Best Natchitoches Musicians
her

Lafayette, LA

#243 May 7, 2009
i know a girl named lauren who is a wonderful cellist
Keyboard Guy

Springhill, LA

#244 May 23, 2009
I just scanned all the posts...It brought back many memories. I played with Billy Pendleton for a year or so back in the 70's. I was there in the beginning of the original "Earth", the one with 3 lead singers (and Don Moss on guitar). We all loved harmony, and tried to put together a group featuring really tight vocals. After that group dissolved, Billy put together a second Earth, one in which I left after a few months.
Also, I was in "Everybody's Pillow" for about 3 years prior to the formation of Earth. We played Nachitoches many times, including the night AFTER Jim Croce died in the plane crash. All I remember about that night at Northwestern was that everybody was SO dulled out.Today I play in a group for Celebrate Recovery every friday night now in Louisiana. It is a wonderful help to people with hurts, habits, and hangups. Good to read all of your posts!
AwfulMusic

Dillon, SC

#245 May 23, 2009
On the other end of the spectrum. I was downtown today and Monty and Marsha Brown were "playing" at the green market. I wanted to claw my ears out. They were awful. That hasn't changed much over the years.
observa

Abilene, TX

#246 May 23, 2009
AwfulMusic wrote:
On the other end of the spectrum. I was downtown today and Monty and Marsha Brown were "playing" at the green market. I wanted to claw my ears out. They were awful. That hasn't changed much over the years.
Don't judge them on an American Idol standard.
They don't claim to be concert quality artists.They are what they are. A married couple who enjoy traveling, meeting people, making travel films, and exporting the folk music heritage of Louisiana. They aren't making any bold claims of stardom. Informal musicians abound here. Many of us enjoy getting together and picking, and yes--even sometimes in public places like Rebel Park or down on the riverbank.
What's the harm in that? Monty and Marsha Brown have educated hundreds of kids in our schools and during the Fall tour. Sure--you can find lots of folks with polished talent, but the couple you are bashing has done more to promote the culture of Louisiana than 99% of the citizens here. For that reason alone, we could use more people like them.
could be worse

Dillon, SC

#247 May 23, 2009
AwfulMusic wrote:
They were better than watching Conna Cloutier dance around with a tamborine.
just being me

United States

#248 Jun 6, 2009
fitzgerald
Suzi

Dallas, TX

#249 Jul 5, 2009
Raymond Cedars says Pontias Pilate and the Nail Drivers was one of the best bands ever in Louisiana

“Git some!”

Since: Jun 09

Natchitoches, LA

#250 Jul 5, 2009
FRED SAVAGES!!!
hitch

Clovis, NM

#251 Jul 6, 2009
Dirt Blanchard wrote:
FRED SAVAGES!!!
dude, get bent.
Winnie

Spring, TX

#252 Jul 6, 2009
hitch wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, get bent.
Why don't you, Wayne!
hitch

Shreveport, LA

#253 Jul 8, 2009
Winnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you, Wayne!
Wayne?
Kevin Arnold

Spring, TX

#254 Jul 8, 2009
hitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Wayne?
Dude, you make my buddy Paul look like the coolest guy on the planet!
Madeline

Lake Jackson, TX

#255 Aug 6, 2009
Do I ever remember Billy? I loved Billy Pendleton and Earth! Best club band I EVER heard!
Campground MIA

Henderson, NV

#256 Aug 8, 2009
Hey to all just found this forum by mistake i was looking for twin oaks liquor store. Im not sure of proper protocol here but i got a ? for Winnie.iS YOU IS OR IS YOU AINT an old long lost friend of mine from Iatt lake and if you is . heres a hint 4 you about me.(Jerry lee , Joe Reese, and who else would be in that glassy eyed trio?... think hard and post back .

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#257 Aug 9, 2009
Very interesting....bump!!!
jwj4856

Benton, AR

#258 Aug 23, 2009
Hi everyone, I was born and raised in Natchitoches, know almost all the musicians named, went to high school with a few, David Dollar Randy Price Donnie Hyams, etc., another couple pretty fair musicians from there is Rodney Hendricks, keyboard and guitar and myself on guitar, we are thinking of getting a band together, probably play mostly arounjd Shreveport and Longview area. Rodney played a little while in Natchitoches with Rockfoundation, I played in Shreveport with New Dawn, Jerry Beach Blues Band and have even played with James Burton. Hope to get to post a few times and catch up with some of the old buddies from around home.
Wayne Tibbit

Plano, TX

#259 Sep 7, 2009
Bob wrote:
The LATE, GREAT,(Brian Ferrier)hands down the best guitarist to live in Natchitoches.
I played the Hammond organ with Brian and his brother Al, in their band, The Playmates, at the Lake Club for a few years in the late 60's/early 70's. What a player and what a honkytonk club! "I seen so many things, I ain't never seen before..." Playing with Brian was a permanent life lesson in music-making!

Still rocking and rolling in Dallas: SpectorsGunCollection.com
Paul Shelton

Baton Rouge, LA

#260 Sep 16, 2009
Campground MIA wrote:
Hey to all just found this forum by mistake i was looking for twin oaks liquor store. Im not sure of proper protocol here but i got a ? for Winnie.iS YOU IS OR IS YOU AINT an old long lost friend of mine from Iatt lake and if you is . heres a hint 4 you about me.(Jerry lee , Joe Reese, and who else would be in that glassy eyed trio?... think hard and post back .
Eddie Joe Gongre?
Paul Shelton

Baton Rouge, LA

#261 Sep 16, 2009
Just wanted to say hi to all my long lost musician friends.
tonedeaf

United States

#262 Sep 16, 2009
did Ricky King bang on some drums in a band with Eddie Joe Gongre?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Essay Topic 58 min Tugboat 2
Front Street 3 hr Response 2
Trailer/MobileHome/House for Rent ?! 15 hr Tugboat 13
Black people are black as tar 16 hr black toy 4 wf 5
People stare at people way to much 21 hr Kelly 10
Domestic abuse Sat Granny 12
Ok Natchitoches Whats up COLLINS & STAMEY TO BO... Sat Dot Dot Dot 2

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance