Randy Stelly tears PAt Todd Jr. a new...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RWL

United States

#41 Jan 17, 2008
I have the latest article by Mr. Stelly. For someone who refers to himself as the "editor", his article could stand some editorial work in the form of correct grammar and punctuation. I will not bother to comment on the content, it speaks for itself.
businessman

AOL

#42 Jan 18, 2008
RWL wrote:
I have the latest article by Mr. Stelly. For someone who refers to himself as the "editor", his article could stand some editorial work in the form of correct grammar and punctuation. I will not bother to comment on the content, it speaks for itself.
I read this editorial and picked up all of the papers Stelly left in my business and trashed them! Stelly has started back on NSU again and his vendetta against Pat Todd is evident. He clearly said he had enough ink to last for Pat Todd and Gerald Long to last 4 years. I think he should be sued by Mike Smith, Gerald Long and Pat Todd for accusing them of helping Pat do business with NSU. I asked and found out that the business Pat Todd got at NSU was gotten from a request for proposal and the company he works for was the only qualified bidder, one other failed to attend mandatory pre bid conference and could not bid. I have known Pat for a long time and I don't think he is dishonest. His was taught by his father whom I had the utmost respect for and he has never been known to be dishonest that I know of. Shame on you Randy Stelly!
rosannadanna

Shreveport, LA

#43 Jan 18, 2008
What a complete dumbass Randy Stelley is. The guy has no "tact" whatsoever. Why attack the people of this forum as a whole when he has problems with only a few? Does that mean I can make a blanket statement like this "Randy Stelley is a retard, so all black people must be". No matter how close to the truth that statement is or how close certain people think it is, it is entirely inappropriate and wrong. He also calls the users of this forum "bigots". Mr. Stelley, maybe you need to look up these words before you put them in your editorial and accuse other folks of being one. The definition of bigot is- "a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, and opinion" or "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ". Wow, that definition basically summed up Mr. Stelley and his attacks on Pat Todd Jr. and the rest of the forum users. Also, I think we should be getting a better idea of what type of man Mr. Stelley is and his character as well with these attacks on a private citizen. I've never been a newspaper editor before, but I do believe there are many other stories that would be much more benficial to the readers of your publication than repeated attacks on Pat Todd Jr.
My goodness Mr. Stelley, do you have any idea how petty you are making yourself out to be? Also, do you know how stupid it sounds when you say "we would have sued Pat Todd Jr. if we could have shown a loss of revenue or harm to The Real Views". Do you have any idea how frivolous that sounds? Do you really think you would help the community with another frivolous lawsuit. Do you or anybody with half a brain really think that you could prove that Pat Todd Jr. hurt your publication. It's not like there is a paid subscription(good thing, or you'd be in real trouble), and with all the negative press you've put out there, no judge or jury would ever rule in your favor. It's just another attempt to make yourself and your shitty paper look better.

“Common Sense Applied”

Since: Dec 07

Natchitoches

#44 Jan 23, 2008
unsure01 wrote:
Squid, that makes two of us. The Real Skewed Views will no longer be allowed in my business either. I just wonder if Stelly knows how many business people he offends with his self serving, idiotic editorials. He categorizes us all as faceless cowards, little does he know, his rag needs us faceless cowards to continue to exist. I for one, as a faceless coward will cowardly dispose of every stack of rags he brings in. Advertisers beware.
Do you not find it rather silly to help keep circulation numbers up by accepting copies of The Real Views and then turn around and throw them away? Not to mention the waste, nad all in the age of being more "green." Your a very comical person! If you really want to make a point, tell Mr. Stelly that you will not carry his paper in your business any longer and ask him not to leave any with you. Wouldn't that make more sense?

By the way, I hope you are not one of the businesses where I shop, for I do look to see if they have varying viewpoints available for there customers simply because most business owners know that there customers are smart enough to read and think for themselves. Then there are those OTHER business owners that would rather their customers NOT think, it makes their business so much easier.

“Common Sense Applied”

Since: Dec 07

Natchitoches

#45 Jan 23, 2008
rosannadanna wrote:
What a complete dumbass Randy Stelley is. The guy has no "tact" whatsoever...It's just another attempt to make yourself and your shitty paper look better.
Sweetheart - You being an arbiter of tact - WHHAAAHAHAHAHA.
city slicker

Marthaville, LA

#46 Jan 24, 2008
scott_lumry wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not find it rather silly to help keep circulation numbers up by accepting copies of The Real Views and then turn around and throw them away? Not to mention the waste, nad all in the age of being more "green." Your a very comical person! If you really want to make a point, tell Mr. Stelly that you will not carry his paper in your business any longer and ask him not to leave any with you. Wouldn't that make more sense?
By the way, I hope you are not one of the businesses where I shop, for I do look to see if they have varying viewpoints available for there customers simply because most business owners know that there customers are smart enough to read and think for themselves. Then there are those OTHER business owners that would rather their customers NOT think, it makes their business so much easier.
Sweetheart, I mean Scott, You are showing you left wing liberal colors as usual. Give us a break. This isn't about throwing away paper, it is much more important. It is about a so called yellow jounalist who is no good for Natchitoches and uses race and other tactics to create controversy to try to sell his papers. Just my opinion dude, but everyone knows you are a flaming liberal, so far to the left that no one can find you!
Concerned

United States

#47 Jan 24, 2008
city slicker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart, I mean Scott, You are showing you left wing liberal colors as usual. Give us a break. This isn't about throwing away paper, it is much more important. It is about a so called yellow jounalist who is no good for Natchitoches and uses race and other tactics to create controversy to try to sell his papers. Just my opinion dude, but everyone knows you are a flaming liberal, so far to the left that no one can find you!
Although your comments about "yellow journalism" are correct, think about what Scott has written. It is very seldom I agree with Scott or he agrees with me, but this time I agree with him, but we now have civil discussions.

Think about it. What action will have more impact on the paper, simply throwing the papers away after being delivered or refusing to accept the papers from the person delivering them. If I was the editor and businesses started refusing to accept the papers, I may consider that something is wrong. But with Randy I don't believe that is possible....and the beat goes on.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#48 Jan 24, 2008
Hmmmmm wrote:
AJC, you need to go back to school and learn grammer and how to spell.
Um, er, OK...

Did you mean "grammar"?
unsure01

Clovis, NM

#49 Jan 24, 2008
scott_lumry wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Lumry, Let me start by saying I don't give a rip about the Real Skewed Views circulation numbers, it doesn't concern me at all. In fact how do you gauge a free rags circulation numbers anyway? I'm sure his circulation numbers are what he prints whether they go straight in the garbage or not. I'm also not Al Gore green, but I do agree that Stelly is wasting many trees to print his garbage. So we do agree on the waste issue.
I'm glad you find me comical, I'm sure you need a little comic relief in your woeful left wing existence. I would think that Mr. Stelly would adhere to a "NO SOLICITING" sign on any business before he leaves his rag. No soliciting includes written solicitation as well. We also agree on another issue, I too hope I'm not one of the businesses in which you shop. I still question why you are such a staunch supporter and defender of Mr. Stelly when he won't even defend himself. Very valiant of you to try to protect your "friend".

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#50 Jan 24, 2008
"One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ".

By printing and publishing a paper aimed at improving the "Black" community, doesn't this definition perfectly describe Mr. Stelly himself?
skeeter

Abilene, TX

#51 Jan 28, 2008
sdds
Eyes on N atchitoches

Saint Rose, LA

#52 Jan 28, 2008
When it comes to this free newspaper, this town has real trouble with the concept of free speech.

Mr. Stelly can print what he wants and as much as he wants. If his comments cross over the line of libel and slander, the courts will take care of that. If his comments are offensive to the majority, advertisers and readers will respond.

But it looks like a lot of people are upset teach Mr. Stelly has a voice that is being heard.

And before you suggest it, I am not Stelly or his lapdog. I do not read his publication, but would like to have one of those half price milk shake coupons.
barb

Clovis, NM

#53 Jan 28, 2008
Eyes on N atchitoches wrote:
When it comes to this free newspaper, this town has real trouble with the concept of free speech.
Mr. Stelly can print what he wants and as much as he wants. If his comments cross over the line of libel and slander, the courts will take care of that. If his comments are offensive to the majority, advertisers and readers will respond.
But it looks like a lot of people are upset teach Mr. Stelly has a voice that is being heard.
And before you suggest it, I am not Stelly or his lapdog. I do not read his publication, but would like to have one of those half price milk shake coupons.
How many coupons do you want? I've got a huge stack that a business owner threw out as soon as Stelly put them out. I believe in free speech, I also believe in the freedom to toss that rag out, especially if a business has a no soliciting sign posted.
Eyes on N atchitoches

Saint Rose, LA

#54 Jan 28, 2008
barb wrote:
<quoted text>
How many coupons do you want? I've got a huge stack that a business owner threw out as soon as Stelly put them out. I believe in free speech, I also believe in the freedom to toss that rag out, especially if a business has a no soliciting sign posted.
Tossing the papers....that is exercising your freedom of association...
The Real Pittsburgh

Atlanta, GA

#56 Apr 4, 2009
JoJo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.therealviews.com/Editorials.html
Randy is no better, could be considered worse than PT. In his "editorial" there is alot of hate, lots of unfounded accusations of Gerald Long, and I'm a Townsend supporter and can see that, couple of comments that should have had some documentation to prove, some hate on topix posters, and additional comments that will further hurt his credibility as a "journalist".
How's this paragraph as a example of hatred and not turning the the other cheek!
From the end of the on-line editorial:
Pat Todd, Jr., this fight will not be over until we say it is over. Just for the record, when Rev. Gerald Long, those endorsing preachers, and you tried to humiliate me at the events center the
night of the election, I left there with one mission and that was to go and buy four years of ink to deal with you, Rev. Long, and other
political preachers who run for office. When you got on the Internet maybe you thought you could flash us like some pervert and disappear like nothing happened! Wrong!
Randy got beyond personal with Long in the election. OK for a citizen, unprofessional to say the least for a so called businesman/journalist. When Randy goes to Gerald's election night party and wants to make nice, I couldn't blame Long for not turning the other cheek. Randy wants it both ways. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. Again, this coming from someone that didn't support Long.
Did Todd get nasty on Topix? Oh yeah he certainly did, but evidently Randy has done a great job of being nasty himself.
Finally, it was easy to tie Todd to Mike Smith, but Randy assumes that Long brought in Todd. I'm sure Long knew enough about Todd to hope he just didn't do to many stupid things to hurt him. As for the preachers that supported Long, did Randy think it was bad that the overwhelming amount of preachers in the Parish were for his and my man Townsend? Again Randy, you can't have it both ways.
He want's it 3 way's
hahaha

United States

#57 May 22, 2009
Both of em are idoits.
LMAO

Atlanta, GA

#58 Jan 9, 2010
Response is Pat Todd Jr.
Response

Phoenix, AZ

#59 Jan 9, 2010
LMAO wrote:
Response is Pat Todd Jr.
I am overwhelmed by your logic. HAHAHAHAHAHA. You ain't even close. Guess again. I am in Arizona, dumbo.
LMAO

Atlanta, GA

#60 Jan 9, 2010
Response wrote:
<quoted text>I am overwhelmed by your logic. HAHAHAHAHAHA. You ain't even close. Guess again. I am in Arizona, dumbo.
Yeah, right. And I'm in Baltimore, nimrod.
Poe

Spring, TX

#61 Jan 11, 2010
Quoth the raven, nevermore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Honors Memorial Day 17 hr Jim 10
name stealing punks 17 hr Jim 23
Memorial Day at the Clubhouse 17 hr Jim 6
New Meeting Location Thu Uncle Tom 5
Looking for a companionship Thu Uncle Tom 4
Liquor Thu Uncle Tom 19
Sorry Jim Thu Uncle Tom 7

Natchitoches Jobs

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages