natchitoches regional medical center
FRIEND

Plainview, TX

#184 May 8, 2008
Get the real story wrote:
<quoted text>All standup people,gerard is a money wizard and keeps the hospital operating well, Mr.Marley is one of the most regimented guys I have ever known, very smart and Mrs Flynn is a very inteligent even tempered VP that is very fair. The job that these three people have is extremely difficult and I doubt that the people that critisize them couldnt even begin to do any of those jobs, The sign of a good administration is how well your service operate in your absence. Mr. Marley is a board member of the Louisiana Hospital Association, and by attending these meetings it give our hospital a great advantage when funding and other things like that come available and keeps us abreast of the ever changing complexity of healthcare. Another very smart move on Marks part and apparently the association must have thought he was an asset too, to vote him on. All of these people should be supported. Oh and by the way, they are human too.
This is all true, but as they do a good job no one is perfect and if it was not for the deligent(sp) effort of the directors as well as the rest of the staff the hospital would not run at all.

But all 3 adm. are great people...
Phil Katz

Abilene, TX

#185 May 9, 2008
FRIEND wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all true, but as they do a good job no one is perfect and if it was not for the deligent(sp) effort of the directors as well as the rest of the staff the hospital would not run at all.
But all 3 adm. are great people...
What are you people smoking? I don't doubt MM and GH are smart but they use their positions to their advantage and waste taxpayers money. You're right they are human too, so why deny they chase women and booze it up? Why not, they're untouchable.
FRIEND

Plainview, TX

#186 May 10, 2008
i dont give a damn what they do with themselves as long as they do their job. there is not one work place that you can go to including a church(no offense) that someone is not sleeping or boozing it up with someone. you are going to have it all over. our TAX MONEY pays for alot more crap than just what they are doing including us hard working people paying for people to be on welfare and produce more kids than they can afford, and not even use the welfare for what they are suppose to. i could go on and on. but we all know where that leads.... TO NOWHERE...... so GET OVER IT AND THEM....
spellcheck jr

Natchitoches, LA

#187 May 10, 2008
I
don't
There
You
Our
a
lot
I
no
where
LRR

Alexandria, LA

#188 May 12, 2008
TJT wrote:
aww we have jokes lol ur funny. joke makes no sense though.
but no nph didnt cast him or tell him to come back, like i said they put an ace bandage on him and said it would heal on its own. we went to another doctor on our own. The whole hospital isnt bad though. i absolutely love the ob staff when i had my son. The ER needs work though...
I recently brought my daughter to the emergency room with an injury to her arm. We went in on Sunday afternoon and we left early Monday morning. They also put her in a brace and sent us home with a sprang to her wrist. My daughter 9years old plays softball and asked if she could play the next night. The doctor told she could. Tuesday afternoon I receive a phone call from our family dr and he informs us she has a broken wrist and we need to take her in for a cast. Needless to say she now has a hot pink cast and I am trying to figure out what I should do or if there is anything I can do. I let my daughter play ball on Monday with the dr's consent and she could have injured herself errantly. Does anyone have advice on this matter?
Freedom

Boise, ID

#189 May 12, 2008
Yeah, use a little common sense, your a parent, do not blame it on the doctor. If you thnk she should not have played, then keep her at home until she is better, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. What is it going to take to get people to pull thier head out of thier A$% and think a little for themselves??
hmm

Natchitoches, LA

#190 May 12, 2008
It must not have been very bad if she was able to play softball with it broken?
Oh Well

Little Rock, AR

#191 May 12, 2008
I know what you are thinking. You are wondering if you have a law suit and if someone here is going to tell you to sue.
YOU LET YOUR DAUGHTER PLAY. Good grief she is only 9 years old. Do you let her do anything she wants to do? IF she had injured herself it would have been YOUR fault for not using good judgement.
This is just another example of a parent letting a child do what she chooses to do even though it is not in the childs best interest or in this case for the childs health.
The only advice you need is in parenting.
Sucky

Natchitoches, LA

#192 May 15, 2008
They need to do something with the nursing staff at that place.

VERY VERY SCARY!

Since: May 08

Natchitoches, LA

#193 May 15, 2008
Everyone has bad days but NRMC has more bad days than they should. My dad had a heart attack and it took the ambulance 25 minutes to find his house that is 10 minutes away, My oldest son broke his collar bone and NRMC said nothing was wrong so we went home when he continued to complain that his shoulder hurt i took him to Shreveport Willius Knighton saw a doctor within 10 minutes of walking in the emergency room and x-rayed within 15 minutes of going back. 2 years later my youngest son was running fever so went to NRMC was told he had a stomach virus went home 2 days later my son woke up with blood in his diaper went to willis knighton. Got told he had spinal miningitus. He got put in ICU for 10 days. I was told if I had waited even 1 more day before bringing him in he propably would have died. I refuse to go to NRMC anymore. Take me for the hour drive to Shreveport any day I would rather die on the ride the walk into NRMC.
Truthful

Natchitoches, LA

#194 May 15, 2008
This is SOOOOOOOOO true. The entire staff there is pathetic!
louisiana woman wrote:
Everyone has bad days but NRMC has more bad days than they should. My dad had a heart attack and it took the ambulance 25 minutes to find his house that is 10 minutes away, My oldest son broke his collar bone and NRMC said nothing was wrong so we went home when he continued to complain that his shoulder hurt i took him to Shreveport Willius Knighton saw a doctor within 10 minutes of walking in the emergency room and x-rayed within 15 minutes of going back. 2 years later my youngest son was running fever so went to NRMC was told he had a stomach virus went home 2 days later my son woke up with blood in his diaper went to willis knighton. Got told he had spinal miningitus. He got put in ICU for 10 days. I was told if I had waited even 1 more day before bringing him in he propably would have died. I refuse to go to NRMC anymore. Take me for the hour drive to Shreveport any day I would rather die on the ride the walk into NRMC.
Nat native

Plainview, TX

#195 May 15, 2008
I have to disagree. The staff at NRMC has correctly and effectively diagnosed several people in my family. In fact, one Dr. in the "holier than thou" Shreveport commented on what a great job the ER at NRMC did on treating one of my family members. I personally have been treated in the ER, Labor and Delivery, and Day Surgery in the last 3 years. EVERY single nurse I had was fantastic!
natchitoches mother

Shreveport, LA

#196 May 15, 2008
Sucky wrote:
They need to do something with the nursing staff at that place.
VERY VERY SCARY!
Before you start berating the nursing staff at NRMC, you better have a good understanding of just what a nurse does! Let's get past all the long hours and free labor while they are in school and move on to the real world of nursing. The nurse is the person who is there with the patients around the clock who answer the call bells, deliver the medicines, answer the phones, do the necessary documentation, call the doctor in the middle of the night when the patient's condition changes or when their pain medication does not take care of the pain, deals with family questions and concerns, changes dressings, assists patients with bedpans, and the list goes on. No, there are not always enough nurses on duty, but in case you have not heard, there is a nation-wide nursing shortage and it is here in Natchitoches and Shreveport and Alexandria. I hate that every patient can't always be "first" to get their medicine or their linens changed, or fresh ice, or their lunch tray, but it just doesn't happen that way. So instead of berating these public servants, why don't you go to nursing school and come join us. In spite of people like you, those of us in the nursing profession get satisfaction at the end of the shift that we did one thing that made a difference in someone's life. We don't always feel that we did everything that we needed to have done that shift, but we did our best. There is nothing easy about hospital nursing and most of us feel that we spend more time at work than with our families. You see, when our shift is "over" we still have to stay and get the documentation done before we leave. So say a prayer for all of the nurses who take care of your loved ones and put up with people like you while they do it. I will say a prayer for you that these nurses that scare you so much don't have to take care of you or your family anytime soon. But if they do, it will be with respect while rendering quality care.

Since: Sep 07

somewhere close, LA

#197 May 15, 2008
I must comment on this...w/in the last two months I had to have surgery and chose NRMC to do it. I must say I got some of the greatest nurses and an awesome Dr. during my stay. I NEVER waited on anything...the nurses were VERY attentive to both myself and my husband. They made sure I had EVERYTHING I WANTED and/or NEEDED! My night nurse made sure my husband had blankets, sheets, and pillows and tried to make him as comfortable as she could. While I was in surgery they made sure to update my family and after surgery the Dr. made sure to answer all of my family's questions and make sure they were comfortable w/all that had been done. I cannot say enough good things about the day surgery staff, the second floor nurses, and my Dr......Dr. Ball. I recieved EXCELLENT care during my stay at NRMC and would go back to them if I had to for anything!
boohoo

Palo Alto, CA

#198 May 16, 2008
BOO HOO

Go F yourself
natchitoches mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you start berating the nursing staff at NRMC, you better have a good understanding of just what a nurse does! Let's get past all the long hours and free labor while they are in school and move on to the real world of nursing. The nurse is the person who is there with the patients around the clock who answer the call bells, deliver the medicines, answer the phones, do the necessary documentation, call the doctor in the middle of the night when the patient's condition changes or when their pain medication does not take care of the pain, deals with family questions and concerns, changes dressings, assists patients with bedpans, and the list goes on. No, there are not always enough nurses on duty, but in case you have not heard, there is a nation-wide nursing shortage and it is here in Natchitoches and Shreveport and Alexandria. I hate that every patient can't always be "first" to get their medicine or their linens changed, or fresh ice, or their lunch tray, but it just doesn't happen that way. So instead of berating these public servants, why don't you go to nursing school and come join us. In spite of people like you, those of us in the nursing profession get satisfaction at the end of the shift that we did one thing that made a difference in someone's life. We don't always feel that we did everything that we needed to have done that shift, but we did our best. There is nothing easy about hospital nursing and most of us feel that we spend more time at work than with our families. You see, when our shift is "over" we still have to stay and get the documentation done before we leave. So say a prayer for all of the nurses who take care of your loved ones and put up with people like you while they do it. I will say a prayer for you that these nurses that scare you so much don't have to take care of you or your family anytime soon. But if they do, it will be with respect while rendering quality care.
natchitoches mother

Shreveport, LA

#199 May 17, 2008
boohoo wrote:
BOO HOO
Go F yourself
<quoted text>
This remark certainly says a lot about your character. I know that your mother is so proud of you. But the fact remains that NURSES everywhere are not given the credit for what they do every day for people like you. We may not like you or the way that you act, but it is the profession that we love. As I recall, Jesus could not please everyone either1
WOW DID I SAY THAT

Shreveport, LA

#200 May 18, 2008
louisiana woman wrote:
fIRST OF ALL IF YOU ARE GOING TO TELL A STORY TELL THE COMPLETE ONE. iT DIDNT TAKE THE AMBULANCE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES TO FIND A HOUSE TEN MINUTES AWAY IF YOU GAVE THE RIGHT INFO, IF YOUR HOUSE IS MARKED CORRECTLY WITH YOUR ADDRESS NUMBERS AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY RESPONDED FROM MAYBE THEY WERE ON ANOTHER DETAIL, MAYBE EVEN A TRUE EMERGENCY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU SURE HAVE BAD LUCK IN YOUR HOUSE WITH BLOODY DIAPERS IN YOUR BABIES DIAPER, MAYBE EVEN SOME MUNCHOUSEN BIPROXY, AND SOUNDS LIKE YOU MUST HAVE SOME FAITH IN THE HOSPITAL TO CONTINUE TO GO THERE AFTER SO MANY NEAR DEATH MISSES. THE TRUTH KNOWN YOU PROBABLY NEED TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR OWN FAMILY SO YOU DONT HAVE SO MANY NEAR TRAGEDIES AND MAYBE YOU NEED TO STOP WHINING AND GO TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL AS I AM SURE THEY WOULDNT CARE SINCE YOU PROBABLY OWE THEM LOTS OF MONEY ANYWAY.
WOW DID I SAY THAT

Shreveport, LA

#201 May 18, 2008
Truthful wrote:
This is SOOOOOOOOO true. The entire staff there is pathetic!
<quoted text>
ILL BET YOUR A RAY OF SUNSHINE AT YOUR PLACE OF BUISNESS, I'LL BET EVRYONE THINKS YOUR THE BEST WORKER THAT EVER LIVED, OH, THATS IF YOU EVEN HAVE A JOB YOU MORON.
WOW DID I SAY THAT

Shreveport, LA

#202 May 18, 2008
boohoo wrote:
BOO HOO
Go F yourself
<quoted text>
WOW, NOW THERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF AN EDUCATED COME BACK.

Since: May 08

Natchitoches, LA

#203 May 19, 2008
WOW DID I SAY THAT wrote:
<quoted text>fIRST OF ALL IF YOU ARE GOING TO TELL A STORY TELL THE COMPLETE ONE. iT DIDNT TAKE THE AMBULANCE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES TO FIND A HOUSE TEN MINUTES AWAY IF YOU GAVE THE RIGHT INFO, IF YOUR HOUSE IS MARKED CORRECTLY WITH YOUR ADDRESS NUMBERS AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY RESPONDED FROM MAYBE THEY WERE ON ANOTHER DETAIL, MAYBE EVEN A TRUE EMERGENCY. SOUNDS LIKE YOU SURE HAVE BAD LUCK IN YOUR HOUSE WITH BLOODY DIAPERS IN YOUR BABIES DIAPER, MAYBE EVEN SOME MUNCHOUSEN BIPROXY, AND SOUNDS LIKE YOU MUST HAVE SOME FAITH IN THE HOSPITAL TO CONTINUE TO GO THERE AFTER SO MANY NEAR DEATH MISSES. THE TRUTH KNOWN YOU PROBABLY NEED TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR OWN FAMILY SO YOU DONT HAVE SO MANY NEAR TRAGEDIES AND MAYBE YOU NEED TO STOP WHINING AND GO TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL AS I AM SURE THEY WOULDNT CARE SINCE YOU PROBABLY OWE THEM LOTS OF MONEY ANYWAY.
Honey know our sh*t before saying anything my father died on that night. I am not saying it is completly the ambulance fault that he died. He drank and smoked for mos of his adult life but it should not have taken them that long to find the house and yes they were given the correct info. You don't know me so don't even try to tell me to take better care of my family. I take good care of mine can you say the same? I owe no one money for your info I take care of mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
River Bank Church 1 min Southern Man 223
Gay marriage 8 min Southern Man 7
President Obama is on a Roll 8 hr Dixie 90
Who all got arrested in robeline area in the bu... 8 hr Rev Al 39
Tyrone Phillips 9 hr Tyrone 8
Kanika Johnson"tootie" 13 hr Malcolm 7
the gaze 14 hr Sir Hammerlock 9
More from around the web

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE