NSU tobacco free effective Friday

NSU tobacco free effective Friday

There are 175 comments on the The Times story from Jul 28, 2014, titled NSU tobacco free effective Friday. In it, The Times reports that:

Northwestern State University will become a tobacco free campus effective Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
libertarian

Natchitoches, LA

#1 Jul 29, 2014
Some of this seems unconstitutional. Especially the banning of e-cigs and/or in your car. Nanny state at it again.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#2 Jul 30, 2014
libertarian wrote:
Some of this seems unconstitutional. Especially the banning of e-cigs and/or in your car. Nanny state at it again.
Cry me a river.
Yep

Natchitoches, LA

#3 Jul 30, 2014
Yep, more government control, by way of the education system. Before long, it will be illegal to smoke on your own property. They want the tax revenue from the activity, then limit the activity. Next step: Increased taxes on cigarettes, because "tax revenues are down".

But legalizing marijuana is ok! Unbelievable!

Location hidden

#4 Jul 30, 2014
Yep wrote:
Yep, more government control, by way of the education system. Before long, it will be illegal to smoke on your own property. They want the tax revenue from the activity, then limit the activity. Next step: Increased taxes on cigarettes, because "tax revenues are down".
Your problem with the government is that the government is responsible to the people. The people want smoking bans and the people want weed legalized.

Oh the horror! Government doing what people want!
Comprehension ZERO

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Jul 30, 2014
libertarian wrote:
Die of cancer....problem solved
Comprehension ZERO

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Jul 30, 2014
Yep wrote:
You already can't smoke in your car and gassing your children heir docktor

Location hidden

#7 Jul 30, 2014
Comprehension ZERO wrote:
<quoted text> You already can't smoke in your car and gassing your children heir docktor
You probably don't know this, but there are some areas in Louisiana where smokers go to family reunions to find a date.
Buh Wah Ha Ha

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Jul 30, 2014
Schmones wrote:
<quoted text>You probably don't know this, but there are some areas in Louisiana where smokers go to family reunions to find a date.
Its the same all over. I've got some baboons living next door. real punks. I challenged him to fight. Coward won't. I'm hoping to bait him into getting angry and then I'll trash him.
Yep

Natchitoches, LA

#9 Jul 30, 2014
Buh Wah Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text> Its the same all over. I've got some baboons living next door. real punks. I challenged him to fight. Coward won't. I'm hoping to bait him into getting angry and then I'll trash him.
So the "coward" next door is a "baboon" because he won't accept your challenge to fight? What a MAN you are! Then, you want to bait him into a fight? Who's the "baboon"?

Just another attempt by a lunatic to control other people.
libertarian

Natchitoches, LA

#10 Jul 30, 2014
Schmones wrote:
<quoted text>Cry me a river.
I don't smoke or use tobacco. Actually I can't stand it, but I don't see how anyone choosing it should be punished. Especially e-cigs. There's no smoke.
libertarian

Natchitoches, LA

#11 Jul 30, 2014
<quoted text>You already can't smoke in your car and gassing your children heir docktor
Yes you can
Yep

Natchitoches, LA

#12 Jul 30, 2014
<quoted text> You already can't smoke in your car and gassing your children heir docktor
Man, you've got a spot-on name!

Location hidden

#13 Jul 31, 2014
libertarian wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't smoke or use tobacco. Actually I can't stand it, but I don't see how anyone choosing it should be punished. Especially e-cigs. There's no smoke.
It does not matter whether you are a smoker or not. Enough people, both smokers and non smokers have decided that smoking and vaping is bad for you and have demanded that their government do something. That is how government works, You should take civics.
Joby

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2014
Same same government that's forcing you to pay for something that you do not want Obamacare

Location hidden

#15 Jul 31, 2014
Joby wrote:
Same same government that's forcing you to pay for something that you do not want Obamacare
Let's see. This is a conservative Republican government in Louisiana saying "No smoking", The Affordable Care Act was brought to us by liberal Democrats in Washington. So which do you hate- the liberals or conservatives?
DUH IM Yep

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Jul 31, 2014
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "coward" next door is a "baboon" because he won't accept your challenge to fight? What a MAN you are! Then, you want to bait him into a fight? Who's the "baboon"?
Just another attempt by a lunatic to control other people.
yep
Comprehension Zero

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Jul 31, 2014
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you've got a spot-on name!
And of course you don't understand its directed at you.
Comprehension Zero

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 Jul 31, 2014
Schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter whether you are a smoker or not. Enough people, both smokers and non smokers have decided that smoking and vaping is bad for you and have demanded that their government do something. That is how government works, You should take civics.
He should take showers
Joby

United States

#19 Jul 31, 2014
Schmones wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see. This is a conservative Republican government in Louisiana saying "No smoking", The Affordable Care Act was brought to us by liberal Democrats in Washington. So which do you hate- the liberals or conservatives?
I hate the government tells what I can do and can't do. I hate a government that tells me I have to pay for something I don't want or be fined.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 31, 2014
Joby wrote:
<quoted text> I hate the government tells what I can do and can't do. I hate a government that tells me I have to pay for something I don't want or be fined.
Then you should move to a place where there is no government telling you what to do.

That would be.........

NOWHERE. Skippy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who all got arrested in robeline area in the bu... 53 min Too many waterheads 44
Ugly Boy 1 hr BhaddChixk 3
Mon sykes 2 hr Nothing 1
MLB a joke 2 hr Dummy 12
destine hutson 3 hr John 20
john i slap you so silly boy 3 hr dan reeves 3
Poll Are mexicans smarter than blacks? (Aug '09) 4 hr For sure 37
More from around the web

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages