Miss Merry Christmas Selection

Posted in the Natchitoches Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OMG

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2011
Hmmmm... Congrats to Ms. Evans for being selected as our next Miss Merry Christmas!! Why o why can't the mothers of the other contestants accept the results and move on? A couple of them are acting like this is the St. Mary's cheerleading tryouts, and want to change the rules (and outcome) after the fact... I'm just saying...
BeenThere

Campti, LA

#2 Sep 12, 2011
I think the selection was great. She is a lovely young lady.
Blazing Saddle

United States

#3 Sep 12, 2011
I think Miss Lilly should have been given a chance, she"s got it all over them loosers. BART for sheriff!!
New Route

Rayville, LA

#4 Sep 12, 2011
Why did they do away with the attitude portion of the Miss Merry Christmas? It was SOOOO boring taking that out, it was the best part.

Congratulations to all of them, but I was shocked at a few picks myself.They must have gave a SUPER interview that morning.
thinking

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Sep 13, 2011
Look at the newspaper--very interesting. But who should be surprised in Natchitoches.
Congratulations

Natchitoches, LA

#6 Sep 14, 2011
Congratulations to Ms. Evans, she is a very loving young lady and she will represent Ms. Merry Christmas very well.
Valley Girl

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2011
It's such a sad day in our times when one person can't be happy for the next. Caucasians in this community can not accept when things do not go their way. It still amazes me when I see others wanting to make changes to benefit themselves. Be proud of Brooke and allow this young woman to represent our city. The whining & poor sportsmanship is not an attractive look. I'm pleased to know that she won on her own merit and not that of her affluent parents.
thing1

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2011
Hanna Martin is the sexist one we had yet
us caucasians

Natchitoches, LA

#9 Sep 14, 2011
Please dont put all of us "caucasians" in the same group, just like I dont expect other ethnic groups to be put into similar groups, and those of us caucasians that arent a part of the "society" elite in this town get looked down upon and treated as though we are inferior to those in the country club, the service league, etc etc etc. We work hard every day and we are treated as second class citizens, sounds familiar to several ethnic groups over history, many many many ethnic groups. So, again, dont put us in the same group. Congrats big time to Miss Evans and the rest of the winners. We look forward to being represented very well this Christmas season. I was at the event, I did miss the attitude competition this year, it really made things fun and it seemed like you got to know the contestants a lot better with that competition, but again, I feel what you are saying, some people will never be happy unless they are in control of everthing in this town, but you can only treat people like crap so long before it catches up to you. Again, congrats to all the winners, including Miss Evans, some of us caucasians are proud that regular people have a chance in some competitions, its not like that very often here
Blazing Saddle

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2011
They always have the Miss Meathead pageant.
Miss You

Natchitoches, LA

#11 Sep 14, 2011
Brooke Hennigan (may she rest in peace) is by far a very loving soul to follow in her foot steps for the Miss Merry Christmas. She was and still will be in my book Miss Natchitoches, she loved Natchitoches and all of it people. Miss You Brooke may you watch down on all of us ..
HaHA

Natchitoches, LA

#12 Sep 14, 2011
Gotta have a black girl win every now and then..
Valley Girl

Rayville, LA

#13 Sep 14, 2011
My apologies....I was not trying to categorize all caucasians, just those that demonstrated themselves poorly as well as those that continue to do so. I agree that all ladies did very well; however, it is very upsetting to see those same individuals that we work alongside with, attend church with, serve on boards with, etc. to behave as they have. I wish Miss Merry Christmas and the Belles much success.
congratz

United States

#14 Sep 14, 2011
The girl that won beat my daughter. She is beautiful and deserved to win i feel like all those girls are beautiful no matter who won
Boo

Natchitoches, LA

#15 Sep 15, 2013
who are the bells
same small town same crap

United States

#16 Sep 15, 2013
For those of you complaining for the wrong or right, for that matter, reasons I think the question to ask is "who were the judges?"

Congrats to those that won as well as those that had the guts to get out there and try!

Same fussing every year...
Why

Natchitoches, LA

#17 Sep 15, 2013
HaHA wrote:
Gotta have a black girl win every now and then..
Why, just because of Affirmative Action?
Mom

Pineville, LA

#18 Sep 15, 2013
same small town same crap wrote:
For those of you complaining for the wrong or right, for that matter, reasons I think the question to ask is "who were the judges?"
Congrats to those that won as well as those that had the guts to get out there and try!
Same fussing every year...
All the girls were beautiful and did an amazing job. I congratulate them all on a job well done. Each one stood out in their own way but only six of the nineteen could be selected, however they are all winners in my book.
same small town same crap

Mandeville, LA

#19 Sep 16, 2013
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>All the girls were beautiful and did an amazing job. I congratulate them all on a job well done. Each one stood out in their own way but only six of the nineteen could be selected, however they are all winners in my book.
That's great! I completely agree. That's a lot of pressure for someone so young. Kudos to each of them for trying!
Sad 2

Bossier City, LA

#20 Sep 16, 2013
Well it was bound to happen sooner than later. At least no one will be marching and protesting because they WORK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police can beat blacks up and get acquitted 13 hr Freedom paid in f... 4
Donald Trump is not President Fri Trump supporter 6
News Drug Task Force Agents arrest Natchitoches man Fri Whats sad 2
Trump Rally Thu Ijs 6
Dr barnum raped me today Thu Lisa byles 1
Natchitoches cop punches. Black man and spits o... Jan 19 Pony man 1
Arlin weeks (Mar '16) Jan 18 Kathy weeks 7

Natchitoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance