natchitoches regional medical center

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
RedDevil

AOL

#1 Dec 12, 2006
I am just curious...are the people of Natchitoches Parish pleased with NRMC? I am appalled at what goes on there...I think the media should be involved in some of the goings on at this fine institution. I hear there is an obvious misuse of funds by the executives also.
Bette

AOL

#2 Dec 14, 2006
Obviously the people of Natch. don't care - and that's what the hospital is counting on. No one cares until it's their loved one that has to go there.
anonymous

United States

#3 Jan 5, 2007
RedDevil wrote:
I am just curious...are the people of Natchitoches Parish pleased with NRMC? I am appalled at what goes on there...I think the media should be involved in some of the goings on at this fine institution. I hear there is an obvious misuse of funds by the executives also.
Do you know this for a fact? Where did you get your information? Gossip is not fact.
Buddy

AOL

#4 Jan 10, 2007
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know this for a fact? Where did you get your information? Gossip is not fact.
And where would it get us if it is fact?
bagger

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 30, 2007
Natchitoches Hospital did an alright job when my dad was in there. The doctors of Natchitoches leave a lot to be desired. Let me put it like this, They Suck.
We transfered my dad to Shreveport after they told him in Natchitoches we should get use to a world without him in it. They threw their hands in the air and never once said we should move him.
We thought we should. He didn't make it even in Shreveport but at least they tried and they gave him a few more weeks to get his smile back and enjoy the last few days he had.
RayRay

AOL

#6 Mar 20, 2007
bagger wrote:
Natchitoches Hospital did an alright job when my dad was in there. The doctors of Natchitoches leave a lot to be desired. Let me put it like this, They Suck.
We transfered my dad to Shreveport after they told him in Natchitoches we should get use to a world without him in it. They threw their hands in the air and never once said we should move him.
We thought we should. He didn't make it even in Shreveport but at least they tried and they gave him a few more weeks to get his smile back and enjoy the last few days he had.
Wow this is really intresting but really sad for the families part... I tell you I ran into a Dr there, I was a by stander there with a friend when I saw him tell a family there son had died. I mean this was unreal how sorry he did this. I thought that mother was going to have a heart attack. I beleive I would have had to file suit on them. But, I heard that particular Dr isnt allowed there anymore. But I read your story and I thought about that particular day. Sorry you had to go through that. But glad that you did move your father. And that you got to spend a little while longer with him.
TJT

Natchitoches, LA

#7 May 12, 2007
My fiance broke his ankle and we took him to NPH. They wrapped it in an ace bandage, put it in a cheap flimsy brace, gave him 2 tylenol and told us to go home it would heal on its own. First thing monday morning we went to a REAL doctor. He took one look at the xrays and sent him to LSU. As soon as LSU saw the xrays they immediatley wanted to do surgery and put 3 screws in his ankle and he was in the hospital for 2 days. Yeah...they are REAL good at NPH.
MsG

AOL

#8 May 28, 2007
I know of 3 teenagers recently in an automobile accident, not including the driver of the other car, two were transferred to the NPH in ambulance , the other left standing filling out a police report, and they said he refused help. NOT!! He did catch a ride to the hospital, with a big contusion on side of his head, yet was not offered to be looked at or treated until they had time. They were really rude to this young man. They repeatedly said he refused help. Maybe that was a good thing considering the damage they usually do to most people. The other two were xrayed , and sent home , pretty banged up, could have used a stitch or two or even a butterfly bandage, didn't happen. The only decent people in the emergency area were the ambulance drivers and the xray technicans. It's sad , the patients are treated like problems that are in the way. What I mean is they want the titles of doctors and nurses but don't want to have the patients. Not all are bad ,but the ones who are , are really hurting NPH as far as making a bad name for the hospital. If your truly not interested in helping people and showing a little concern, please don't pick a job in the medical field.
riverlady

Seaside, CA

#10 May 29, 2007
I've been a patient at NRMC and found the nurses and my physician to be extremely professional and kind. I've also been a patient at five other hospitals, and I know there's good and bad in all of them.
I do know that the staff work very hard, and it is not easy being a nurse or other employee at a hospital. Would you do it?
Lucky

AOL

#11 May 29, 2007
MsG wrote:
I know of 3 teenagers recently in an automobile accident, not including the driver of the other car, two were transferred to the NPH in ambulance , the other left standing filling out a police report, and they said he refused help. NOT!! He did catch a ride to the hospital, with a big contusion on side of his head, yet was not offered to be looked at or treated until they had time. They were really rude to this young man. They repeatedly said he refused help. Maybe that was a good thing considering the damage they usually do to most people. The other two were xrayed , and sent home , pretty banged up, could have used a stitch or two or even a butterfly bandage, didn't happen. The only decent people in the emergency area were the ambulance drivers and the xray technicans. It's sad , the patients are treated like problems that are in the way. What I mean is they want the titles of doctors and nurses but don't want to have the patients. Not all are bad ,but the ones who are , are really hurting NPH as far as making a bad name for the hospital. If your truly not interested in helping people and showing a little concern, please don't pick a job in the medical field.
I have to solely agree with you on this post! I was there with a friend about 18 months ago and that was a diaster. Tho the nurses was very very nice. That dr had to be the rudest person I ever saw. Herd he wasnt allowed back. Thank goodness for that!
You hit this one just right! Good job!
Concerned

Natchitoches, LA

#12 May 29, 2007
TJT wrote:
My fiance broke his ankle and we took him to NPH. They wrapped it in an ace bandage, put it in a cheap flimsy brace, gave him 2 tylenol and told us to go home it would heal on its own. First thing monday morning we went to a REAL doctor. He took one look at the xrays and sent him to LSU. As soon as LSU saw the xrays they immediatley wanted to do surgery and put 3 screws in his ankle and he was in the hospital for 2 days. Yeah...they are REAL good at NPH.
Well unfourtunately for him, he can only do what the orthopedic physician tells him to do, and if that is cast and follow up in his office that is what they do, it isn't per se the hospital.
What Wait a minute

Natchitoches, LA

#13 May 29, 2007
MsG wrote:
Ok, now I first have to see, did he sign in to be seen? When the paramedics and firefighters spoke to him did he refuse or accept treatment? If he signed in at the hospital to be seen was he checked by the nurse? See there is alot more questions to be raised here other than they refused to see him (they are required by law to assess patients coming in requesting assistance), Emergent patients get treated before non-emergent (not referring to anything specifically), but in the event of people with urgent breathing, heart, strokes, or anything that is life-threatning at the time must be seen 1st. Emergent is next, for those that need to be seen in a timely fashion but are not life-threatning, and then non-emergent are general colds and ilnesses, small cuts that are not bleeding etc. Now was this young man, in any severe pain, was he having problems breathing, passing out, dizzy, did he get knocked out in the wreck, any broken bones if so he should have been seen quickly. As you indicate in your post he didn't get seen? Did he leave? Is his alive right now? Was there anything wrong with him?
helping hand

United States

#14 May 29, 2007
TJT wrote:
Should have fed him some of those crawfish it would have cured him right away.
TJT

Natchitoches, LA

#15 Jun 2, 2007
aww we have jokes lol ur funny. joke makes no sense though.

but no nph didnt cast him or tell him to come back, like i said they put an ace bandage on him and said it would heal on its own. we went to another doctor on our own. The whole hospital isnt bad though. i absolutely love the ob staff when i had my son. The ER needs work though...

Since: May 07

Amarillo, TX

#16 Jun 4, 2007
All I know is the fastest way to get seen at NRMC is to call an ambulance and b transported to the back door. Otherwise you will sit in the waiting room for hours.
Concerned citizen

Sweetwater, TX

#17 Jun 4, 2007
COUNTRYBOY wrote:
All I know is the fastest way to get seen at NRMC is to call an ambulance and b transported to the back door. Otherwise you will sit in the waiting room for hours.
And you will either get stuck with a hefty ambulance bill, or if you are on government assistance, you will stick the tax-payers with YOUR charges. Not very smart. Also, if the call is not a true emergency, and you are on Medicare or Medicaid, you may be given a notice that you will be responsible for the payment.
jay

Atlanta, GA

#18 Jun 4, 2007
You get in a room before everybody else but they let you sit in there for hours and hours. Do you pay by the hour and they just run up the tab?
I don't like the place but what would we do without it?

Why do the doctors tell you to go to the er instead of telling you to come to the office and let me see what's wrong? Are they getting a kick back? I got it I got it.. they can charge more if they see you in the er?

There is a well known doctor in this town that cussed a little old lady one day because she was in the er. She had fallen in her house in the summer and spend an evening, night and all the next day on the floor. She didn't have a/c, no drink, no food, no bathroom, and it was 100 degrees outside that day. This dr, well call him dr K so we don't have to call him by his name says, "what's this old bi tch doing in here? she needs to see her family dr tomorrow." I was so shocked to hear that.
Then again it's NPH what do you expect
What a trip

San Angelo, TX

#19 Jun 6, 2007
To shorten this post, I'll be very brief. Went to see doctor. Doctor said I need chesk x-ray, completed form and said go to NRMC radiology department. Go to NRMC main desk and ask for directions to radiology. Clerk asks do you need x-ray? Yes. Clerk says fill out form and have a seat and you will be called. Fill out form and wait for 42 minutes. Name called and directed to Admissions clerk. Tell clerk, I'm not here to be admitted, just get x-ray. Clerk says this is the system, we need information from you. Information, such as: do you have insurance, yes. are you employed, yes. where, full or part-time, what is your position, phone number and address of employer. are you married, if yes, is spouse employed, where, full or part-time, what is his/her position. home phone number, home address, mailing address. and on and on and on. 27 minutes later, clerk said that's all we need, go to radiology. Go to radiology. No one in waiting area, but three women bsing in office. Finally, woman acknowledges me and asks if she can help me. Give her form from doctor. She said have a seat and you will be called. Wait 13 minutes and am called by male x-ray tech, in meantime, no one has entered or left the x-ray area. First, he can't find small size gown, after he found a gown, then said there's the dressing room, take off your shirt and bra, put on the gown and wait in the hall, I'll call you. Wait in hall for almost five minutes. Called by x-ray tech. Two x-rays take about four minutes. Bottom line, one hour and 31 minutes to get two chest x-rays. Never again will I use NRMC for anything, unless it's a life or death situation and I have no say so in the matter.
SHAME ON YOU

Natchitoches, LA

#20 Jun 9, 2007
COUNTRYBOY wrote:
If you think that then you are sadly mistaken, if you are not having an true emergency, and believe me those guys know what they are doing, then you will most likely go to see a triage nurse and then wait to be seen. You will not go before a true emergency and if you plan on tying up ambulance preventing it to respond to someone in dire need, such as a real heart attack, or cardiac arrest, and you call because you have had a cold for a week and have not made any attempt to see a doctor or take anything from it, SHAME ON YOU! I hope it's not you family member that needs an ambulance while you are tying one up. Shreveport fire dept can refuse to transport you in the event they believe it is not an emergency and they all have the diagnostic tools to figure that one out and experience to boot.
Facts before blaming

Natchitoches, LA

#21 Jun 9, 2007
jay wrote:
You get in a room before everybody else but they let you sit in there for hours and hours. Do you pay by the hour and they just run up the tab?
I don't like the place but what would we do without it?
Why do the doctors tell you to go to the er instead of telling you to come to the office and let me see what's wrong? Are they getting a kick back? I got it I got it.. they can charge more if they see you in the er?
There is a well known doctor in this town that cussed a little old lady one day because she was in the er. She had fallen in her house in the summer and spend an evening, night and all the next day on the floor. She didn't have a/c, no drink, no food, no bathroom, and it was 100 degrees outside that day. This dr, well call him dr K so we don't have to call him by his name says, "what's this old bi tch doing in here? she needs to see her family dr tomorrow." I was so shocked to hear that.
Then again it's NPH what do you expect
Doctors typically send a patient to the emergency room either because they are unable to see a patient in their office due to not having any openings, or if it would require further labs x-rays etc then it would probably in an urgent manner be better served by being seen in the er.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Stacy Payne? (Jan '12) 3 hr UR Fake 6
Why do black people go to Chilis to celebrate a... (Oct '16) 4 hr Pass 14
Bone back in jail!! CTFU (Sep '16) 11 hr thugs n harmony 13
Statues 11 hr polabo 2
Destiny 15 hr high5 14
Haunted places/Ghost sightings (May '13) 15 hr Kelly 47
Confederate Statue 16 hr Tugboat 9

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance