monkey boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

man was killed today on i-49 at derry exit, he stoped to check something on his trailer and an 18 wheeler hit and killed him draging his body all over the road into bits
passing through

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Yea, passed by around 5:30 today and they were still cleaning the scene. Pretty ugly from what I could tell.
Reaper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Who was the guy?
jesslynn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

does anyone know who it was
im lying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

deonay hardy
I know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

It was bill welling
ann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

That is awful, bless the hearts of his family, y'all will be in my prayers
wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

I know wrote:
It was bill welling
no it was not!!
wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

Pedestrian Killed In Natchitoches Parish Crash
Earlier today, a crash involving two vehicles and a pedestrian killed a man from Grand Cane, LA.

Troopers responded to the crash around 3:00 pm, which occurred on I-49 near LA Hwy 119. The crash involved a 2005 Mack (18 wheeler), driven by Steven Gipson (B/M 44 yrs) of Wills Point, TX, 1995 Ford pickup, and a pedestrian, identified as John G. Perry Jr.(W/M 51 yrs). The Mack was south bound on I-49 traveling in the outside lane while the Ford was stopped on the outside shoulder of I-49 southbound due to a tire failure. Perry Jr. was standing in the driver’s doorway of the Ford, with the door open, prior to the crash. Gipson’s vehicle traveled onto the south bound outside shoulder and collided with the Ford before colliding with Perry Jr.

Gipson was not injured.

Perry Jr. was pronounced dead at the scene. Perry’s only passenger, identified as Victor W. Thrasher (W/M 49 yrs) of Gloster, LA, was not injured.

Routine toxicology tests and charges are pending. The crash remains under investigation.

If your vehicle becomes disabled due to tire failure, remember the first thing to consider is your safety. If you are on a bridge or a part of the highway with limited shoulder space, then proceed on until you reach an area that is safe such as an exit ramp or parking lot. Try to always carry some type of warning device such as flares or reflectors. Place these warning devices at least two hundred feet in the direction of traffic that will endanger you. Any motorist that feels he/she needs assistance may call Louisiana State Police at *577 (*LSP) from any cellular phone.
Ringgold

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

John Perry was my friend...he was from Ringgold, LA...
saw it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

I didn't see bits and pieces scattered all over the hwy but I saw it after he had been covered with the white sheet and it was frightening...my heart goes out and prayers go up for him and his family. it made me extremely cautious about the rest off my journey on that interstate...
saw it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

and then on the way back at same exit, on the other side there was another vehicle changing a tire extremely close to the hwy...I just wondered if they'd known what had just happened across the interstate...if they had have the guy would have surely pulled over further...
In Shock

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Please have consideration for the family of John Perry and for his/our friend Vic who witnessed this horrible tragedy of his close friend.
Outside of Gold Limits

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

This family has been through the ringer and back over the years. Ms. Texas has now lost both of her sons. RIP John!! Prayers for all family and friends!
concerned woman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

Ringgold wrote:
John Perry was my friend...he was from Ringgold, LA...
I'm very sorry for your lost & will Pray for u & his family, bless your heart this is awful but just remember he was taken from earth because he was too good to Be here & he deserved something better so God called him to his paradise

“I'm here”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

Prayers go out to the family of the victim. May God bless his soul..
Lurker

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

funny how the tribe came out of hiding. AGAIN!!!!
Hope

Bastrop, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

From what i understand, this man WAS off the highway. He was ON the shoulder. WHY was this mack driving in the right lane ANYWAY since there was a vehichle changing a tire on the shoulder??????
not only does the article state he was on the shoulder - he was on the OUTSIDE of the shoulder.

PEOPLE - IF YOU SEE VEHICHLES ON THE SHOULDER - GET IN THE LEFT LANE IF POSSIBLE!!!!
MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO YOUR DRIVING TO GET IN THE LEFT LANE!
IF YOU HAVE TO SLOW DOWN OR SPEED UP TO GET IN THE LEFT LANE THEN PLEASE DO SO!
JUST HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT AND DECENCY TO SHARE THE ROAD!!!

ftw...smh.
Outside of Gold Limits

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Hope, you're right, he was off. The 18-wheeler crossed way over onto the shoulder. Where John was should have been a safe distance. Today we said goodbye to our friend.

Thank you!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Natchitoches Forum right now

Search the Natchitoches Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FLC = Twerking Church 4 hr SINGLE MOTHER 9
wreck in oak grove 4 hr curious 3
black Dequincy man rapes 94 year old 4 hr Angel Eyes 4
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 5 hr old man 2,072
money for sex (Sep '13) 6 hr lmfao 13
Smoke and Rasalind 7 hr really 6
Dog Groomers??? (Apr '08) 8 hr marty 78
•••
•••