west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

What is the deal on State inspections stickers for automobiles, does everyone have to have them and where are they done, how much do they cost etc., any info would be helpful
LOUISIANA RESIDENT

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

HAS TO BE DONE EVERY YEAR TO THE VECHILE THEY ARE $10.00 MOST OIL CHANGE PLACES DO THEM.
someone

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Everyone in louisiana has to have them. They cost about $10. U can get them at any oil or tire change place. Even at the gas station next to wal mart.
taxed out

Webster, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

its a 10 dollar road use tax by the state.
west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Ok, i had checked online and read somewhere that I would get something in the mail, I just transferred a couple of vehicles over from Mi. to La., that was a costly move with this 9% sales tax.. Sucks...
west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Do they actually do an inspection, or is it just a formality??
Kimberly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

They inspect the vehicle. Window tint, horn, wipers, lights, etc. It's a pain, but must be done.
west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

what if u are stopped by police, what does ticket cost., cause i haven't had time to do it yet., or if u get a ticket, will they dismiss if u go and get it done before court date?
it costs

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

west bloomfield wrote:
what if u are stopped by police, what does ticket cost., cause i haven't had time to do it yet., or if u get a ticket, will they dismiss if u go and get it done before court date?
For Inspection sticker can run you about 200 bucks, if you don't have on there is a different fee if its expired and then it's by how long expired it is. Its much cheaper to get an inspection sticker
it costs

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Sorry the above post was meant to say the ticket will cost you about 200 bucks, whereas an inspection sticker is 10 bucks.
west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

I called the station next to Walmart, and it's like hit and miss, he might be here at 1:00, you can try him at such and such a time., seems like if u have to have them there should be an easier way to get them.
MoFees

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

For the most part the inspection process in Louisiana is a joke. The best example is the old couple that ran an inspection service on Texas street. The only thing they were interested in was the $10 and the glass tint.

Arkansas does not require an inspection sticker.

Some stated go much more in depth to include an emissions test. This can get to be ugly. I think they now do it for cars in Baton Rouge so it will not be long before our law makers discover that it will be another revenue source if they extend this to the entire state. They just never quit digging. Rest assured, however, this will not be another TAX just another FEE. So we can pay for it out of out FEE account account and not our TAX account. I assume that every one has separate TAX and FEE accounts???????
justhelpingout

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

I found the battery warehouse to be the most convenient place for me (grand ecore road). I didn't have to wait on any oil changes or anyone to come in. I was waited on promptly and was satisfied with the customer service!$10.00, registration, drivers license and proof of insurance!
west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Thanks, I am new to the area, is that out highway 6 anywhere near a-1 mobile homes??? or if that is actual name i can look it up. went by the exxon by walmart today, guy was not there, it is a joke,
justhelpingout

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

west bloomfield wrote:
Thanks, I am new to the area, is that out highway 6 anywhere near a-1 mobile homes??? or if that is actual name i can look it up. went by the exxon by walmart today, guy was not there, it is a joke,
I hope you find it and it is on Hwy 6. I was very glad I chose to stop there and no wait at all! They have been there for years!
west bloomfield

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Found it just fine, in and out in less than 10 minutes, thanks for the help.
someone

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

thank u for needing to know about inspection stickers. When u posted it the oyher day, I got in my truck to go to work and realized that mine was expired in10/2009!! U helped me save another $60 or $75.
auto

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

west bloomfield wrote:
What is the deal on State inspections stickers for automobiles, does everyone have to have them and where are they done, how much do they cost etc., any info would be helpful
every year 10.00 at most local stations
Starbreaker

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

west bloomfield wrote:
I called the station next to Walmart, and it's like hit and miss, he might be here at 1:00, you can try him at such and such a time., seems like if u have to have them there should be an easier way to get them.
That's not a gas station per say, it's a convenience store with a morning pump attendant. Without going into a lot of detail, let's just say the guy is retired but didn't like the idea of sitting on his butt all day doing nothing. I think he might still drive a school bus too, which is why he's generally gone in the afternoon.

I've gone right down the road to jiffylube for inspections and oil changes for several years now.
xterra

Gonzales, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

I just bought a 2nd hand suv and it doesn't have a inspection sticker,can i still
use the suv without getting pulled over?i don't have the registration yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who gives da best head n nat town? 37 min ratchet 45
Lashatte Allan Blake and Husband Tiger 40 min bianca queen b smith 2
petula lacour (Jun '11) 51 min queen b smith 15
Who got the biggest tool in Natchitiches and kn... 53 min priorities 2
Patrick Shelvin 57 min red 7
Marcus Slaughter BKA Tank 1 hr Bianca queen b Smith 2
hookers 1 hr MookieMoo 5
NCHS Does anyone know what happened today? 2 hr This school is te... 98
Does anybody no gmoney at natchitoches central ? Tue Mr_Skinner 9
•••