Sea and Sirloin, Natchitoches

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Ancient Scout

Natchitoches, LA

#1 Jul 6, 2012
This past Tuesday the old Antoons Riverfront Cafe opened as Sea and Sirloin. Mr. John's health is not too good so he has leased his building to Mr. White for a Sea and Sirloin.

Wife and I dined there tonight, and the menu, the quality and abundance of food was equal to the Hwy 9 Sea and Sirloin. The service was excellent also just like Hwy 9.

And the best part of our experience, we didn't have to drive 25 minutes to get there.

By the way, the place was packed with diners with a waiting line of about 15 minutes.

Thank you Mr. White for making a very good business decision and bringing the finest dining in this area to the city of Natchitoches.

P.S the waitresses are much younger and cuter than those on Hwy 9.
uggh

Marksville, LA

#2 Jul 6, 2012
This is sad, I will truly miss Antoon's! I'm sure Mr. White's restaurant is great, but if I want Sea & Sirloin, I go to Sea & Sirloin. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I will be a regular customer no longer :(
Cardiologist

Natchitoches, LA

#3 Jul 6, 2012
More fried food means a nice addition to the house.

Thank you Sea & Sirloin!
Citizen

Haughton, LA

#4 Jul 6, 2012
uggh, you are supporting Mr. Antoon, by going to the new restaurant. He benefits from the building being leased. He receives no income if the building is empty. Duh!
waitress

United States

#5 Jul 6, 2012
Ancient Scout wrote:
This past Tuesday the old Antoons Riverfront Cafe opened as Sea and Sirloin. Mr. John's health is not too good so he has leased his building to Mr. White for a Sea and Sirloin.

Wife and I dined there tonight, and the menu, the quality and abundance of food was equal to the Hwy 9 Sea and Sirloin. The service was excellent also just like Hwy 9.

And the best part of our experience, we didn't have to drive 25 minutes to get there.

By the way, the place was packed with diners with a waiting line of about 15 minutes.

Thank you Mr. White for making a very good business decision and bringing the finest dining in this area to the city of Natchitoches.

P.S the waitresses are much younger and cuter than those on Hwy 9.
Do they have that good salad bar like the other Sea & Sirloin?
Ancient Scout

Natchitoches, LA

#6 Jul 6, 2012
waitress wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have that good salad bar like the other Sea & Sirloin?
Identical. Love that broccoli slaw, and artichoke hearts.

And for all you idiots putting this down, you are all in the minority judging from the overflow crowd tonight.
Ancient Scout

Natchitoches, LA

#7 Jul 6, 2012
Citizen wrote:
uggh, you are supporting Mr. Antoon, by going to the new restaurant. He benefits from the building being leased. He receives no income if the building is empty. Duh!
Exactly what is wrong with supporting Mr. Antoon. I would rather support a local businessman than something like McDonalds or Burger King. So what if Mr. Antoon benefits??? That is just a great business decision. especially considering his health.

I supported Mr. Antoon before and now I will certainly continue to support him.

You are simply a moron hater. Or you are simply a failure in society contrary to the successes of Mr. Antoon and Mr. White. Get over yourself and get a life.
citizen2

Marksville, LA

#8 Jul 6, 2012
Citizen wrote:
There is a lease in place. Mr. Antoon makes money even if Sea & Sirloin sucks. Duh! I agree, if we want to eat at Sea & Sirloin, we will go there. There is enough fried seafood in town, but not another place with Italian options. Mr. White should have leased the building and business, and kept the menu and food the same. Nothing against Mr. White, but there are a WHOLE LOT of Antoon's customers who probably will not go there any more. As far as how packed the place was, EVERY new restaurant in Natchitoches is packed. For a short while. Then the newness wears off.
lean and meaN

United States

#9 Jul 7, 2012
we dine @ S&S & almost never have fied food. they serve steaks, boiled shrimp, & any fish they fry can also be grilled. just ask.
A customer today

Little Rock, AR

#10 Jul 7, 2012
Good grief I am not believing this petty crap some of you are posting.
I am delighted there will be a Sea & Sirloin in Natchitoches, I have never eaten anything at Sea & Sirloin that was not top quality food. We are older and go to bed much earlier now and it means a lot to us that Mr. White and staff are bringing their culinary talent to Natchitoches. There are plenty items that are not fried and the salad bar we love. The only other place in Natchitoches that has a decent salad bar is Lucky Village and that is a crying shame.
Bravo to the new restaurant and good luck Mr. White. My family will definately be a customer and so will my ladies group.
Maybe this will shake some of the other restaurants to change up their menu a little. Some have never changed and it gets boring.
duh

Natchitoches, LA

#11 Jul 7, 2012
Citizen wrote:
i think he/she was replying to ugggg who said they would not support s&s because it wasnt mr antoons. some of you jumped on this person but they were actually defending the new place. go back and re read.......... just saying
oh yea

United States

#12 Jul 7, 2012
I dont care what anyone says...i have eaten at S&S since i was a lil girl...on special occasions. I avoid fried foods almost 100% of the time. However...Sea and Sirloin is unlike ANY of the other restaurants around. I honestly dont kno whats up with those catfish strips, but they are absolutely AMAZING!!!! Hate if u want, but that place will stand the test of time and people from all over drive an hour or more to eat at the one on black lake, and IF this is identical....other restaurants better watch out! Then tgey give u WAY too much food. Its expensive, bit worth it to me!
Just my opinion

Lethbridge, Canada

#13 Jul 7, 2012
I don't even think it's that expensive... for the volume of food that is served ... it's more than just the food though... When I come home to visit, I can always count on running into someone I know at Sea & Sirloin... It really has been a "constant" to so many that have made it a "special" place... We always take my Mama to Sea & Sirloin for Mother's Day, birthdays, etc... I'm excited about the new location in Natchitoches... can't wait to try it! I was a bit concerned when the ownership changed, but as far as I could see the new owner kept to old traditions and if I hadn't known the difference, I wouldn't have even known there was a new owner... Good Luck Sea & Sirloin Natchiotches!
Blue Diamond

United States

#14 Jul 7, 2012
I think your just a relative boosting up the business . I'm not saying the food is good or bad but your hyping it to hard. I hate the man is in poor health but let's not make shit shine by using little sneaky mullato tactics. Yeah, we know...you have to stick together but why not just be human and shut the hell up!
Worker

Natchitoches, LA

#15 Jul 7, 2012
Went there tonight to try it out. Just as good as the other Sea & Sirlion. Great food, the service was great, and the place was packed.
I'll be back there.
Citizen

Haughton, LA

#16 Jul 7, 2012
Thank you Duh! You got it right. It is silly saying you will not support the new business, because it is not Antoon's. Mr. Antoon will be happy for you to support the new restaurant, uggh and Ancient Scout. I have not been to Mr. White's Sea & Sirloin, yet. I am thrilled he opened one here in town. I am not a relative and I do not know Mr. White. I was not a fan of Antoon's restaurant, so I am happy about Sea & Sirloin.
Friend

Natchitoches, LA

#17 Jul 7, 2012
Glad they have finally opened. Love the salad bar, if it's the same as Hwy 9,also don't like making that drive. Will b going soon. What's the hours and days of business? Good Luck to The White's!!! Luv the Antoon's also and wish them well!!
Ancient Scout

Natchitoches, LA

#18 Jul 8, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Thank you Duh! You got it right. It is silly saying you will not support the new business, because it is not Antoon's. Mr. Antoon will be happy for you to support the new restaurant, uggh and Ancient Scout. I have not been to Mr. White's Sea & Sirloin, yet. I am thrilled he opened one here in town. I am not a relative and I do not know Mr. White. I was not a fan of Antoon's restaurant, so I am happy about Sea & Sirloin.
My apology to you sir. I misunderstood your first post. This is a win - win situation for everybody involved. Mr. Antoon will have a steady income, Mr. White will increase his income, and those of us living in Natchitoches will not have to drive 30 minutes to enjoy the food. I have always said that Sea and Sirloin is the best restruant around. You get an abundance of high quality food for a fair price...unlike some other downtown establishments.
Hello

United States

#19 Jul 8, 2012
uggh wrote:
This is sad, I will truly miss Antoon's! I'm sure Mr. White's restaurant is great, but if I want Sea & Sirloin, I go to Sea & Sirloin. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I will be a regular customer no longer :(
To "UGGH", you are so narrow minded. Do you know how many business change owners and you still go there, studpidity is you. You will miss out on some good food, just because.
uggh

United States

#20 Jul 8, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text> To "UGGH", you are so narrow minded. Do you know how many business change owners and you still go there, studpidity is you. You will miss out on some good food, just because.
Stupidity is YOU...its not the ownership change thats bad, its the menu change. Why couldn't he leave the food the same? Nothing to do with ownership. DUH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white people look like hairless animals? (Jul '16) 1 hr patricia 71
Accident 6 hr Hungry hippo 1
Fix the terrible roads in natchitoches parish 10 hr libraries 2
That Rick knowlin sure does Have a lot people p... 10 hr Granny 1
King Donald of the United States of America 10 hr God 5
Fix the parish roads its on facebook 13 hr Granny 6
Rick knowlin can't even do the job he's so stup... 15 hr Granny 1

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance