Link for crawfish prices and where to...

Link for crawfish prices and where to buy!

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eat Tail

Natchitoches, LA

#1 Mar 3, 2008
You can go to this site for current crawfish prices. This is where I have been buying them and they are guaranteed live when they go in the pot. Best place I know and the owner furnished me this link:

http://www.natchitochescrawfish.com/CRAWFISH/...
tail lover

Natchitoches, LA

#2 Mar 4, 2008
Eat Tail wrote:
You can go to this site for current crawfish prices. This is where I have been buying them and they are guaranteed live when they go in the pot. Best place I know and the owner furnished me this link:
http://www.natchitochescrawfish.com/CRAWFISH/...
I got some there last Friday and they were great. Some of the best, and they beat the Crawfish Hole and I saved money!
tail pincer

Atlanta, GA

#3 Mar 5, 2008
RAYNE, La.(AP)- After seeing wholesale crawfish prices drop
sharply in recent weeks, a group of crawfish farmers has voted to
stop harvesting two days a week in hopes of tightening supplies.
However, it is uncertain how the vote at a Tuesday meeting of
crawfish farmers will affect wholesale supplies or retail prices.
The decision was approved by voice vote among about 140 farmers
present at the meeting of the Louisiana Crawfish Farmers
Association. It was clear that not everyone present approved. How
many would actually abide by the agreement was unclear.
The Crawfish Farmers Association has about 1,100 members, which
is the majority of the roughly 1,600 crawfish farmers in the state,
Association Director Stephen Minvielle said.
The wholesale price per pound fell from $2.50 to $1 in the past
four weeks, said David Savoy, president of the Louisiana Crawfish
Farmers Association.
http://www.kalb.com/index.php/news/article/cr...

WE WONDER WHY CRAWFISH IS SO EXPENSIVE. I THINK THIS EXPLAINS WHY WE CAN'T AFFORD TO EAT THEM ANY MORE.
I _s Nees_ Gas Money

United States

#4 Mar 5, 2008
tail lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I got some there last Friday and they were great. Some of the best, and they beat the Crawfish Hole and I saved money!
The Crawfish Hole is just too high. The pototes are so small looks like little nuts. They are robbing people off with their prices. You can get them at McFarlands on Texas for 2.00 a lb for you to boil. Had some Sunday night and they were nice size. They also have some already cooked, don't know the prices of them. Give them a try. Crawfish Hole acts like they are the only place to get them and they jerk the price up.
tail lover

Natchitoches, LA

#5 Mar 5, 2008
I _s Nees_ Gas Money wrote:
<quoted text>The Crawfish Hole is just too high. The pototes are so small looks like little nuts. They are robbing people off with their prices. You can get them at McFarlands on Texas for 2.00 a lb for you to boil. Had some Sunday night and they were nice size. They also have some already cooked, don't know the prices of them. Give them a try. Crawfish Hole acts like they are the only place to get them and they jerk the price up.
Got some there last Friday and they were better than Crawfish Hole and alot cheaper! Try the sausage!
PINCHER

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 5, 2008
I _s Nees_ Gas Money wrote:
<quoted text>The Crawfish Hole is just too high. The pototes are so small looks like little nuts. They are robbing people off with their prices. You can get them at McFarlands on Texas for 2.00 a lb for you to boil. Had some Sunday night and they were nice size. They also have some already cooked, don't know the prices of them. Give them a try. Crawfish Hole acts like they are the only place to get them and they jerk the price up.
TWO DOLLARS A POUND LIVE IS 100% MARKUP. THAT'S A LOT OF MARKUP ON A FOOD ITEM.
Crawfishkell

Plainview, TX

#7 Mar 9, 2008
My father has farms close to Shreveport so I sell live ones to anyone interested. Currently they are anywhere from $1.60-$1.75 depending on the market. If anyone is interested you can email me at [email protected] I will then contact you with further information...
Current Crawfish Prices

Tulsa, OK

#8 Feb 2, 2010
@Eat Tail What??? 4.00 a lb for live??? NO way! For current crawfish prices, and honesty, I only shop at http://www.selectcrawfish.com they have regularly updated prices day to day on live crawfish. Louisiana crawfish prices rise and fall like the stockmarket anymore. I've been using them for a long time and they always do a fabulous job.

Here's a direct link to their page. Oh and their crawfish seasoning is THE BOMB.

http://www.selectcrawfish.com/Louisiana_Crawf...
Mudbug Madness

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2010
selectcrawfish is currently out of crawfish, according to there web site, but thanks for providing that link ! I will check back with them in a couple of weeks.

“Who Dat Nation Fan”

Since: Feb 10

SW Arkansas

#10 Feb 21, 2010
I have ordered some boiled crawfish from http:/www.lacrawfish.com before with very awesome results !

“Who Dat Nation Fan”

Since: Feb 10

SW Arkansas

#11 Feb 23, 2010
All this talk about crawfish made me hungry for some, so yesturday-monday, I ordered 10 lbs of boiled crawfish from lacrawfish.com and today-tuesday I am eating some!. Considering the cost of shipping them by Next Day Air and two free spice packages that I can use later on some other boils, the cost - shipping and free spices was less than 2.75 lb delivered to my door. No driving, No hassels and the biggest Dads I have ever purchased. You asked for a link to crawfish and this one above is a Two Thumbs Up Company... I dont work for them, I am just a satified customer.

Mike

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 23, 2010
"I dont work for them, I am just a satified customer. Mike"

Well Mike around here we don't say satified...we say sas-fied! LOL

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 23, 2010
Mudbug Madness wrote:
All this talk about crawfish made me hungry for some, so yesturday-monday, I ordered 10 lbs of boiled crawfish from lacrawfish.com and today-tuesday I am eating some!. Considering the cost of shipping them by Next Day Air and two free spice packages that I can use later on some other boils, the cost - shipping and free spices was less than 2.75 lb delivered to my door. No driving, No hassels and the biggest Dads I have ever purchased. You asked for a link to crawfish and this one above is a Two Thumbs Up Company... I dont work for them, I am just a satified customer.
Mike
I've got some coming Saturday!!! Can't wait!

“Who Dat Nation Fan”

Since: Feb 10

SW Arkansas

#15 Feb 23, 2010
lucky_lady_ wrote:
"I dont work for them, I am just a satified customer. Mike"
Well Mike around here we don't say satified...we say sas-fied! LOL
Let me rephrase that.

I gots me a hanker-n for them there crawdaddys so bad that I was fix-n to explode.. I used a piece of plastic and pounded on thems keys till I ran out of beer! gots me more beer and kept a pound-n, I hollered Yeppie Yahoo when the fedup truck showed up.... Ya I'm sas-fied now :)

Better ? LoL

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Feb 24, 2010
Mudbug Madness wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me rephrase that.
I gots me a hanker-n for them there crawdaddys so bad that I was fix-n to explode.. I used a piece of plastic and pounded on thems keys till I ran out of beer! gots me more beer and kept a pound-n, I hollered Yeppie Yahoo when the fedup truck showed up.... Ya I'm sas-fied now :)
Better ? LoL
Better or maybe overkill! LOL
This wouldn't be M.P. now would it?

“Who Dat Nation Fan”

Since: Feb 10

SW Arkansas

#17 Feb 24, 2010
lucky_lady_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Better or maybe overkill! LOL
This wouldn't be M.P. now would it?
Nope this is Mike B...who or what is M.P.?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 Feb 24, 2010
Mudbug Madness wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope this is Mike B...who or what is M.P.?
Well I only know one Mike B. in AR & he lives in Pine Bluff...
but he has only been back up that way for maybe 12 yrs...
Mike P. is a wild & crazy guy that once lived here...now lives in AR!
Shannan

White Hall, AR

#19 Mar 25, 2010
Does anyone know what happened to the guy that sold the live crawfish in sterlington? Where did he move to? please help he had the best prices
Kendell

United States

#20 Apr 13, 2011
I live in Gramercy and will drive to pick some up around the lafayette area because I know there are farms in the surrounding areas. Where should I go or should I just order them online
Terry

Natchitoches, LA

#21 Jan 29, 2012
Where is the best place to buy a 100 qt pot around here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Les Miles Fired 2 hr Dirt Blanchard 7
nchs football 5 hr Chief Supporter 24
petula lacour & dodo & worm 7 hr Facts 3
NCHS Football Wins 9 hr NCHS 1
Stines Employees 9 hr rumplestiltskin 4
Maid and cleaning services available 18 hr Piper 10
Three Prisoners Escape DC, on the Run Sun Shame 6

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages