Review: BTP Tattoos
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
U Albany student

Gansevoort, NY

#1 Sep 14, 2009
Of all the shops/parlors I've checked out BTP Tattoos (Lark&Madison) is hands down the cleanest and most comfortable. I had three artist there draw me three different versions of what I wanted and honestly I'm thinking of getting all three tattoos. Not only are they friendly, but they're extremely talented and from looking through all the art there and talking to others who already got ink from em I believe they should be considered one of the premier parlors of city.
Chett

Queensbury, NY

#2 Sep 30, 2009
had a great session there the other day. They do very good work and most of all they are friendly. I am simply amazed by their work and their prices and great. They answered all my questions before hand and afterwards. I have nothing but good thiings to say about them. I will definitely be going back for more. You can tell a lot of effort came into drawing and tattoo-ing process. Clean and confortable.
Taylor

Guilderland, NY

#3 Feb 1, 2010
I went just lastnight, spur of the moment, and to say the least, i wont go anywhere else from now on. Travis is who did my ink, and he will be doing it from now on, the place was very clean, and the whole vibe was very carefree, and great!
tom

Albany, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2010
BTP is a studio that does not take care of there customers. i am working on a large piece with don and he has blown me off two appointments in a row, no call before hand to let me know he could not make it. i will say that everyone there is friendly and reasonably talented but its just not worth it for me to take off work and get screwed over again and again. if you go there at all dont get tattooed by don.
Management

Gansevoort, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2010
tom wrote:
BTP is a studio that does not take care of there customers. i am working on a large piece with don and he has blown me off two appointments in a row, no call before hand to let me know he could not make it. i will say that everyone there is friendly and reasonably talented but its just not worth it for me to take off work and get screwed over again and again. if you go there at all dont get tattooed by don.
Nobody named TOM had an appointment with Don or any other artist here at BTP TATTOO today as a matter of fact I just Checked every artist calenders and nobody has an appointment with a TOM at all. So for everyone else, were open till Noon-10pm everyday.
Inkman

Schenectady, NY

#6 Apr 16, 2010
Hey management-- where did he say his appointment was TODAY? Did Don blow him off or not?
m v tattoo expo

Lewiston, ME

#7 Apr 28, 2010
Christina

Astoria, NY

#8 Aug 6, 2010
My friend and I went in there because we tried to go to Lark street, and they told us what they would and wouldn't do, and we had to put a deposit down, etc.
So we decided to check out BTP, and I'm really glad we did.

The atmosphere was really friendly, and comfortable. I felt relaxed, and even though it was my first tattoo, they made me really calm about it.
I'm going back next week, and I'm glad I am!
Tim

Albany, NY

#9 Aug 18, 2010
tom wrote:
you are not the only one tom.
piercing

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Aug 19, 2010
Do not go here if you are being pierced. I came here because they had the best price-- they need to make their prices low, because they have so much competition within a single mile radius, and it's professional competition.

I hate to say it, but the old phrase "you get what you pay for" truly sums it up. I basically paid for a piece of metal, a scar, and a lot of anxiety. The piercing was done incorrectly and they fought with me over having it resolved. I consulted other piercers from other (reputable) parlors about my situation, and apparently there have even been several reported cases of staph infection from BTP, and I wasn't the first person to come to them from BTP with concerns.

Furthermore, they aren't accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and they'd already received one BBB complaint within the last year. http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-...

"Bring The Pain"? Seriously. They brought it. I'm chalking this up to an expensive lesson learned.
Dr Watt

Albany, NY

#13 Sep 12, 2010
NurseBetty wrote:
This place is just fine, if you like Hepatitis. The piercer sexually harassed me the entire time and every friend of mine who got pierced or tattooed there has had problems. What's worse is that they're extremely rude if you come back to them with a problem. This business is unsafe and unclean and I can't warn you enough- DON'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!!
Just a question...If "every friend of mine who got pierced or tattooed there has had problems...", why in the world did they ALL go there? Did they all go at once? Did no one tell anyone he/she had a problem with the place?
Whaaaaaaaat

Albany, NY

#14 Sep 12, 2010
NurseBetty wrote:
This place is just fine, if you like Hepatitis. The piercer sexually harassed me the entire time and every friend of mine who got pierced or tattooed there has had problems. What's worse is that they're extremely rude if you come back to them with a problem. This business is unsafe and unclean and I can't warn you enough- DON'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!!
So EVERY friend of yours had a problem there...Did they all go at once? Why wouldn't they have warned each other?
collector

Albany, NY

#16 Sep 19, 2010
i walked in and shortly thereafter walked out. they are wannabes. t.v., loud rap music, and people that have nothing to do with tattoos just hanging out. very unprofessional which leads me to believe unclean and low rent
collector

Albany, NY

#17 Sep 19, 2010
Christina wrote:
My friend and I went in there because we tried to go to Lark street, and they told us what they would and wouldn't do, and we had to put a deposit down, etc.
So we decided to check out BTP, and I'm really glad we did.
The atmosphere was really friendly, and comfortable. I felt relaxed, and even though it was my first tattoo, they made me really calm about it.
I'm going back next week, and I'm glad I am!

deposits are a sign of a busy tattoo shop. that would be like thinking an empty restaurant serves good food
disappointed

Albany, NY

#18 May 24, 2011
Dont waste your time.They will keep your money and not do a thing you ask for.They will keep your money though.really though i am thankful i didnt have any of them touch me.There are too many great artists out there.wish someone warned me
disappointed

Albany, NY

#19 May 24, 2011
collector wrote:
i walked in and shortly thereafter walked out. they are wannabes. t.v., loud rap music, and people that have nothing to do with tattoos just hanging out. very unprofessional which leads me to believe unclean and low rent
SOOOOO TRUE!
TRUTH SEEKER

Albany, NY

#20 May 25, 2011
U Albany student wrote:
Of all the shops/parlors I've checked out BTP Tattoos (Lark&Madison) is hands down the cleanest and most comfortable. I had three artist there draw me three different versions of what I wanted and honestly I'm thinking of getting all three tattoos. Not only are they friendly, but they're extremely talented and from looking through all the art there and talking to others who already got ink from em I believe they should be considered one of the premier parlors of city.
sOMEONE THAT WORKS THERE WROTE THIS BECAUSE IT COULDNT BE ANY FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH
TRUTH SEEKER

Albany, NY

#21 May 25, 2011
Whaaaaaaaat wrote:
<quoted text> So EVERY friend of yours had a problem there...Did they all go at once? Why wouldn't they have warned each other?
shouldnt people be more concerned with why it happened and why we are paying heroin addicts to touch us let alone do anything permanent
TRUTH SEEKER

Albany, NY

#22 May 25, 2011
piercing wrote:
Do not go here if you are being pierced. I came here because they had the best price-- they need to make their prices low, because they have so much competition within a single mile radius, and it's professional competition.
I hate to say it, but the old phrase "you get what you pay for" truly sums it up. I basically paid for a piece of metal, a scar, and a lot of anxiety. The piercing was done incorrectly and they fought with me over having it resolved. I consulted other piercers from other (reputable) parlors about my situation, and apparently there have even been several reported cases of staph infection from BTP, and I wasn't the first person to come to them from BTP with concerns.
Furthermore, they aren't accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and they'd already received one BBB complaint within the last year. http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-...
"Bring The Pain"? Seriously. They brought it. I'm chalking this up to an expensive lesson learned.
Has anyone contacted the department of health? i hope so
grossed out

Cairo, NY

#23 Jul 18, 2011
your piercer is a creep first off. one of my piercings became really infected, even after following all of their after care instuctions. u have birds behind curtains, which cant be sanitary. it seems as tho everyone there is an asshole...for the most part atleast. and getting harassed via txt message isnt how i like to start off my mornings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nassau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Jehovah's Witnesses gather in Albany 1 hr True Christian w... 3
News Queens man arrested in 10 Nassau burglaries, co... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 2
News Churchill: Wrestling with history in Whitesboro... (Jan '16) Mon UrClueLess 43
News Sanders to meet with delegates before start of ... Jul 23 stop our denial 5
News Trending Now WikiLeaks dump could confirm Sande... Jul 23 Kelly - D J 1
News Libous' campaign cash went to lawyer Jul 15 LOL 1
Similitudes (Dec '15) Jul 13 anonymous 55

Nassau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nassau Mortgages