a Wooded Rapist' Fears For His Life B...

a Wooded Rapist' Fears For His Life Behind Bars - NewsChannel 5...

There are 8 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 14, 2009, titled a Wooded Rapist' Fears For His Life Behind Bars - NewsChannel 5.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

A jury convicted Jason Burdick of rape and he's suspected of at least a dozen others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

None

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 12, 2009
He should not even get a hour of free time after doing this to women after women!

“Hey I just got here...”

Since: May 09

Nashville area

#2 Oct 12, 2009
None wrote:
He should not even get a hour of free time after doing this to women after women!
It disgusts me that there are women who can't press charges against him because of the statute of limitations.

He should fear for his life out of prison, if ya ask me.
Reader

United States

#3 Oct 12, 2009
KateB wrote:
<quoted text>
It disgusts me that there are women who can't press charges against him because of the statute of limitations.
Kate, I could not agree with you any more. You are so right, he should fear for his live.
VANN

Smyrna, TN

#4 Oct 12, 2009
KateB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure if there are victims whose rights have expired or not, Kate.

He was put under a John Doe (identity established by the dna)indictment several years ago and that should stop the running of the statute of limitations.

I have no sympathy for him. One of his victims was the fiance' of a good friend of mine. It ended their relationship and has effected every day of her and her daughter's lives since it happened.

He is like a mad dog and "thank you" to the police for capturing him and the prosecutors for nailing him.

“Hey I just got here...”

Since: May 09

Nashville area

#5 Oct 12, 2009
VANN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure if there are victims whose rights have expired or not, Kate.
He was put under a John Doe (identity established by the dna)indictment several years ago and that should stop the running of the statute of limitations.
I have no sympathy for him. One of his victims was the fiance' of a good friend of mine. It ended their relationship and has effected every day of her and her daughter's lives since it happened.
He is like a mad dog and "thank you" to the police for capturing him and the prosecutors for nailing him.

I watched the NBC show on him the other night. I was interupted a few times, but I could have sworn that they stated the lawyer/victim interviewed and some others that weren't interviewed, could not prosecute because of the time frame. I could very well be wrong, but that's what I thought I heard during the broadcast towards the beginning/first half.

If I'm wrong on that point, I apologize. But I do not apologize or change my opinion about how much he disgusts me and how hopeful I am for his victims' recovery.
VANN

Smyrna, TN

#9 Oct 13, 2009
PNUT BUTTER LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
At least with serious substance abuse....there are always some type of signs....mood swings, personality change, weight loss, lethargy, sores and other changes in the skin and so on. With Jason's sickness, there were NO signs whatsoever.
I wonder if having this secret life was part of the allure of commiting these crimes? A secret known only to him may have tasted especially sweet when he was around his 'decent' friends like you and your family.

But he is a serial rapist, and who knows how they think. They have snakes in their heads.
Mama

United States

#10 Oct 13, 2009
PNUT BUTTER LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you remember when Jason was first apprehended that I made the statement that I have known him and his ex-wife Sharma for quite a few years. I don't know how many times I had them over for dinner and they had me over for dinner. Needless to say, I was shocked and completely floored when I learned that Jason was the wooded rapist. I looked back now and never once were there ever any indications that he was anything other than a nice guy and good friend. It gives me chills now to think it might have been me or my daughters that he tried to rape.
He's definitely a very sick individual and I don't look for him to survive prison. Which is just fine with me......his victims deserve some kind of justice and his death would be the greatest justice there could be.
Good Lord Pnut Butter: no kidding- I bet this DID shock you to find out about this guy.. SIGH!... I remember watching 20/20 or 48hrs, just LAST week on this-- How horrible it was and the Nashville Attorney spoke about him this morning also..
I couldnt imagine....
jesus follower

Palm Harbor, FL

#11 Apr 14, 2012
Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord Pnut Butter: no kidding- I bet this DID shock you to find out about this guy.. SIGH!... I remember watching 20/20 or 48hrs, just LAST week on this-- How horrible it was and the Nashville Attorney spoke about him this morning also..
I couldnt imagine....
I was a little shocked at first. Jason was a good friend of my now ex husband. He came to our house a few times for dinner. I met him once at the request of my ex husband to take him somthing he needed. His behavior was odd to say the least. Gave me the creeps for weeks afterward. I remember telling my ex that I would not do it again. Thank you Lord for watching over me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a choice? 7 min Uppity Gay Man 364
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 2 hr big man 597
Speak English not Spanish in the workplace 2 hr Sigh 11
New world Order-Sustainable Developement (Sep '15) 2 hr ivey 2
Meghan Markle 2 hr Royal Creeps 35
Trump keeps winning 3 hr citizen aware of ... 276
News Students Return To School Burnt Down By Arsonis... (Aug '09) 3 hr Dylan S 12
Elect A Good Mayor 9 hr agree 46

Nashville Jobs

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages