First Prev
of 3
Next Last
huggie

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 May 31, 2010
I hear that NCHS is getting a new principal next year...Dale Skinner from Pleasant Hill ...anyone else heard? He's a good man..
COME ON MAN

Natchitoches, LA

#2 Jun 1, 2010
Where is SUPER DAVE when you need him? Gone home!!!
H A Dew

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jun 1, 2010
I heard Chris Buzbee is moving back to Natchitoches from Mississippi to take the job. Derwodd Duke handpicked him.
gray beard

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2010
Dale Skinner? How old is this guy? Hell, he has to be in his mid 70's? Whose next, Lazarus?
Methusela

Spring, TX

#5 Jun 1, 2010
Land sakes, did someone say there was a job opening at NCHS?!
curious

Natchitoches, LA

#7 Jun 3, 2010
What is the latest?
Oh please

United States

#8 Jun 3, 2010
The word is that the board will do the deed of hiring Skinner tonight. For some reason there is a misprint in the Times (imagine that?) that states the meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. Board meetings have always been held at 5:00 p.m. The good ole boys are up to their usual poop. They plan on hiring Skinner early to avoid public input.
curious

United States

#9 Jun 3, 2010
why did elkins leave?
NCHS teacher

Spring, TX

#10 Jun 3, 2010
curious wrote:
why did elkins leave?
Severe case of hemorrhoids.
been there

United States

#11 Jun 3, 2010
curious wrote:
why did elkins leave?
The tremendous amount of pressure of being a principal of the largest high school in the parish. No support from Central Office also contributes to the stress of the job. Central Office is comprised of a bunch of menopausal women who only have a background in lower elementary education. The whole system is a pressure cooker for everyone in the trenches. Can you imagine having a boss who is so far behind the curve that he can't be of any help? Mr. Elkins did a good job for as long as he could.
Catfish

Natchitoches, LA

#12 Jun 5, 2010
curious wrote:
why did elkins leave?
He is not entirely leaving NC. He is going back to the classroom as a math teacher, at which he was very good.
I am a teacher at NC and have seen the toll the job has taken on Mr. Elkins. I don't blame him one bit for returning to the classroom. The principalship at NC has got to be the toughest job in the system.
Good luck, Mr. Elkins!
NCHS Parent

United States

#13 Jun 5, 2010
The position for NCHS principal had two impressive choices for the position. What is the world comming to.... where is the justice when two young men are passed over for someone who has such a high range in age and friends with Duke.The residents of Natchitoches are watching and not pleased with the outcome. The one shirt color is also a issue and parents feel that letters should have been sent home first before a choice was made. Parents of NC student should have a equal say in what colors shirts their child will dressed in at school. Before the uniform was decided at first a letter was sent home... WHY NOT NOW....
Real Deal

Natchitoches, LA

#14 Jun 5, 2010
NCHS Parent wrote:
The position for NCHS principal had two impressive choices for the position. What is the world comming to.... where is the justice when two young men are passed over for someone who has such a high range in age and friends with Duke.The residents of Natchitoches are watching and not pleased with the outcome. The one shirt color is also a issue and parents feel that letters should have been sent home first before a choice was made. Parents of NC student should have a equal say in what colors shirts their child will dressed in at school. Before the uniform was decided at first a letter was sent home... WHY NOT NOW....
You are full of sh#!. Skinner is just the hard ass we need to get NCHS off its back. Cowering to the blacks as well as their usefull idiots on the school board has gone on too long. By the way the residents of Natchitoches that have any sense are just fine with this choice. It isn't a popularity contest, its about getting the freaking job done and Skinner will.
Ask me

United States

#15 Jun 6, 2010
If your biggest problem is what color your damn childs uniform is then you have got it made. It's a UNIFORM and it will not get in the way of their education.

Some people always find something ridiculous to bitch about.
what up

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2010
Real Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of sh#!. Skinner is just the hard ass we need to get NCHS off its back. Cowering to the blacks as well as their usefull idiots on the school board has gone on too long. By the way the residents of Natchitoches that have any sense are just fine with this choice. It isn't a popularity contest, its about getting the freaking job done and Skinner will.
You seem to be implying that Skinner is cut from the same racial cloth as Derwood Duke? So you think hiring a 75 year old principal, who can't even us a computer, is ok with the residents of Natchitoches? We, the tax payers, are not satisified with operating another nursing home in Central Office. By Zeus who will be Duke's next choice, Lazarus? You are a moron!
what up

United States

#17 Jun 6, 2010
pardon "use"
Real Deal

Natchitoches, LA

#18 Jun 6, 2010
what up wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be implying that Skinner is cut from the same racial cloth as Derwood Duke? So you think hiring a 75 year old principal, who can't even us a computer, is ok with the residents of Natchitoches? We, the tax payers, are not satisified with operating another nursing home in Central Office. By Zeus who will be Duke's next choice, Lazarus? You are a moron!
You too are full of shit....is the unfounded charge of racism all you got??? You seem to have a real problem with descrimination except when it comes to capable older workers. If someone of any age can cut it then it doesn't matter. Sure hope that when you are 75 that others will judge you for your capabilities and not your age. Loser!
Know It All

Natchitoches, LA

#19 Jun 6, 2010
For once this is not a racial issue. Skinner got every vote except two from the board members. I think they now know that they have to come together if things are to improve.
just a teacher

Natchitoches, LA

#20 Jun 7, 2010
A vote of 8-2 does not indicate that any of these board members will be supportive of the new principal when school begins next fall. One of the key difficulties faced by any administrator in this parish is the intense micro-management of everyday activities by board members and central office staff. Free this new principal to do his job and we may very well see results. I do hope so.

According to the literature on making changes in post modern high schools- it takes the strong commitment of a leader for five years to make needed changes. It does concern me that, five years from now, the new principal will be 80.
318olop

Natchitoches, LA

#21 Jun 7, 2010
Dale Skinner was a good principal at Pleasant Hill. He was very disciplining and very strict but a great principal. He might be old but dont underestimate him he has a big bite for a small dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Want a Job Offshore? (Jun '09) 35 min Digger 42
Young kids smoking 56 min Concerned parent 1
Casey n Amanda Smith robbed wrong people! 7 hr mee 5
nchs 12 hr Peabody B 10
Biggest slut in Robeline (Oct '09) 15 hr Yea_I_know 12
Poll How many posters are ptetending to be Silver Hair? (Oct '10) 16 hr Boo Cocky 23
Why do white people look like hairless animals? 17 hr Tarzan 65

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages