fatal accident involving 2 semi's las...

fatal accident involving 2 semi's last night on bypass, anyone have info?

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

Since: Jan 08

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2010
I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH A WITNESS TO A HORRIFIC ACCIDENT LAST NIGHT INVOLVING TWO BIG TRUCKS. IT IS SAID THAT THERE WAS ONE FATALITY. DOES ANYONE HAVE ADDITIONAL INFO ON THIS?
Highlighter

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2010
We heard that Robert Ferguson, Pilgrim Pride's
driver, was killed in an accident on the bypass last night. There was an auto transport vehicle involved. Office will not give out any info, except that there was a "serious" accident. Tried calling several employees/friends and can't get anyone. Robert had driven for ConAgra/Pilgrim Pride for a long time. He was a good driver and a great guy. If this is so, we pray for his family. He was very close with family. We are so very sorry for their loss.
Highlighter

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2010
Robert was from Robeline.

“I'm here”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 4, 2010
Haven't heard anything as of yet
concerned

Natchitoches, LA

#5 Feb 4, 2010
Highlighter wrote:
Robert was from Robeline.
WHat was the last name and how old was he? How did the accident happen?
Highlighter

United States

#6 Feb 4, 2010
Was told that apparently an autotransport truck
pulled out of the Ford place in Robert's path and he slammed into it. His son was in a truck behind
his Dad. About 10:30 P.M. last night. Just a horrible thing to happen to such a good man
who had a family that he loved and who loved him.
Please pray for Diane and family.
Highlighter

United States

#7 Feb 4, 2010
Shreveport Times

Robeline man is killed in Natchitoches crash
By Vickie Welborn • [email protected] • February 4, 2010

NATCHITOCHES – Natchitoches police officers are investigating a fatal crash involving two 18-wheelers that occurred Wednesday night on the state Highway 1 by-pass near the Natchitoches Ford Motor Company, according to a news release today.

Robert Ferguson, 52, of Robeline, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Natchitoches Parish coroner. Ferguson was the driver of a Pilgrim’s Pride tractor-trailer that crashed with another tractor-trailer loaded with automobiles.

The second driver, Lawrence Mills, whose address was given as Texas, was not injured, Capt. Brad Walker said in the release.

Alcohol is not considered to be a factor in the crash.
just me

Alexandria, LA

#8 Feb 4, 2010
I have known Robert for many years and my prayers go out to his family and friends. He was a wonderful man and will be missed.
Renee

United States

#10 Feb 5, 2010
Yes this is very sad. Robert was a very good man and would anything for you if you needed him. I just got the arrangements for his wake ad funeral.
Blanchard St. Denis from 4:00 - 9:00 Saturday
Funeral 2:00 Sunday
Larry

United States

#11 Feb 5, 2010
Renee wrote:
Yes this is very sad. Robert was a very good man and would anything for you if you needed him. I just got the arrangements for his wake ad funeral.
Blanchard St. Denis from 4:00 - 9:00 Saturday
Funeral 2:00 Sunday
5 - 9 for public viewing..4-5 for family members....

Since: Aug 09

AOL

#12 Feb 5, 2010
I just heard about this, and can't believeit. My prayers go out to Diane, CHristopher and the entire family. Mr. Robert was a really great man!!! Couldn't ask for a better neighbor in the community.
jan

Natchitoches, LA

#13 Feb 5, 2010

i knew robert and diane they great people went to school with diane and play sofeball with all of the freugans family my prayers are with all of you
CHOC O LOT

United States

#14 Feb 5, 2010
Robert was a good guy. So very sorry for his loss.
friend

Natchitoches, LA

#15 Feb 5, 2010
Robert was truely an awesome guy. Friend and co-worker of my dad for many years.

Hate to hear this news. It saddens my heart
klv

United States

#16 Feb 6, 2010
Robert will be missed. He was a good man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black people stink like monkeys 16 min Spanish uno 54
Jail Bonds 28 min Proof 9
Why do blacks eat their dead families like cann... 3 hr Shawn wilkerson 1
What's New 5 hr Tigerman325 15
hispanics are better than blacks (Mar '12) 5 hr The Truth 101
Axsom family begging 7 hr Jay220 42
Is Jenay Johnson still tricking?... Fri Candygurl 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages