Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on Federal Firearms and Moonshining Violations in Cocke County

Mar 17, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF

“The last run of likker I'll ever make”

VIN "POPCORN" SUTTON ARRESTED ON FEDERAL FIREARMS AND MOONSHINING VIOLATIONS IN COCKE COUNTY - Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton ,61, of Parrottsville, Tennessee, author of the book "Me and My Likker" and star of his ... via US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF

Comments
161 - 176 of 176 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2014
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“my haters inspire me”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Big bad judge had to show his authority, and put a sixty something year old man away, while the pills continue to roll down the streets.........
bigto

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Popcorn is dead if u all didn't know that
rip popcorn

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

vickie wrote:
<quoted text>News Flash!!! Moonshine Is A Drug!!! People get killed every day drinking and driving!!And we are talking about monshine its 100 proof!! Were have you been? I alo no popcorn and he is a runk ho needs to rot in jail!! Alot of people have built time in th penatintuary for moonshine. Why do you think he is special Because he is NOT!!! He has all this money but doesnt do anythig for his kid or parents!!! He is lowlife!!! I have no sympathy!! STOP PLAYING VICTOM POPCORN!!!!!! IF anyone is A victom its your son Solmn for having to be associated with such a trashy person!!!
yea moonshine can kill you and so can a car wreck, so does that mean that they should make driving illegal?? Moonshine don't kill people the dummy's that drink to much of it kill themselves!!! Your worried about this man makin a Livin and there are people out there sellin drugs to kids who aren't even ol enough to drive and your worried about this!! You make me laugh I bet u support Obama and gay marriages also to! Get your priorities in line and u will see there are more important things goin on out there than people makin moonshine!!
is it legal or not

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

isnt they selling his moonshine at local wine stores?
SadDay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Imo it is a sad day when a moonshiner is memorized and made a martyr. Not a good example for young people.
Someone that knew him

Chuckey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

I knew ol Popcorn and really he was no different than any other man that did'nt support his kids. Sad but true. And as far as his "Likker" goes...well we all gotta do what we gotta do in this ol life to try to survive. Aint no need in throwin stones at anybody. We all have things we regret in life. Popcorn was a likeable guy and the whole story is sad. But on a happier note...they are now legally selling his "Likker" legally so maybe his children will benefit from that...I would hope!
Someone that knew him

Chuckey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

"Sad Day" I think you're wrong bout that. Moonshiners are a part of our southern heritage just as much as apple pie. The big story may be a little sad but everybody has their pasts. So I say "Shine On"
Someone that knew him

Chuckey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

I meant as much as apple pie is american. Lol. Anyway you know what I mean. Guess I should have said beans and cornbread!
Someone that knew him

Chuckey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Ol' Popcorn. A dirty ol skank but damn likeable especially when he was drinkin and trying to get his point across! Lmfao!

Since: May 12

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Why in the shit is this been posted this happened long time ago they should have left the man alone when it happened Nd should leave him alone now since he commuted suicide years ago and he done that for the reason he didn't want to toto jail for trying to support himself and the funny fucking thing is now you can go to the liquor to store and there is his moonshine which is not legit anyways since it taste nothin like it the federal government just wanted to make a profit of him and when they couldn't to that they wanted to throw him in the pen
Mike Bell

Glenwood Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

What was the felony drug charge he was arrested for in 80?
Maybe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Rip popcorn
MITTSmormonROMNE Y

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Its a shame that old man had to go that way for making a little what could be gas for his car
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Someone that knew him wrote:
Anyway you know what I mean. Guess I should have said beans and cornbread!
......or turnip greens and ham hock!!! On a more serious side, I certainly don't have a thing against ole Popcorn but I've tried "shine" by itself, mixed with Sprite, 7-Up, Coke, Pepsi, water and everything else but I just can't handle the stuff. Wish I did like it. Got any suggestions?
Biggie T

Braxton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2014

The man was trying to make a living they can put him in jail but the pills, weed, etc are still on the streets
Zebo

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Now the shoe is on the other foot. Doesn't feel so good; Does it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesney sparks romance rumors (Jan '13) 13 min Lynn7 33
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Zeke 8,964
Randell Everett Scott Bowers 7 hr Gray 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr Sam The Man 8,589
Shemales (Dec '13) 10 hr Sam 15
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 10 hr nice 1,457
outlaws and the easyriders show (Jan '13) 11 hr waiting 146
•••
•••