CITIZEN

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I WATCHED A GREAT TV SHOW LAST NITE ON HISTORY CHANNEL ABOUT BIG CAT SIGHTINGS. JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE HERE HAS SEEN A PUMA, COUGAR, PANTHER, ETC IN THE WILDS OF NORTH/CENTRAL LOUISIANA?
Edd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I haven't seen any big cats. I would not be surprised if I do, I've heard too many stories about them around here. There were stories years ago about cats in the Bellwood area. I'm still concentrating on bigfoot. Gotta go wood knock some trees and do some screaming later tonight, see ya.
Eyes on Natchitoches

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I understand two-legged New Black Panthers were seen at Jenna.....
btway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

This is interesting. I just wonder if anyone around here has seen any big cats etc. Had read in that Natchitoches Parish magazine that in the past folks have seen some.
lol11

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Yeah, the big cats can be seen along Texas Street every night. Dealing, dealing and dealing.
LCG

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

lol11 wrote:
Yeah, the big cats can be seen along Texas Street every night. Dealing, dealing and dealing.

Would you consider those Wildcats?
More of

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Most likely Wampus Cats.
Eyes on Natchitoches

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Everynow and then you see an NSU guy looking for a cougar on this forum.
LCG

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I like cougars myself, now that's a wild cat
zak

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I was attacked by a couger a few months back. I love couger hunting.
Natchick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Ok, seriously...there are panthers out there that are pretty big - and they're not what you think they would look like. Saw a picture earlier this year a friends husband got from his motion camera at his deer stand. The color and shape reminded me of a cougar - tan and muscular and it was big. It looked nothing like the small black panthers I've seen before - they're not very intimidating unless you hear them screaming at night!
CITIZEN

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

THANKS NATCHICK FOR BRINGING THIS TOPIC BACK TO EARF. YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ANYMORE WITHOUT SOMEONE GETTING DIRTY. AND I'M SORRY BUT THAT JUST MAKES ME SICK. BY THE WAY, I SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PICTURE OF THAT CAT.
OICU812

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I know this will set off a lot of people who believe they have seen one of these black cats. I have heard numerous stories for years , being from the country myself. Here is the deal, until VERY recently the last CONFIRMED sighting of a cougar, or puma (actually, Florida Panther is the species)in Louisiana was in the late 1960's. This animal was run over and killed, after inspection it was believed to have been a captive animal at one time. Due to the animal being listed as endangered and with relocation projects it is very likely that "sightings" now are more substantiated.
Here is what is going to throw this site into a frenzy of rumors and heresay. THE FLORIDA PANTHER DOES NOT,CANNOT, WILL NOT, COME IN BLACK! There are no panthers, pumas, cougars, catamounts,etc that are black. Leopards and jaguars do have black phases, but are not found here at all.I know many think they have seen "a big black cat, with a tail that was as long as he was". I know your uncle, grandpa, best friend or whatever has seen one, and "you ought to here it scream", have heard those stories all my life. There is a chance that you may have seen a panther, but sorry it wasnt black. It may look like it from far away and the human mind is hard to convince of things that have been ingrained for many years. But if anyone would do a little research, you would find these facts to be true.
shipmate

Rat Burana, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

Several years ago I lived in Natchitoches and drove to Leesville daily for work. Two morning in a row I saw a large tan panther like cat cross the road in the same place between Coldwater (never liked the name Hagewood)and Provencal. It looked just like the one described in post 11. It crossed the road just north of the Broadwater place where there was a new stand of pine trees at the time. They are out there or at least there was one fifteen years or so ago.
trailertrash

Patterson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

OICU812 wrote:
I know this will set off a lot of people who believe they have seen one of these black cats. I have heard numerous stories for years , being from the country myself. Here is the deal, until VERY recently the last CONFIRMED sighting of a cougar, or puma (actually, Florida Panther is the species)in Louisiana was in the late 1960's. This animal was run over and killed, after inspection it was believed to have been a captive animal at one time. Due to the animal being listed as endangered and with relocation projects it is very likely that "sightings" now are more substantiated.
Here is what is going to throw this site into a frenzy of rumors and heresay. THE FLORIDA PANTHER DOES NOT,CANNOT, WILL NOT, COME IN BLACK! There are no panthers, pumas, cougars, catamounts,etc that are black. Leopards and jaguars do have black phases, but are not found here at all.I know many think they have seen "a big black cat, with a tail that was as long as he was". I know your uncle, grandpa, best friend or whatever has seen one, and "you ought to here it scream", have heard those stories all my life. There is a chance that you may have seen a panther, but sorry it wasnt black. It may look like it from far away and the human mind is hard to convince of things that have been ingrained for many years. But if anyone would do a little research, you would find these facts to be true.
well the one my ex girlfriend shot and killed sure was black , right there in flora louisiana so explain that and it was about 8 years ago friend they are real it is just by chance one is seen just like the timberwolves in minnesota, there are people who live there whole live up there and never see one in the wild
nowIknow

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

So that's what happened to my black cat. I wondered for years why it disappeared
OICU812

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

Well then, post a picture of it!! Run it in the newspaper. I am sure the game wardens would over look the fact THAT YOU KILLED AN ENDANGERED SPECIES and be real interested in finally seeing an elusive black panther!
trailertrash

Patterson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

first of i didnt kill it my ex did it was getting after her colt second off im not an idiot to broadcast it in the news paper and third i dont have to prove anything to anyone we know what happened that night and we know because we were there , and i personally have talked to a game warden at his residence about the incedent and it was resolved so if you want to beleive me then fine if not thats fine to but dont sit there and patronize me for speaking of a personal experience cause you dont know me , and you need not pretend like you do
nowiknow

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

I suppose your choice of a posting name explains everything.
trailertrash

Patterson, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

nowiknow wrote:
I suppose your choice of a posting name explains everything.
sorry you dont like my name thats too bad cause i dont give arats ass what you think or like , by the way your mom and daughter likes it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Natchitoches Forum right now

Search the Natchitoches Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jim Croce 1973 (Sep '08) 31 min Jawbreaker424 849
Joseph Besant aka Monsta 1 hr Missy 1
NRMC Felecia osh potatoe Sowell 3 hr Red Velvet 4
tevin joesph 6 hr Well then 2
Repeal 2nd Amendment 6 hr Uncle Sam 128
Child support 6 hr wonder 4
water slide rental (Apr '09) 6 hr Funny 15
•••
•••