a post about the natchitoches shooting

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
more 411

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Apr 21, 2011
OK so this morning I read a post on here with some details in regards to the shooting that took place, but now I can't find it. does anyone know if it was removed or what the details about the incident were? I know the 2 boys in the shooting, but what was it over or what not?
Lol

United States

#2 Apr 21, 2011
Over being stupid

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 21, 2011
Shooting wounds 2 in Natchitoches
11:00 PM, Apr. 20, 2011

Two men were shot Wednesday afternoon in Natchitoches, and Natchitoches Police detained two suspects shortly after the incident, according to a press release.

The department's detective division still is investigating the shooting, which happened around 3:43 p.m. A 911 call reported a shooting in the parking lot of the Willow Bend Apartment Complex, 200 Willow Bend Drive off the La. Highway 1 Bypass.

One victim, Joseph Metoyer, 24, was found after driving himself to an address on University Drive. Metoyer had been shot once in the face and was being treated Wednesday at Natchitoches Regional Medical Center. The second victim, Onterio Pier, 17, ran from the scene with a gunshot wound to his lower right leg. He also is being treated at Natchitoches Regional.

Detectives have detained two suspects, but no information on them was released Wednesday afternoon.
more 411

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Apr 21, 2011
right now it's not about being stupid it's about being serious...thanks for your comedian efforts...it's not stupid when you have an underage kid with a grown man and both get shot, landing one in icu...they had a good post on here this morning and I can't find the post so this is an attempt for more info not stupidity...
more 411

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Apr 21, 2011
thanks for the paper posting...the 17 year old is my bestfriends son. we are pushing the issue here for as much info as possible in attempts to get him out of whatever the situation is because he's a good young man and doesnt need to be caught up with any type of foolishness...any body else with more info please respond...

“I'm here”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 21, 2011
stay prayerful.
sickofthem

AOL

#7 Apr 21, 2011
Sounds like a fine young man!! Where were you and the parent when this fine young man got shot?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2011
@ sickofthem, do you have kids? If so I doubt it seriously if you are able to watch them 24 hours a day/7 days a week. If you can let me know how its done.

“BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA! !!”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 21, 2011
more 411 wrote:
thanks for the paper posting...the 17 year old is my bestfriends son. we are pushing the issue here for as much info as possible in attempts to get him out of whatever the situation is because he's a good young man and doesnt need to be caught up with any type of foolishness...any body else with more info please respond...
It was blacks.
more411

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Apr 21, 2011
well sickofthem...just because the boy wasn't with his friends or parents doesnt mean he was in a bad place...bad things happen to good people all the time and that does not mean there was a lack of parenting or what not involved...grow up...that's such a stupid response.
Jame Gumb

Natchitoches, LA

#11 Apr 21, 2011
MsTP wrote:
@ sickofthem, do you have kids? If so I doubt it seriously if you are able to watch them 24 hours a day/7 days a week. If you can let me know how its done.
Keep them in cages, or other suitable secure holding places. I find locked basements and crawl spaces are ideal for keeping track of the little darlings. That and the security cameras are always on. Stay away from chaining them up in the back yard for obvious reasons. There is nothing like making good memories for both kids and the family. My loving children get a real kick out of it when I yell at them "it cleans the basement closet, or else it gets the hose again!"
PryncS

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2011
more411 wrote:
well sickofthem...just because the boy wasn't with his friends or parents doesnt mean he was in a bad place...bad things happen to good people all the time and that does not mean there was a lack of parenting or what not involved...grow up...that's such a stupid response.
One thing I've learned in life is that you cannot fix stupid so ignore it! The simple minded people can get on this forum and say the most most aweful things when a tragedy has occured....it's really sad and unfortunate because this could have been anyone's child in this situation! It doesn't matter who your are, where you're from, where you live or who your family is, tragedy can still knock on your door! Joseph is currently at LSU Medical Center in ICU and the prognosis aren't good! He was suppose to go into surgery this a.m. and he still hasn't! He is on life support and hopefully he will be able to go into surgery soon! I pray for all that are involved....some people can be so callous, life should never be taken for granted or taken away by the hand of another! I pray for them both as well as their parents! Right or wrong, good or bad, perfect or imperfect, we still love our children! May God encamp his angels around them and bring them and their families through this...
more411

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Apr 21, 2011
thanks for a sensible response prync. We are just trying to get more behind it because there are so many "speculations" and not enough real answers....
PryncS

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 21, 2011
more411 wrote:
thanks for a sensible response prync. We are just trying to get more behind it because there are so many "speculations" and not enough real answers....
I pray that you and everyone that is genuinely concerned gets the answers and peace of mind that you are seeking! I am from Natchitoches, I moved away years ago and it's sad to see the place that I call home in such turmoil! All we can do is love our children, instill the best and give them right back to God! As a medical professional, I see so much coming through the ER as well as ICU, so please, the crude comments....safe it! Tragedy happens in every race and is inflicted by every race! It's amazing that after all this time, blacks are still stereotyped...our struggles have been long and hard but one thing about us is that we are determined and we never give up! So let's not give up on our kids, they are precious gifts from God and I ask that everyone find it in their hearts to lift these children in prayer and eeryone that is close to them! Remember...no one is perfect and no sin is greater than another....these children have parents and family members who love them and leaving dimeaning remarks, well it speaks of your character and no one else's!!!!!
PryncS

United States

#15 Apr 21, 2011
more411 wrote:
Natchtioches Police have made an arrest in yesterday's shooting that left two men injured.

17 year old Christopher Washington is facing charges of attempted first degree murder, attempted armed robbery and attempted armed robbery with a firearm.  Police say Washington admitted to pulling the trigger and says it was all the result of a drug deal gone bad.  Washington told officers he entered Joseph Metoyer's home with the intent to steal drugs and money.  That prompted detectives to search Metoyer's home.  Once inside, police say they found numerous drugs including marijuana, crack cocaine, and hydrocodone.

Justin Metoyer was taken into custody in connection to the drugs.  He faces charges of obstruction of justice, possession of drugs with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting an officer.  Washington faces charges of attempted first degree murder, attempted armed robbery and attempted armed robbery with a firearm.

Both men are being held in the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center.  Joseph Metoyer is still hospitalized and being treated for his injuries.
We know

Shreveport, LA

#16 Apr 21, 2011
Wrong. The shooter never came to the Metoyer's home. The shooting happened at The apartments it had nothing to do with drugs
Someone

Natchitoches, LA

#17 Apr 21, 2011
You know what wrong with natchitoches no one gets the story right but everyone knows what happen you all needs to find the truth before posting the untruth story of half ass.
sickofthem

AOL

#18 Apr 21, 2011
EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES
boo frickin hoo

Natchitoches, LA

#19 Apr 21, 2011
"Justin Metoyer was taken into custody in connection to the drugs. He faces charges of obstruction of justice, possession of drugs with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting an officer."

His 75-year old grandpa was also arrested on the same charges, but released because of "health reasons". Why is he healthy enough to have recently (if not currently) worked on one side of the bars at the DC and not be healthy enough to be jailed on the other side? And, KNOC had details in their noon news, then omitted all details about the dealers in later reports, like the "whitewash" on here. Don't tell me grandpa didn't know: his grandkids live there, don't work, people always coming around, grandkids always have money, and he never checked their room? He's a retired probation officer. HELLO???

"We know" don't know crap. All of those Metoyer kids have spent the majority of their lives locked up. They should get what they deserve (and have never gotten).

Praying for this poor family that needs to learn tough love.

JMHO
PryncS

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Apr 21, 2011
We know wrote:
Wrong. The shooter never came to the Metoyer's home. The shooting happened at The apartments it had nothing to do with drugs
Wow...where was it ever posted that the SHOOTER ever went to Bobby and Louise's home! No one....what's important is is that God has brought Joey through his first surgery and he's still with us! What's also important is to keep these children and their families in prayer!!! Only simple minds want to have the "best" story to tell when only THE TRUTH matters!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need work 5 min single mom 3
Choices for Judge 2 hr Voter2 39
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr Not Landrieu 3,886
Patrick Howard 4 hr You people in bad... 5
Bianca Smith 10 hr straightoffdaKING... 82
breda town fight 13 hr Hello Folks 8
The hook up 14 hr cheapO 1
Natchitoches Dating
Find my Match

Natchitoches Jobs

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Natchitoches News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Natchitoches

Personal Finance