Charter school theft alleged

Charter school theft alleged

There are 3 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Jan 26, 2013, titled Charter school theft alleged. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

The former chief financial officer for the Brighter Choice Foundation, which provides funding and support to 10 public charter schools in Albany, has been charged with embezzling $202,837 from the organization.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

LetsGetReal

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2013
When I was a kid, blacks screamed about segregation...they wanted to attend predominantly-white schools...so they bused the little hoodlums into white areas to go to school. That's didn't work out too well, though, because, instead of the black kids rising to meet the academic performance of the white kids, they actually did worse. The black kids that were bused into my school in the second-grade couldn't even write or read a "See Jane" book.

Fast forward to 1995. Ghetto kids sh*tted up every public school that they attended, so taxpayers were asked to fund "charter schools", where they dress up the little kids in prep-school clothes like they're attending an elite private school, and ship them off to a taxpayer-funded, farce of a school that's run by idiots.

The end result? Black graduation-rates are far lower than they were back in 1968.

I'm assuming that's my fault.

LetsGetReal

Albany, NY

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Let's get something straight...this guy didn't steal $202,000 from the school; he stole it from the taxpayers.

Get rid of Charter schools; they're failures.
Nina

AOL

#4 Jan 27, 2013
these schools are a chance for the kids. Too bad we couldn't get those old time nuns in there.....
they would even ace 8th grade Regents....I am not kidding. But you cannot expect success in school if the kids come from and return to chaos in the
home. I do not mean this for all but some. The teachers can only do so much and need reinforcement from the student's family. Maybe
social services should demand those families receiving assistance to show that they are willing
to help the students prepare for school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To T. Bailey 11 hr Willie McCoy 1
News Branch of Albany bakery to open in Cohoes (Jul '11) Wed Charlotte StGelais 3
Hello Albany! Jul 26 LOL 4
News Yankee Distillers opens in Clifton Park today Jul 23 Mark K 3
News Gang activity plagues Long Island despite crack... (Jul '08) Jun '15 kathy the barmaid 289
News 5,000 say 'no' to gas line Mar '15 Johnny Beergut 33
greek food (Oct '14) Oct '14 JAYSON IATRIDIS 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nassau Mortgages