Tiny Tots daycare loses license for n...

Tiny Tots daycare loses license for negligence

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Toledo, OH

#1 Aug 12, 2011
Any comments?
rat man

United States

#2 Aug 13, 2011
Hooray no license
rat man

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Hippity doo dah doo day. Lost license hah hah
Umm

Detroit, MI

#4 Aug 13, 2011
The news said they were cited for violations it was the Shreveport one that lost the license
readthesign

Natchitoches, LA

#5 Aug 14, 2011
Umm wrote:
The news said they were cited for violations it was the Shreveport one that lost the license
I read the sign on the door license was taken august 11
wondering

United States

#6 Aug 14, 2011
The sign says notice of intent to revoke.
JW Thomas

United States

#7 Aug 14, 2011
Alexandria Times says that if they can prove that they obeyed the rules then they would stay open. It also stated that they had been cited before. If you were cited before why wouldnt you be up to standards now. So silly....
wondering

United States

#8 Aug 14, 2011
She thinks she's untouchable that's why.
Outside of Gold Limits

United States

#9 Aug 14, 2011
What were the violations that they were cited for? Was it made public?
wondering

United States

#10 Aug 15, 2011
Yea. Look on ksla website.
haha

Shreveport, LA

#11 Aug 15, 2011
well, seeing as many people are into gossip and not findin out the truth about things if I were these little people spreading lies (to the news anaround the town) I would hang my head low. Everything is going to come out in time. Another thing they were not cited before for the same thing so how about you find out EVERYTHING before you open your mouth. This is all because three little prissy girls got mad and started lies. That's why they can't hold jobs. And they know who they are
notsofast

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2011
haha wrote:
well, seeing as many people are into gossip and not findin out the truth about things if I were these little people spreading lies (to the news anaround the town) I would hang my head low. Everything is going to come out in time. Another thing they were not cited before for the same thing so how about you find out EVERYTHING before you open your mouth. This is all because three little prissy girls got mad and started lies. That's why they can't hold jobs. And they know who they are
No unfortunately everything will not simply "come out in time"! If the daycare has violations then the parents have a right to know exactly what is going on! Of course rumors and accusations can hurt a business but if they are on danger of being shut down then there must be some real problems!!

This is not a clothing store or a restaurant, this is a place we entrust with our precious children. If there are problems, people have a right to know what they are!!
Auntie

Natchitoches, LA

#13 Aug 15, 2011
The issue at hand should be resolved quickly. We do not put people in court on trial again after they have proved their innocents neither should tiny tots. Parents are notified and the state issued a statement I am sorry that you the public don't know the details bu u won't because for the sake for little ones involved and not involved you won't so deal with it
notsofast

United States

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Auntie wrote:
The issue at hand should be resolved quickly. We do not put people in court on trial again after they have proved their innocents neither should tiny tots. Parents are notified and the state issued a statement I am sorry that you the public don't know the details bu u won't because for the sake for little ones involved and not involved you won't so deal with it
Yes I will deal with the same way most sane people should deal with it, by keeping my kids FAR AWAY from this establishment!
wondering

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2011
Read article. It says dcfs said.. Not on a tip.
Article on KSLA

Bossier City, LA

#16 Aug 16, 2011
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA)- The Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) has revoked the license of a Shreveport day care.

DCFS issued a child care revocation notice to God's Gift Child Care and Learning Center on Friday, citing violations of child care standards involving safety. According to DCFS, those violations include failing to conduct criminal records checks for all paid and non-paid staff prior to employment. In a ten month period, God's Gift Child Care and Learning Center was cited on four occasions for failing to conduct criminal background checks prior to the employment of anywhere from two to six staff persons each time.

Other deficiencies cited at God's Gift Child Care and Learning Center in the last six months include failure to maintain appropriate child to staff ratios in the center, failure to conduct proper visual checks of vehicles used by the center to transport children and failure to maintain proper transportation logs.

Tiny Tots Day Care Pre-School in Natchitoches also was cited in violation of Child Day Care Class A minimum standards for failing to protect the rights of children and failing to keep children safe from harm or abuse.

Tiny Tots Day Care Pre-School also was cited in violation of Child Day Care Class A minimum standards for failing to protect the rights of children and failing to keep children safe from harm or abuse.

"DCFS does not take lightly violations of regulations put in place to ensure the safety and security of children in the care of facilities licensed and inspected by our agency," said DCFS Secretary Ruth Johnson. "In each of these cases the violations are considered serious, repeated or numerous, putting the safety of children at great risk."

Both centers were notified of their right to contest the decision by submitting a written request for a fair hearing before an administrative law judge within 15 days of receipt of the notice and citing specific reasons why the facility believes the Department's decision was reached in error.

DCFS also terminated immediately the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), which provides funding to the center to help low-income families pay for child care, for Tiny Tots Day Care Pre-School due to the nature and seriousness of the violation. CCAP benefits for God's Gift Child Care and Learning Center will terminate upon the conclusion of the appeal process.. DCFS is notifying all parents with children enrolled at the two centers who received CCAP to inform them of the termination and to offer them assistance in securing other child care arrangements.

Parents can view online inspection reports for child care facilities licensed by DCFS, including these two centers, at www.dcfs.la.gov/ChildCareFacilities .
wondering

United States

#17 Aug 16, 2011
See no one person wouldve known all this.
jdgd

Monroe, LA

#18 Aug 16, 2011
That's not true
move it

United States

#19 Aug 16, 2011
So dcfs tells lies? Why would they lie?
Ffgjj

Monroe, LA

#20 Aug 16, 2011
Bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black people are apes 4 hr Soda pop 44
The Truth has been censored 8 hr pittsburgh diamon... 4
Stick up at Southern Classic Chicken. 8 hr Ray Ray 6
NCHS Mike Brown, Defensive Coordinator, leaves. 11 hr Heard 3
Sharon old azz mitchell 17 hr Brown 7
Petula Lacour Richard Farr Renita Easley 18 hr Spen 16
Cardio by Cordero Wed What 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Natchitoches Mortgages