Best Natchitoches Musicians

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Natchitoches Music

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 11, 2007
We have a lot of great musicians here in Natchitoches.
Would you like to see them all on stage at one time for a hour music jam?

Who is your favorite?
Drummer
Guitar
Bass
Horn
Key board
singer
Canerivercruiser

Natchitoches, LA

#2 Aug 12, 2007
wasnt there a concert at the mchale last springwith nsu and local musicians. i was at one of them concerts and truly enjoyed it.
dontgetit

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 12, 2007
where is mchale and when was springwith?

I would like to see them all at one time playing rock, country and blues. It would be great if somebody put them all together.

I don't know of any one band in town now other then johnny earache and the moonbeams.

I would like to see the best of that band along with Randy Price, Luke Broullette, Salis Dollar, Sammy Nix, Mike Morris, David Dollar, etc along with any other somebody can think of.
Neverthetwainsha llmeet

Dillon, SC

#4 Aug 12, 2007
dontgetit wrote:
where is mchale and when was springwith?
I would like to see them all at one time playing rock, country and blues. It would be great if somebody put them all together.
I don't know of any one band in town now other then johnny earache and the moonbeams.
I would like to see the best of that band along with Randy Price, Luke Broullette, Salis Dollar, Sammy Nix, Mike Morris, David Dollar, etc along with any other somebody can think of.
I think he's referring to the recital hall at the NSU Fine Arts building and Spring, as in the season of the year. It scares me to think that I'm actually starting to grasp what his posts are trying to say.
Bob

Seaside, CA

#5 Aug 12, 2007
The LATE, GREAT, (Brian Ferrier)hands down the best guitarist to live in Natchitoches.

Since: Jul 07

Dubberly, LA

#6 Aug 12, 2007
dontgetit wrote:
Do you mean "rodnie offkey and the moonpies?"
Cane gal

Spring, TX

#7 Aug 12, 2007
anybody remember Billy Pendleton from back in the day? where is he now?(I can't vouch for whether he should be in the top 10, I was never sober when I heard him sing...)
Blondie

Natchitoches, LA

#8 Aug 12, 2007
Good memories on Billy Pendleton! If I was sober or not, I remember him being a good singer and very good entertainer. Last I heard he was a stock broker in Mississippi. He always connected to the audience.

I know Billy O'Con is still around, but from back in the day, I always enjoyed when he was playing.
Try this

Marthaville, LA

#9 Aug 12, 2007
Six Miles To Point is good.
Some of their music is here:
www.myspace.com/86683002
Bob

Seaside, CA

#10 Aug 12, 2007
Cane gal wrote:
anybody remember Billy Pendleton from back in the day? where is he now?(I can't vouch for whether he should be in the top 10, I was never sober when I heard him sing...)
Billy would take a shot of Taquella after each song sometime from ladies shoe's.
Cane gal

Spring, TX

#11 Aug 12, 2007
what a guy. I was dating a friend of his and I remember Billy giving me a brotherly talk about relationships and all that crap in between sets one night. I was so drunk my eyes probably looked like pinwheels, and all I could think was "OH MY GOD - You're so CUTE!!!" (I was 19 at the time so gimme a break) He was a nice guy.
Cane gal

Spring, TX

#12 Aug 12, 2007
On the subject - I vote for David and Silas Dollar, Sammy Nix, Donnie Hyams and Luke Broulliette.
Natchitoches Music

Atlanta, GA

#13 Aug 12, 2007
Yes Billy Pendleton was one of the best. I think he should be added to the list of all time greats and he should also be on stage.

Billy O'con is a great player too. He needs to be on that list and the stage.

Does anybody know Doyle Primm? Where oh where are you Doyle Primm? Come out and bring that guitar with you.

There is a Murphy dude that plays guitar, anybody know his name. I saw him at the Pub a couple of years ago. It was a three piece band. Good bass player, and I think sammy on drums.

What do you think it would take to get all these people on a stage?

Doyle Primm, Billy O'con, Billy Pendleton, Ronnie Brumbley,Randy Price, Luke Broullette, Salis Dollar, Sammy Nix, Mike Morris, David Dollar, Donnie Hyams,

He's not from Natchitoches but Harmon Drew on Keyboards.He should be from Natchitches as much as he use to play here back in the 70's.

I hate we have to leave out BB Major, Dr Dewdrop and Mr Conant.

Will you show up if somebody can put that together?
Canerivercruiser

Natchitoches, LA

#15 Aug 13, 2007
i do remember harmon drew group and billy well from the 70s.we need something like that again.yeah had a good time then.
beachbum

United States

#16 Aug 13, 2007
Billy Pendleton! Man, does that name bring back memories. Fronted a band called Earth. Saw them as a freshman at Northwestern State in 1976.
I ON U2

AOL

#17 Aug 13, 2007
What about the Brumley Brother's and the infamous Sportsman Lodge...Man those were the days! Any one remember, the old Bojangles Ronnie Cox and The Blue Bayou???
david dollar

United States

#18 Aug 13, 2007
I agree...David Dollar is quite hot! and I'm not just talking about the voice...(kidding, but only slightly so...)

Here's an interesting update for you groovesters...Donnie Hyams, Billy O'Con, David Dollar, Jenny Rodgers, and violin stunner Dr. Andrej Kurti will be playing acoustic rock and sundry other tunes at the Ducournau Courtyard Friday, September 7. Who knows--maybe the beginnings of the reunion tour mentioned above. Secondly, most of the above plus Silas Dollar and Sammy Nix will be at the Pub this coming Thursday night along with Hardrick Rivers and a few other horn players. Generally a good time had by all, especially the band.
...harmon drew, mike morris,and several others on the list still play together, but mostly private parties--good old horn tunes, especially.

In closing, Doyle Primm is in Florida, Ronnie Brumley passed away some years ago, Pendleton is indeed in McComb, MS, and still shakes sweat on the ladies too close to the choir loft when he sings. He did remarry, by the way...and the Ferrier Bros (Brian, Wesley, Al, et al) and Brumley Bros and Sammy Nix absolutely killed at the Sportsman's...only thing close was a hot El Kabong night at the SportAPak.
d$
Natchitoches Music

Atlanta, GA

#19 Aug 13, 2007
So David, would you be willing to have one big stage and jam session of Natchitoches musicians for all us old people that miss the times of cutting a rug to all of you at one place or another? I know I would love to be there. I have friends that have moved and would love to come back for it.

I wish I could find Doyle. I have some pictures of him from back in 1975.
david dollar

United States

#20 Aug 13, 2007
Absolutely--I suggest Natchitoches Manor or the Arbor to draw the really big crowd...By the way, Doyle has had some internet postings of his band(s) in Florida--you can probably find some. He's really big down there...
Cherokee1963

Pinola, MS

#21 Aug 13, 2007
Cane gal wrote:
Billy Pendleton is in McComb, MS. He goes by Bill nowadays. He's a stockbroker. Should be easy to find. Don't expect him to be open to the idea of coming back to Natchitoches to play any of his oldies though. Seems Billy (Bill) has gone in a different direction. I saw him in Jackson a few years back with his new wife. I mentioned the old band Billy Pendleton & Earth. I don't think this gal new anything about that. From what I understand Billy is big in a church down there and only sings church music now. I don't know why he would be ashamed of his old band. But I respect him not wanting to relive the good old days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can anyone name old honky tonk's in our area (Oct '07) 14 hr Richard Morningwood 78
Is jenay a woman or man 19 hr Lol 3
Want a Job Offshore? (Jun '09) Sat Shelby 54
Stines lumber (Oct '15) Sat Customer 7
This is Happy Day Sat Response 2
Tell the truth jazz Sat Gutta chick 8
Best dentist office Sat Lol 15

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages