First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Get the facts straight

Haughton, LA

#1 May 29, 2009
What does everyone think?? Will he live up to the hype or will it be a bust?
WHAT-get real

Washington, NC

#2 May 29, 2009
I think he is the man for the job. It is time we had "back bone" in that position.
Catfish

Plainview, TX

#4 May 29, 2009
Get the facts straight wrote:
What does everyone think?? Will he live up to the hype or will it be a bust?
I have worked with Dr. Duke before, as I was a teacher at NC when he opened up the new campus. He has proven himself in many capacities and has overcome many obstacles. I am sure he will tackle the problems of Natchitoches Parish with the same tenacity as he has always shown.
His record and many areas of expertise will prove to be an asset.
I wish him well with the board he finds himself working with.
White Mystery

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 29, 2009
What is he up to now? He was a principal at Central when I was in high school.
White Mystery

Atlanta, GA

#6 May 29, 2009
Or maybe he was just a teacher...I can't remember. I didn't go to Central.
WHAT-get real

Washington, NC

#7 May 29, 2009
Catfish wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked with Dr. Duke before, as I was a teacher at NC when he opened up the new campus. He has proven himself in many capacities and has overcome many obstacles. I am sure he will tackle the problems of Natchitoches Parish with the same tenacity as he has always shown.
The board is our next obstacle. We need to weed out the ignorance that plagues the board. I understand having board members who may not have college degrees, but we sure do need to get rid of the ones who do not have high school diplomas.
White Mystery

Atlanta, GA

#9 May 29, 2009
Catfish wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was the teacher over there that was a big Elvis fan? Chris Buzzbee used to lock him in the closet. Was it H. Arthur Dew?
Last Place

United States

#10 May 29, 2009
What a joke. All of the finalists were jokes. No wonder Natchitoches can not attract anything but a processing plant to employ chicken pluckers. Louisiana will never be a first rate state until the good ol' boy attitude ends. At one time Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas gave Louisiana some competition for being in last place. Now, we are eating their dust and sitting in last place.
Vic

United States

#11 May 29, 2009
How do we know Duke is the new supt. Any released statement?
Parent

Haughton, LA

#12 May 29, 2009
I see Brossette is still posting here. He is a bitter bitter man. He should be thankful he has a job.
Mellow Fellow

Plainview, TX

#13 May 29, 2009
Vic wrote:
Read my new thread. I was there.
Old Dude

United States

#14 May 29, 2009
Catfish wrote:
<quoted text>
That was 40 years ago, Dude. What is his record? Criminal (?) God knows for sure!
Vic the Demon

United States

#15 May 30, 2009
Vic wrote:
Duke chosen as new School Superintendent
A large crowd attended the forum.
Published: Saturday, May 30, 2009 12:39 AM CDT
Editor's note: On Friday afternoon the Natchitoches Parish School Board appointed Derwood Duke to replace Dr. Elwanda Murphy as the School Superintendent for Natchitoches Parish. Additional details will be printed in the Tuesday June 2 edition. The following article was written prior to Mr. Duke's appointment.
Kdl

Plainview, TX

#16 May 30, 2009
Vic the Demon wrote:
<quoted text>Duke chosen as new School Superintendent
A large crowd attended the forum.
Published: Saturday, May 30, 2009 12:39 AM CDT
Editor's note: On Friday afternoon the Natchitoches Parish School Board appointed Derwood Duke to replace Dr. Elwanda Murphy as the School Superintendent for Natchitoches Parish. Additional details will be printed in the Tuesday June 2 edition. The following article was written prior to Mr. Duke's appointment.
This can not be true, the Board ask each candidate to make up a question and then answer it and this Duke person could'nt even do that! If he is superintendent than there is something wrong with you white people. A 70 year old man who isn't even up to date with policies and procedures. This is a DISGRACE!
White person

Plainview, TX

#17 May 30, 2009
Well I'm a white person and i agree, If Duke is Superintendent then I am moving my family away from Natchitohces. My kids have been through enough with Elwanda Murphy screwing up the Natch. school system, and now you are bringing in an old fart!
Vic the Demon

United States

#18 May 30, 2009
White person wrote:
Well I'm a white person and i agree, If Duke is Superintendent then I am moving my family away from Natchitohces. My kids have been through enough with Elwanda Murphy screwing up the Natch. school system, and now you are bringing in an old fart!
Then you better start packing! It is true.
melanie

AOL

#19 May 30, 2009
White person wrote:
Then CARRY your ARSE!!!
Old Dude

United States

#20 May 30, 2009
melanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then CARRY your ARSE!!!
Carry your what? Apparently, you went to school under Duke! LOL
sleepy

Abilene, TX

#21 May 31, 2009
How can you idiots start judging someone when he hasn't even started the job yet? DAMN! give him a chance before you start to bitch!!!!
Hella choice

United States

#22 May 31, 2009
sleepy wrote:
How can you idiots start judging someone when he hasn't even started the job yet? DAMN! give him a chance before you start to bitch!!!!
So, your answer is "we screwed the public education system again, and hired an old farr, an old coach, who is part of the white regime, so get use to it"? We are stating our opinion on his previous record, dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marty Powell 18 min hmmmmm 13
White women 5 hr Jonh Smoke 15
Daphne Davis at it again!!! In Shreveport schem... (Oct '15) 6 hr Humblepie 4
Trump is not my President 9 hr Putin 4
Sloppy coochie in Natchitoches 10 hr YFN 1
Those stupid cannons again 11 hr Yeah 6
I'm convinced Natchitoches la is racist. 14 hr Lets hear it 10

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance