Teen Charged With Death In Alcohol Re...

Teen Charged With Death In Alcohol Related Crash

There are 57 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Teen Charged With Death In Alcohol Related Crash. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- Police have charged 19-year-old Wesley Parker Ellis from Madison with vehicular homicide by intoxication.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Queen Sassyass

“Don't like it? Don't read it!!”

Since: Apr 09

Somewhere in very southern TN

#41 Apr 16, 2009
CCC wrote:
<quoted text>If there were peace, there would be no crime and there would be nobody to profit from it. What I posted is far from ignorant ( a misandrist would not understand )
Your comment has NOTHING to do with this topic and you are nothing more than an insensitive, ignorant, perfect personification of an imbecile. And before you say anything, NO...I am not a misandrist. I love men but those that are intelligent and sensitive, you moron. Now have the decency to allow this young woman's family to grieve her death in peace.

Queen Sassyass

#42 Apr 16, 2009
concerned friend wrote:
I don't know if anyone will get to read this that should but I felt the need to let someone know what I just read on Wesly Parker Ellis' facebook page. I grew up with Wes and have known him since we were 5. He needs to be punished for what he did though. I know that his parents raised him better than the way his actions reflect and I am so so so very sorry that he killed Jessica. On his facebook page it says that on April 9th he posted a status that says "Wesly Parker Ellis one down, one to go and im free :)))". I am disgusted at his reaction and I need for him to know that this is not ok. If anyone gets this and needs to be able to actually see his page, please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]
Sweetie, if I seen something on Facebook like Wesley's comment, I would notify the police of it. They need to know that if you haven't already told them. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention though. I'm sure someone will say something about it to the proper authorities soon enough.
gosnell gal

United States

#43 Apr 16, 2009
queen sassass..i am emailing you so that i may see this sorry sob's site...
i am jessica's cousin and our hearts are broken forever because if his actions..thank you for your heartfelt concern.

Queen Sassyass

#44 Apr 16, 2009
gosnell gal wrote:
queen sassass..i am emailing you so that i may see this sorry sob's site...
i am jessica's cousin and our hearts are broken forever because if his actions..thank you for your heartfelt concern.
You are most welcomed. I know the kind of pain and grief you're going through right now. I was and still am going the same kind myself. My youngest son was killed in Iraq several months ago. There just isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him or cry. You learn in time how to cope with their deaths but never never get over it. I have allowed my son's wonderful memories of hugs, kisses and telling me how much he loved me to help me move forward with my life. He is my little hero for giving the ultimate sacrifice for me and every other American. I focus now on ways to honor his memory and sacrifice. I also focus on my daughters and making every moment count that I have with them.

My sincerest condolences to Jessica's family and you for this terrible, senseless loss. I'm sure that Wesley will pay and suffer for what he's done. Sooner or later it's going to come back and get him. That's a given. Hopefully it will be sooner than he thinks.
gosnell gal

United States

#45 Apr 16, 2009
oh bless your heart..i honor and thank your son for fighting for our country and i am so very sorry he lost his life..my sincere sympathy and love be with you for such a courageous young man..
my prayers with you and your family.your a wonderful mother for keeping his memory alive and shring his story with us..
Mary Dismukes Paige

United States

#46 Apr 16, 2009
Thank you so much for this information. Many may not be aware that three days prior to killing my daughter, Mr. Ellis was arrested for felony burglary in Sumner County and was out on bond. It is my understanding that Sumner County increased his bond to $100,000 from the original $10,000. To my knowledge, that case has not yet been to criminal court. However, if you have additional information, our family would greatly appreciate it. I have spoken to the Davidson County Investigator who is handling the case and she is attempting to get more information for us. Once again, thank you for providing this information. Sitting here, wondering why our court system is still allowing that young man out on the streets is excruciating for our family.
concerned friend wrote:
I don't know if anyone will get to read this that should but I felt the need to let someone know what I just read on Wesly Parker Ellis' facebook page. I grew up with Wes and have known him since we were 5. He needs to be punished for what he did though. I know that his parents raised him better than the way his actions reflect and I am so so so very sorry that he killed Jessica. On his facebook page it says that on April 9th he posted a status that says "Wesly Parker Ellis one down, one to go and im free :)))". I am disgusted at his reaction and I need for him to know that this is not ok. If anyone gets this and needs to be able to actually see his page, please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]
Lipscomb Student

Murfreesboro, TN

#47 May 3, 2009
Mr. and Mrs. Paige, I am so sorry for your loss.

On April 25, another Lipscomb student who was drinking while driving killed my best friend. Lipscomb University has a history of leniency when it comes to underage drinking as well as drinking and driving by their students. Recently, multiple drinking incidences have occurred involving Lipscomb students. Some of these incidents have resulted in deaths. Lipscomb University’s president, Randolph Lowry, has not taken action to discourage this behavior. I am disappointed that President Lowery lacks the backbone to enforce Lipscomb University’s existing policies on drinking.
How many more young people will be lost before Lipscomb’s President Lowry steps up to the plate? I pray that this does not happen again to anyone else especially when it can be prevented. Lipscomb needs to take the initiative to deal with this proactively. I hope that some attempt will be made to prevent tragedies like this from occurring again. Lipscomb University has a drinking problem and it needs to be dealt with before we have another victim.
Mary Dismukes Paige

Cross Plains, TN

#48 May 14, 2009
Thank you for writing. My step-daughter is a graduate of Lipscomb and I am familiar with their code of conduct for their students. Is there anything I can do to help get the attention of the President? I'm happy to write a letter, or schedule an appointment, or come and talk to students. Could you provide me more information on the other Lipscomb students who have been involved in these activities so I might include that information in my letter or meeting? I am fully aware that drinking is prohibited by Lipscomb students and you are correct, something must be done. Once again, thank you for writing.
Lipscomb Student wrote:
Mr. and Mrs. Paige, I am so sorry for your loss.
On April 25, another Lipscomb student who was drinking while driving killed my best friend. Lipscomb University has a history of leniency when it comes to underage drinking as well as drinking and driving by their students. Recently, multiple drinking incidences have occurred involving Lipscomb students. Some of these incidents have resulted in deaths. Lipscomb University’s president, Randolph Lowry, has not taken action to discourage this behavior. I am disappointed that President Lowery lacks the backbone to enforce Lipscomb University’s existing policies on drinking.
How many more young people will be lost before Lipscomb’s President Lowry steps up to the plate? I pray that this does not happen again to anyone else especially when it can be prevented. Lipscomb needs to take the initiative to deal with this proactively. I hope that some attempt will be made to prevent tragedies like this from occurring again. Lipscomb University has a drinking problem and it needs to be dealt with before we have another victim.
peace

Tiranë, Albania

#51 Jun 2, 2009
This is for all people that had forgotten to read the Holy Bible

2 CORINTHIANS

6.The punishment that most of your group gave him is enough for him.
7.But now you should forgive him and encourage him, This will keep him from having too much sadness and giving up completely.
8.So I beg you to show him that you love him.
9.This is why I wrote to you.
old friend

Clarksville, TN

#53 Jul 10, 2009
I would like to extend my deepest condolences to Mary and Richard. My heart aches at your loss. Jessie was a beautiful person, the kind of person that made you remember all the great things life had to offer. The last time i talked to her she sent me a song by Chris Young called "flowers", and some time later it literally changed my life. She will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. If anyone has any information on the ellis trial, please post it...i am very interested in the outcome. thank you, and again...i am so sorry for your loss.
gosnell gal

United States

#54 Jul 10, 2009
hi old friend i am jessie's cousin in arkansas,,yes she will never be forgotten..it feels as raw right at this moment as it did last october...we are in tremendous pain and grief as family and friends...sometimes its too unbearable to even talk about..i looked up the lyric to "flowers" how it speaks volumes...please pray for may and richard and her husband and siblings especially...ellis has been to court, its gone to grand jury, his bail revoked, and now postponed..typical judicial system..we pray for justice..thank you for your love for our baby girl..
Mary Paige

United States

#55 Aug 4, 2009
How about this one:
"Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God, that which is God's." I believe Jesus Christ said that one. God has Jessica. The courts will handle Mr Ellis.
peace wrote:
This is for all people that had forgotten to read the Holy Bible
2 CORINTHIANS
6.The punishment that most of your group gave him is enough for him.
7.But now you should forgive him and encourage him, This will keep him from having too much sadness and giving up completely.
8.So I beg you to show him that you love him.
9.This is why I wrote to you.
Brittany

Madison, TN

#56 Sep 6, 2009
justwonderingoutloud wrote:
He looks like a big fat dumb spoiled dufus.
Maybe he should be executed.
Mr. Ellis made a mistake as do all of us each and every day! No it was not right for him to drink and drive and to even take a young woman's life; I feel for each of the families. As a classmate of Mr. Ellis's, I know he knows that he should not have been out at that time of night, especially drunk. BUT no he does not deserve the execution.
Brittany

Madison, TN

#57 Sep 6, 2009
Mary Dismukes Paige wrote:
Thank you so much for this information. Many may not be aware that three days prior to killing my daughter, Mr. Ellis was arrested for felony burglary in Sumner County and was out on bond. It is my understanding that Sumner County increased his bond to $100,000 from the original $10,000. To my knowledge, that case has not yet been to criminal court. However, if you have additional information, our family would greatly appreciate it. I have spoken to the Davidson County Investigator who is handling the case and she is attempting to get more information for us. Once again, thank you for providing this information. Sitting here, wondering why our court system is still allowing that young man out on the streets is excruciating for our family. <quoted text>
For your information and may I say I am so sorry about your loss, but Wes Ellis was framed and did not commit burglary like you said. Three other people were involved in that incident and it was not Wes.
gosnell gal

United States

#58 Sep 8, 2009
whatever..that kid is a loser..he has been in more trouble than people know...and when you get behind the wheel of a vehicle drunk that us NO accident my friend.

Since: Dec 13

Goodlettsville, TN

#59 Dec 23, 2013
Seems like this whole thing is blown over I know the offender and if the family knew how he was living his life now they would be going ballistic n he's free there is no regret in his conscious

Since: Dec 13

Goodlettsville, TN

#60 Dec 23, 2013
Queen Sassyass wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, if I seen something on Facebook like Wesley's comment, I would notify the police of it. They need to know that if you haven't already told them. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention though. I'm sure someone will say something about it to the proper authorities soon enough.

He thinks it's funny that's the messed up part

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Tennessee made up of stardust? 32 min Just me 2
Traffic Jam Sam 1 hr Rappin Deshawnqua... 85
Hillary is meeting with all Black Mothers who l... 2 hr End IT 2
What has happen to Nancy Van Camp? 9 hr melissa miller 92
dogs outside 17 hr bob 3
Easy way to make money!!!!! 22 hr beth10 1
Where are all these Muslim Immigrants being hid? Sat white panther 8

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance