is natchez a good place to live

is natchez a good place to live

Posted in the Natchez Forum

really want to know

Murray, KY

#1 Jul 16, 2010
I am thnking of moving to Natchez. Is it safe, good schools, growing. Bottom line, is Natchez place that is getting better or going downfill.
noooooo

Lewisburg, PA

#2 Jul 17, 2010
really want to know wrote:
I am thnking of moving to Natchez. Is it safe, good schools, growing. Bottom line, is Natchez place that is getting better or going downfill.
Natchez is one of the worst places I have EVER lived!!!
I have NEVER seen so many skank ho's and I do mean ho's, drama, and drugheads in my life!!! Just low down dirty rotten people!!!
Boss

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 17, 2010
Seriously, Natchez is dead. It will not grow. The public schools are in shambles, and compared to other towns its size, the crime rate is high.There is little to attract someone to live here, but it is fantastic place to visit!
sho nuff

Arkadelphia, AR

#4 Jul 25, 2010
Been dead for years. Spent first 40 years of my life here, will never come back, don't even visit. Dead east of Ntz. also.

Last time I HAD to be there(4-5 years ago), we went to Shoneys for breakfast. The hatred there was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. The stack of plates on the buffet were dirty/used/unwashed and when told, the man working the buffet showed his resentment when asked for clean plates. Took 5 minutes to get them.

The blacks can have it all as far as I'm concerned.
i know

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2010
wow never been there and now im glad
Been There

Huntersville, NC

#6 Jul 29, 2010
I grew up in the Natchez area and moved away as a young adult. I love to visit, I love the atmosphere and the history. Unfortnately, I feel that it is like so many other southern cities-just drying up. There is not anything to draw the working class in. But I still love it-be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
wow

United States

#7 Jan 1, 2014
sho nuff wrote:
Been dead for years. Spent first 40 years of my life here, will never come back, don't even visit. Dead east of Ntz. also.
Last time I HAD to be there(4-5 years ago), we went to Shoneys for breakfast. The hatred there was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. The stack of plates on the buffet were dirty/used/unwashed and when told, the man working the buffet showed his resentment when asked for clean plates. Took 5 minutes to get them.
The blacks can have it all as far as I'm concerned.
Why you say blacks can have it??????
Toby

United States

#8 Jul 20, 2015
This town is an monopoly economically benefiting the haves. The have nots are damned. Not a enough jobs. Jails full of you know who. Have to pay to see and talk to love ones incarcerated in county jail. Too isolated from other cities. It is redicculous!!!!!
Unfortunate Citizen

United States

#9 Jan 4, 2016
It's a pitiful city. It has the potential to be something better, but for some reason, it never gets any better.
There is absolutely NOTHING for kids to do here. No skating rink. No public pool. Nothing. No wonder so many people grow up to become alcoholics and drug addicts around here. They had nothing better to do!(Unless they were able to move away.)
You have to order a lot of things online because they can't be obtained here. You have to drive at least 2 hours to get anywhere better.
You have to take a day off work to do anything important.
And, good luck finding a decent doctor here. Most people go see doctors out of town.
Would not recommend. And I really hate to say that because it would be nice if more outsiders did move here and help change it. But, most outsiders only stay for about 6 months, before the locals run them off.
Phoenix

Petal, MS

#10 Feb 20, 2016
Look at surrounding towns ferriday LA, and Fayette ms. You will have an idea of how Natchez will become its almost to that point now just a worthless ghetto town.
Phoenix

Petal, MS

#11 Feb 20, 2016
Because its the truth nobody is willing to talk about. Look at surrounding towns like a cancer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Natchez man charged with cruelty after newborn ... Apr '16 USA R0CKS 22
News TPSD leaders confident in new administrator hire Apr '16 Tupelo Daily News 5
What really happened to Summer Moffitt Slater? (May '13) Apr '16 Summers mother 39
News Rod Guajardo: One year later, Tupelo still feel... Feb '16 Stay Loose 2
wheres the party spot? (Jun '13) Jan '16 guest 8
News Rod Guajardo: Heritage tourism great opportunit... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sports Editor 8
Dr.R.C.Stowers (Feb '13) Oct '15 gzgtnk 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Natchez Mortgages