Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Plea Bargains End Controversial Sex Club CasePOSTED: 10:01 am CDT May 20, 2011
TYLER, Texas -- Paperwork is all that stands in the way of freedom for six adults accused of participating in what prosecutors say was a sordid small-town East Texas swinger's club where children as young as 5 were forced to perform sex.

The three men and three women pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of injury to a child in an unexpected end to a three-year investigation.

Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham said the defendants will be released on time served after the Texas Department of Criminal Justice completes their processing.

Three of the defendants previously were sentenced to life in prison, but their convictions were overturned on appeal.

Prosecutors in Smith County said children as young as 5 were fed powerful painkillers they called "silly pills" and forced to perform sex shows for a crowd of adults at a building in Mineola. But there were always questions about the case because of doubts a club like that could operate in a small town like Mineola. The prosecutor in the county at the time wouldn't touch the case. Smith County prosecutors took it because some of the people involved lived there. Bingham said he still believes the defendants deserve life in prison but offered the plea bargain for the sake of the child victims.

State District Judge Jack Skeen imposed sentences after the defendants pleaded guilty to third-degree felony injury to a child and waived their rights to trial and appeal.

Patrick "Booger Red" Kelly, Shauntel Mayo and Jamie Pittman had previously been sentenced to life in prison -- Kelly for aggravated sexual assault of a child, and Mayo and Pittman for organized criminal activity. Mayo and Pittman had their convictions overturned. Only Dennis Pittman, who's appealing his life sentence, didn't reach a deal.
KDL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

"Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham said the defendants will be released on time served after the Texas Department of Criminal Justice completes their processing"
"Bingham said he believes the defendants deserve life in prison but offered the plea bargain for the sake of the child victims"

i say horse @#*&

booger red, shauntel, and jamie should get out of mineola asap
super goofy woman

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

they need to do some time.they should rot in jail.and they shouldn't be allowed to be around no kids because I don't feel like that's right to release them sick puppy dogs they might do it again.
forwhatitsworth

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

SICK??? Nope, not sick, pure EVIL, plain and simple. There is a special level of Hell for these monsters.
obamas

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

White
Matt

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

You know what TRULY evil? Railroading innocent people to prison on bogus sex charges, coaching children to say an imaginary sex ring happened so some prosecutor can make a name for himself. These people only took the plea deal cause they want to get the he'll out of prison. What'll you people say in a few yeas when the alleged victims start coming forward and recanting their testimony. These officials used these kids and THAT is truly disgusting.
forwhatitsworth

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

I'm not commenting on the guilt or innocence of these people. I am stating my opinion of all people who abuse children, whether physically, mentally or sexually. If these folks truly were railroaded, the truth will come out. And for those evil monsters that ARE guilty, I stand by my original statement: There is a special level of Hell reserved for them. And if you think a pedophile can be rehabilitated, and not offend again, check out the statistics. It will make you sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Natchitoches Forum right now

Search the Natchitoches Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 34 min Living Wage 2,651
I heard that some lawyer got beat up at the Marina 48 min Ted 19
Repeal 2nd Amendment 7 hr Wally 304
that thread disappeared like the $ from the bank 8 hr low down rider 42
Drunk Driving (Mar '10) 10 hr Cousin 23
who lives in the double wide behind pentecost c... 10 hr antiredneck 4
Baton Rouge woman arrested after reckless drivi... 11 hr Pulla Ur Legg 1
Fight at the Marina 13 hr Who dat 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Natchitoches Jobs