TRI-K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2006

Does anyone know who owns the plantation on John Quitman?
It was burned, don't know when or any details. It's on the right side sitting back from the road. It is of red brick and has huge white columns.
cjb

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2006

The name of the house is Arlington built in 1816. It burned sometime in the last 5 to 7 years. I don't anything about the current owner.
cjb

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2006

The house may have burned more recently than I said before I don't remember the actual year. I am pretty sure that it was after 1998.The Natchez Democrat news paper ran a story on it when it happened. I can't find the copy that I have of it.
JMH

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

Arlington is actually owned by the Natchez Historic Foundation (NHF) according to the National Historic Landmarks (NHL) Program website. I have visited the property recently and found the condition of the house and other buildings to be very dilapidated due to vandalism. What a wonderful project for volunteer/non-profit organizations to work on; any information on this would be greatly appreciated, as I would be interested in "putting in" some hours to help this beautiful and historic home! Please email me at: thehockleys@earthlink.net.
melmont

Wesson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

It's owned by Dr. Thomas Vaughn of Jackson, MS. It burned in September 2001. The Historic Natchez Foundation are doing everything within their powers to save it.
Architect

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Does anyone know if Dr. Vaughn would sell Arlington? I am looking to move there and restore an old house when we retire.
melmont

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

Architect wrote:
Does anyone know if Dr. Vaughn would sell Arlington? I am looking to move there and restore an old house when we retire.
I know a family in town offered him 800,000 for it, he turned then down. No, he's not wanting to sell it. You can actually get on the www.natchezdemocrat.com and look in the archives. There are many articles about all the attempts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Natchez Discussions

Search the Natchez Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Jul 5 the dark lord 1,960
luke? (Nov '13) Apr '14 hello. 5
Our Opinion: Regional transit talks might provi... Apr '14 Fair 3
What really happened to Summer Moffitt Slater? (May '13) Mar '14 Love summer 30
New Adams County Arrests Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
Engagement: Brandi Ann Steen & Tyler James Hoover Feb '14 Ted 1
outdoor jobs? Feb '14 jobless 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Natchez Jobs

•••