Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on F...

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on Federal Firearms and Moonshining Violations in Cocke County

There are 176 comments on the US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on Federal Firearms and Moonshining Violations in Cocke County. In it, US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF reports that:

“The last run of likker I'll ever make”

VIN "POPCORN" SUTTON ARRESTED ON FEDERAL FIREARMS AND MOONSHINING VIOLATIONS IN COCKE COUNTY - Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton ,61, of Parrottsville, Tennessee, author of the book "Me and My Likker" and star of his ... via US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF

Join the discussion below, or Read more at US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
DEE DEE

Oak Grove, KY

#1 Mar 21, 2008
I AM MARRIED TO HIS NEW WIFE'S STEP-SON,I THINK THEY SOULD LEAVE HIM ALONE.IT'S A SOUTHERN THING!AT LEAST HE DOESN'T SELL TO OUR KIDS.GO FIND ALL THESE DRUGS DEALERS WE HAVE IN TOWN!!!
West Grad

Morristown, TN

#2 Mar 22, 2008
I agree. I'm from the Waynesville/Maggie Valley area, and he doesn't hurt anyone. Popcorn is a piece of history!
Jason

Korea

#3 Mar 26, 2008
I am his nephew. I agree leave the man alone. He makes a quality product that is a tradition of our area.
larry

Springfield, TN

#4 Apr 2, 2008
Jason wrote:
I am his nephew. I agree, leave the man alone. He makes a quality product that is a tradition of our area.
i think they should leave him alone,he has done it all of his life!!!,there are a whole lot of people that has done a lot more violent crimes and got away with it!!so,give him a break!!!!!!..
Nathan Conley

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 4, 2008
i also think they should leave him alone i heared he has bein doin this for a long time how would ,yhe people on the other side as in people against him think if they had somethin so good to them hanked away let him be free
saywhat

Lander, WY

#6 Apr 4, 2008
Jason wrote:
I am his nephew. I agree leave the man alone. He makes a quality product that is a tradition of our area.
Jason have you meet your cousin Sky Sutton? "one of Popcorns daughters"
just google her, and say hey, she has a very interesting blog.
E-YO

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 13, 2008
?
E-YO

Johnson City, TN

#8 Apr 13, 2008
The man is a moonshining bum. Lock him up.
Rights Activist-Advocat e

Honolulu, HI

#9 Apr 19, 2008
E-YO wrote:
The man is a moonshining bum. Lock him up.
This is a comment I was watching for! I expected it! At 61, I doubt very seriuosly if he would be concerned, as to whether or not, you think he is a bum! What is a bum after all? Oh yeah, I know, a human being. Just as every one on this planet! Oh yes, no one has the right to profit on anything, except the government. For this arrest/charge to hold any kind of justification? Then liquor, should be made illegal, thus no longer having a liquor store, on every other corner. But there again, we must also remember, the simple truth of it all. And that is that, it doesent matter, what we say or think. They are opinions, therefore holding no true meaning in the end. Good luck Popcorn! Youre not alone!
come on

Nashville, TN

#10 Apr 21, 2008
Let the man do what the good Lord put him here to do...........make good corn licker.
Jennifer-Ann

United States

#11 Apr 22, 2008
DEE DEE wrote:
I AM MARRIED TO HIS NEW WIFE'S STEP-SON,I THINK THEY SOULD LEAVE HIM ALONE.IT'S A SOUTHERN THING!AT LEAST HE DOESN'T SELL TO OUR KIDS.GO FIND ALL THESE DRUGS DEALERS WE HAVE IN TOWN!!!
Popcorn Sutton has an 13 year old son named Solomm Sutton who he has yet to do the first thing for or with for that matter! So no I have no sympathy for anyone whom does not take care of their child. So "No" he should not be left alone he is a criminal just like anyone else throw the book at him!!! For any questions on this matter call Ann Costner!!!!!
-Ann

United States

#12 Apr 22, 2008
How can anyone have symapthy for a man (popcorn) who goes around town putting jars out for people in need and then keeping it for his self. I personally have witnessed him laughing about this. And also popcorn is guiltt of lots of other thing not just moonshinning!!!!He also has a 13 year old son that hehas not and does not care for.A daughter named sky that he does not take care of also. People have failed to mention that he burned his mom and dad's house and his mother Bonnie is rotting in a nurseing home in North Carolina. So I have no smpathy for this man!
ann-Jennifer

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2008
DEE DEE wrote:
Who cares who's stepson u r married to they should throw the books at him he has a son Solomn whom he has never did anything for. Anyone who does not take care of their kid is sorry! I hope they put him under the jail!!!
vickie

Jefferson City, TN

#14 Apr 22, 2008
News Flash!!! Moonshine Is A Drug!!! People get killed every day drinking and driving!!And we are talking about monshine its 100 proof!! Were have you been? I alo no popcorn and he is a runk ho needs to rot in jail!! Alot of people have built time in th penatintuary for moonshine. Why do you think he is special Because he is NOT!!! He has all this money but doesnt do anythig for his kid or parents!!! He is lowlife!!! I have no sympathy!! STOP PLAYING VICTOM POPCORN!!!!!! IF anyone is A victom its your son Solmn for having to be associated with such a trashy person!!!
vickie

Jefferson City, TN

#15 Apr 22, 2008
Jason my little brother is Popcorns son and I think they should through the book at him. He is a worhtless drunk!!!!

Since: Nov 07

Church Hill, TN

#16 Apr 22, 2008
Do any of you actually proof-read before you post? You write like you're all on corn-liquor!!!
Figure It Out

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 22, 2008
GooberDan wrote:
Do any of you actually proof-read before you post? You write like you're all on corn-liquor!!!
There brain are eat up just as much as POPCORN's from that old moonshine. Friggin Rednecks! Take your money get some teeth and educate your family. Then maybe your family will not have to depend on corn liquor for a living. Everybody likes him because he's been on T.V. and they think he a cute hillbilly.
Looking Everywhere

Knoxville, TN

#18 Apr 29, 2008
Anyone know where a person can get a copy of Popcorn's book or movie?
Jennifer-Ann

United States

#19 May 5, 2008
Figure It Out wrote:
<quoted text> There brain are eat up just as much as POPCORN's from that old moonshine. Friggin Rednecks! Take your money get some teeth and educate your family. Then maybe your family will not have to depend on corn liquor for a living. Everybody likes him because he's been on T.V. and they think he a cute hillbilly.
So are you for him or against him because you donot make any since on one hand you think he is a cute hillbilly and on the other hand you think his brain is ate up!
lee

AOL

#20 May 13, 2008
let him out because moonshin dose not have as much chemisals as govement made wiskey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
men for man (Jan '16) 11 hr Beerad 14
Impeach Obama 12 hr josh 14
Trump Is Unfit To Be President and Should be in... 14 hr josh 28
So..what's the deal with pot? Wed The Only One 2
fake service dogs Wed I see you 1
Why has Vince Gill became so fat? Tue Liberty 11
Miranda vs carrie Mon Shhh 5

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance