water their lawns. Those yards aren't contributing to the economy of this area like those farmer's fields are. At any rate, this WAS the original intended use for Cane River.
THANK YOU!!!
lloll

Natchitoches, LA

#30 Jul 5, 2012
Like I told you earlier. Red River didn't wind it what through Natchitoches for the sole benefit of the farmers just like the fish aren't there just for the fishermen
Cane River User

Natchitoches, LA

#31 Jul 5, 2012
I keep hearing about Cane River Lake being established so that farmers could use the water. Can anyone really verify those remarks or is just something made up to try to justify the water usage? Also, Cane River property owners pay property taxes based on land values that are high because they have lake property. A one inch pipe needed to irrigate a lawn does not compare to those very large pipes used on fields which seem to run for miles. I'm not against the farmers using the water, but others have a right to it also.
karen

United States

#32 Jul 5, 2012
lloll wrote:
Like I told you earlier. Red River didn't wind it what through Natchitoches for the sole benefit of the farmers just like the fish aren't there just for the fishermen
you really are an idiot & you just keep on proving it post after post.
farmer brown hater

Natchitoches, LA

#33 Jul 5, 2012
Im just gonna start stealing water pumps.....
Slammer

United States

#34 Jul 5, 2012
Cane River User wrote:
I keep hearing about Cane River Lake being established so that farmers could use the water. Can anyone really verify those remarks or is just something made up to try to justify the water usage? Also, Cane River property owners pay property taxes based on land values that are high because they have lake property. A one inch pipe needed to irrigate a lawn does not compare to those very large pipes used on fields which seem to run for miles. I'm not against the farmers using the water, but others have a right to it also.
Yes go to the red river welcome center,watch the videos and read the maps.
And when its said and done Im sure home owners use more on their yards then the fsrmers do.Those ditches you see full as they are pumping all drain back into the river.
Slammer

United States

#35 Jul 5, 2012
lloll wrote:
You seem to be a tad slow?
weird

Shreveport, LA

#36 Jul 5, 2012
I thought that river was here when Jean Baptiste settle Natchitoches. I'm not for either side of this topic but that was my thought.
forwhatitsworth

Natchitoches, LA

#37 Jul 6, 2012
weird wrote:
I thought that river was here when Jean Baptiste settle Natchitoches. I'm not for either side of this topic but that was my thought.
There was a river running through town when LOUIS JUCHEREAU de St. DENIS founded Natchitoches in 1714. It was the Red River. Then the Great Log Jam happened and the river changed course as a result.
duh

Natchitoches, LA

#38 Jul 6, 2012
lloll wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat cotton and I'm not a real big fan of corn....most of it is shipped out of the country anyway.
do you have shirts, pants, sheets, towels, comforters? hmmmmhhh check the tag....made with cotton? probably.....

and do you have any idea what all is made with or out of corn? probably not.
fish

Natchitoches, LA

#39 Jul 6, 2012
DooDad wrote:
Do people realize you can't just pump out of Red River to the Cane? It's not like turning on a water hose and filling up a pool. It's a process because it could effect the marine life and plant life in the Cane.
And people paying for the property on the lake own the property not the lake. The farmers should have the right to pull out of Cane as much as they want. People now and days are so selfish.
not to metion the fact that there are certain fish in the Red River that they do not want in Cane River.
lloll

Natchitoches, LA

#40 Jul 6, 2012
weird wrote:
My guess is the Red River was here hundreds of years before then too...don't let some redneck tell you it's for the farmers, that's a LIE.
lloll

Natchitoches, LA

#41 Jul 6, 2012
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have shirts, pants, sheets, towels, comforters? hmmmmhhh check the tag....made with cotton? probably.....
and do you have any idea what all is made with or out of corn? probably not.
Do YOU eat shirts, pants, sheets, towels or comforter's because I clearly stated I don't eat cotton and it's a well known fact that America produces more food then we consume hence most of the corn being shipped off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You should be embarrassed to be a wh*re 42 min Squirel 13
whor$e 1 hr jake 1
Trolling to victory 2 hr The real Not Land... 6
News Campti man arrested, accused of arson 3 hr Jimmy 27
Monique Burns 20 hr cute 6
john salter can smell my sweaty balls 21 hr Interested 6
Don't fall for Herbalife 22 hr SOUTHERN CLASSIC 33
More from around the web

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE