flabbergasted

Natchitoches, LA

#61 Nov 15, 2011
KIMBERLY SAMPSON wrote:
5. "Love your neighbor as yourself"
Isnít that what Coach Sandusky is accused of?
Former employee

United States

#62 Nov 15, 2011
So if he wasn't fired, then what happened? If he quit, then he isn't as resilient as you say.
OMG

United States

#63 Nov 16, 2011
KIMBERLY SAMPSON wrote:
1. I'm using my real name, not an anonymous one. So feel more than free to respond.
2. My father wasn't fired.
3. These comments are very disturbing to read. I pray that you will put this much passion, time, and energy into improving your own schools and families.
4. My father is my greatest role model. For 27 years, I have witnessed nothing but hard work and resilience from him. No matter the negativity or harsh words and actions, he will always be a great man who strives for bettering education.
You are correct! He was not fired, he quit! After destroying LHS he has moved on to Baton Rouge to another school. He will destroy that school also. In fact, his entire faculty in Baton Rouge was planning a sick out to protest his administrative style. The LHS job is the only job he has held without getting fired!!!!
OMG

United States

#64 Nov 16, 2011
flabbergasted wrote:
<quoted text>
Isnít that what Coach Sandusky is accused of?
Maybe this why his wife will not let him out of her sight. He has history!!!!
recaj

Baker, LA

#65 Nov 16, 2011
well.... now Valley Park should be put on notice because thats where he has been placed.. yep he is now at the alternative school so I guess he should thrive there...
It matters

Baton Rouge, LA

#66 Nov 16, 2011
Okay daughter, but let this situation be an indirect "teachable moment" from your father, i.e., hopefully you have learned now that you cannot treat people the way your father obviously did,(because otherwise these comments wouldn't be so "disturbing" and the staff he found there would still be there!)and hope to achieve any kind of positive reaction or compliance with (as you and a couple of others claim)a better educational system. Despite the negative comments, I seriously doubt that people want bad things for your father, but it is clear that people DO NOT want him at GOSH.
you are kind of right

Rayville, LA

#67 Nov 17, 2011
KIMBERLY SAMPSON wrote:
1. I'm using my real name, not an anonymous one. So feel more than free to respond.
3. These comments are very disturbing to read. I pray that you will put this much passion, time, and energy into improving your own schools and families.
4. My father is my greatest role model. For 27 years, I have witnessed nothing but hard work and resilience from him. No matter the negativity or harsh words and actions, he will always be a great man who strives for bettering education.
Kimberly,
You are right on the fact that your father works hard, I will not deny that. In the little over a year that I knew him, I never saw a second of the day that he was not busy doing something.

But, that does not excuse his complete lack of respect in the way he handles people.

He CONSTANTLY belittled and berated people who worked for him. There were times that I thought he was a good man.

I do think he had the right goal in mind, but does not have the right vehicle to reach that goal.

Until he realizes that everyday in life you are still dealing with human being with feelings and thoughts, he will continue to fail as an administrator.
OMGtoo

Baton Rouge, LA

#68 Nov 18, 2011
Well I read the article in the Baton Rouge Advocate and it said he was transferred not fired..and I hope he get a lawyer and sues you sorry pieces of shit!!! And I also heard from someone down south that all you teachers at the school will be fired in January, so best wishes on you sorry teachers to find another job, but really your careers are over!!! So so long faculty, so did yourselves a great favor to the children of Baton Rouge. Kim S. please dont comment to these ignorant folks and continue to look up to your father, God will reward him in the end and we will see the others go down. Real talk!!!
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct! He was not fired, he quit! After destroying LHS he has moved on to Baton Rouge to another school. He will destroy that school also. In fact, his entire faculty in Baton Rouge was planning a sick out to protest his administrative style. The LHS job is the only job he has held without getting fired!!!!
slick

United States

#69 Nov 19, 2011
OMGtoo wrote:
Well I read the article in the Baton Rouge Advocate and it said he was transferred not fired..and I hope he get a lawyer and sues you sorry pieces of shit!!! And I also heard from someone down south that all you teachers at the school will be fired in January, so best wishes on you sorry teachers to find another job, but really your careers are over!!! So so long faculty, so did yourselves a great favor to the children of Baton Rouge. Kim S. please dont comment to these ignorant folks and continue to look up to your father, God will reward him in the end and we will see the others go down. Real talk!!!
<quoted text>
You hope he get a laywer ? for what , his a## is getting what he deserves !!
DRTD LOVER

Bossier City, LA

#70 Nov 19, 2011
OMGtoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks as though you are the one in complete need of a good teacher. Your grammar is terrible!
ozzy

Natchitoches, LA

#71 Nov 25, 2011
I would never wish anything bad for Sampson or his family, but I certainly hope he learns something from this experience. He was incredibly difficult to work for if you were not one of his "yes-men," and once you did something he didn't agree with, it was nearly impossible to get back in his good graces. He had great ideas but his implementation methods were completely off. If a teacher or faculty member had a great idea to improve the school or a creative project for their class, they had to be willing to let him take all the credit or he would shoot it down. He micromanaged some teachers and let others get away with anything, and the general opinion among the teachers was that race was a factor in his disciplinary decisions. Under his reign, teachers were united by a common hatred of his policies and practices, and teacher turnover was ridiculously high.
Like I said, I hope he learns something about working with people and is able to make the necessary changes to become a successful leader at his next school.
Blind leading the blind

United States

#72 Nov 29, 2011
What is disturbing about this is that Natchotoches is the only system where Sampson was not fired! What does this say about the leadership of our system? When you consider the total lack of qualifications of our principles in this system it is shameful. Educators who can't make it anywhere else end up here.(I.e. Duke, sampson, principal of cloutierville, duboise, Thomas to name a few). Then when you consider the inept others like benefield, sanders, Braden, the principal of weaver who a moron, there's no wonder johnny can't read; neither can the principals.
Sara

Gonzales, LA

#73 Mar 5, 2012
Before all of you got him - we had him in Ascension Parish - Gonzales Middle School Asst. Principal - what a mess he was!!!! Tried to rule everything - and was horrible to teachers he did not so-call "like"!!! I stayed through his mess - but I disliked this man so very much!! He was unfair and unjust -to students and teachers alike! So glad he left! Sorry others had to endure the pain of the JERK!!!!
Sara

Gonzales, LA

#74 Mar 5, 2012
ozzy wrote:
I would never wish anything bad for Sampson or his family, but I certainly hope he learns something from this experience. He was incredibly difficult to work for if you were not one of his "yes-men," and once you did something he didn't agree with, it was nearly impossible to get back in his good graces. He had great ideas but his implementation methods were completely off. If a teacher or faculty member had a great idea to improve the school or a creative project for their class, they had to be willing to let him take all the credit or he would shoot it down. He micromanaged some teachers and let others get away with anything, and the general opinion among the teachers was that race was a factor in his disciplinary decisions. Under his reign, teachers were united by a common hatred of his policies and practices, and teacher turnover was ridiculously high.
Like I said, I hope he learns something about working with people and is able to make the necessary changes to become a successful leader at his next school.
This is so well spoken!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
Sherman

Hollywood, FL

#75 Mar 6, 2012
People like Sampson never learn. He was a known failure before he was hired at Lakeview. It wasn't as if Brooks and Murphy didn't know his reputation. They manipulated the hiring process and brought him in after the deadline. When questioned about this they suddenly couldn't find the original applicants list! The essay part of the interview asked "if you were the principal of LHS what improvements would you make?". I wrote 71/2 14" pages of suggestions. Somehow he wound up with my ideas. He was so incompetent that he couldn't succeed even when given a blueprint for improvement. Murphy laughed in my face when he first took the principalship! Well Dr. Murphy, whose laughing now? He who laughs last, laughs best!!!
dontknow

Baton Rouge, LA

#76 May 1, 2012
Yes, I have also heard that he has history and his wife will not let him out of her sight! From what I understand, daughter, you are worse than him. Your name has gone around as a very easy woman who can not keep her legs closed. You learned that from your father, just do not learn leadership skills from him.
dontknow

Baton Rouge, LA

#77 May 1, 2012
KIMBERLY SAMPSON wrote:
Yes, I have also heard that he has history and his wife will not let him out of her sight! From what I understand, daughter, you r worse than him. Family of pervs! You are loving all your neighbors. You learned that from your father, just do not learn leadership skills from him.
SAINTS504

United States

#78 May 1, 2012
dontknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have also heard that he has history and his wife will not let him out of her sight! From what I understand, daughter, you r worse than him. Family of pervs! You are loving all your neighbors. You learned that from your father, just do not learn leadership skills from him.
This is wrong. Im sure he raised respectful children
payback

Baker, LA

#79 Jul 1, 2012
ok reader it has started again here in Baton Rouge. Please furnish me with all the information you can on Shirl Gilbert he is harassment difference folks on there jobs because he thinks at the moment he is the man. It is a shame that EBR do not look into these guy pass to see how they have work with other folks before giving them leadership jobs. Pending filing lawsuit against him and EBR just gathering all my information.
Payback

Baker, LA

#80 Aug 29, 2012
Shirl Gilbert is destroying what is left of EBR. Just watch and see how many schools are taken this year due to his knnow it all approach. Until he is removed and major changes are made in the HR department it just a matter of time that EBR will be no longer. Sometime you have to face some of the things you. Ms.Millie and Pero is destroying this system helping only folks that they like no one watches their actions this is horrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You want the affairs to go public? OK! 4 min Toilet 12
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 29 min Stupid Democrats 4,538
Dumb girls 1 hr Mandingo 6
State Police 1 hr revenuer 20
Jameica Bernestine 3 hr west side story 4
What happened to Probation & Parole Topix (Aug '12) 6 hr Insider 213
2 faced superintendent 7 hr FREEDOM WILL RING 46
Natchitoches Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:41 pm PST

ESPN 3:41PM
Saints owner Benson being sued by family
NBC Sports 8:52 PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:41 AM
Mickey Loomis: Saints letting Junior Galette case run its course before taking any action
NBC Sports 5:04 AM
Saints players shocked by team's ownership squabble
NBC Sports 7:42 AM
Jimmy Graham: Pro Bowl will help dictate if he needs surgery