When are they going to Legalize Weed ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hillbillyboy

United States

#45 Apr 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the most arrogant post ever. I live in Tennessee and it will be legal here soon enough. Give it ten years.
Also if you talking about moral standards in the biblical sense, there is nowhere in the bible that says you can't smoke weed. The only thing wrong with it is that it's illegal.
You are correct in that pot isnt any more forbidden by the Bible than wine (booze).

It is the sub-culture stigma associated with illegal drug abuse that is offensive to Tennesseans.

Booze never really did constitute a sub-culture. So it is perceived differently.
stupid

Antioch, TN

#46 Apr 12, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct in that pot isnt any more forbidden by the Bible than wine (booze).

It is the sub-culture stigma associated with illegal drug abuse that is offensive to Tennesseans.

Booze never really did constitute a sub-culture. So it is perceived differently.
So no bootleggers or such as been caused by booze?
Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Knoxville, TN

#47 Apr 13, 2013
Legalize it.... it's he only thing that makes sense.
found this stupid site
http://www.whatisinmybutt.com
So funny but I don't know why...
Gage Dycus

Murfreesboro, TN

#48 Apr 13, 2013
Elijah? Webster?
Ole boy

Jonesborough, TN

#50 Jul 12, 2013
Man Made bear god made pot how would you trust :)
cndiaye

Knoxville, TN

#51 Jul 19, 2013
Personally, I've never seen the appeal of smoking pot, but to each his own. The only problem I have with legalization is for living situations such as apartments and condos. Others have the right to put whatever they want into their own bodies, but so do those who don't want to be inhaling it.

I think we would just need to find some way to write the law so that it's striking some sort of a balance, so that both smokers and non-smokers right to choose their exposure is respected.
yum

La Vergne, TN

#52 Jul 22, 2013
cndiaye wrote:
Personally, I've never seen the appeal of smoking pot, but to each his own. The only problem I have with legalization is for living situations such as apartments and condos. Others have the right to put whatever they want into their own bodies, but so do those who don't want to be inhaling it.

I think we would just need to find some way to write the law so that it's striking some sort of a balance, so that both smokers and non-smokers right to choose their exposure is respected.
That's what edibles are for such as chocolates, cookies, cakes pretty much anything can be cooked with THC oil. Non smokers in condos and apartments could be pleased if it were legalized.
leglize pot

United States

#54 Jan 2, 2014
I think it should be u know it helps people its don't kill u if people will stand up we can do this I live in Tennessee
Sky High

Cambridge, MA

#55 Jan 18, 2014
since when wrote:
since when has tennessee took the smart route? Anyone? As a state we are a joke, national one for the money traps catching the drug money but letting the drugs travel through the state. Legalizing it would put a hurt in several political pocketbooks or someone who is their relations. Would make sense but then again same question.
You've got that right. crooked judges, lawyers. and politicians keep Tennessee screwed up.
Norm

Maryville, TN

#56 Jan 18, 2014
We're still in the last throws of the old southern aristocracy that is very similar to the Indian Cast System. You must stay in your place, and let your elders tell you what you can and cannot do.

I disagree with Steve Cohen on several issues. However, he's one of our srtongest allies in this fight.
danny goodman

Dandridge, TN

#57 Nov 8, 2014
weed is less harmful than alachol or sigerates. does more good for the mind an body. rec. use could solve problems before they became a mfdical issue.
Zebo

Mckenzie, TN

#58 Nov 29, 2014
Cannabis/Marijuana/Pot will never, never, never be legalized in Tennessee. Never Prove me wrong; Never; Na Na...Na Na...Na Na...Naaa.
Jim

Joelton, TN

#59 Dec 1, 2014
Never!! We don't need any of you dope smoking hippies around here!
Melvin

Gleason, TN

#60 Dec 3, 2014
Jim is right. In fact, I'll go one better. If states keep Legalizing, I submit that marshal law be enacted to stamp out this silliness of states rights in favor of the Fed and to put an end to this foolishness of individual rights and liberty. And, also, to re-affirm UN drug conventions over constitutional law.

Also, we should bring back absolute monarchy and smote the republic in favor of state sponsored moral law as such monarch deems appropriate.
CCG

United States

#61 Dec 5, 2014
TN won't set any trends when it comes to legalization, but will follow the crowd when federal decriminalization takes place within a few years.
Melvin

Milan, TN

#62 Dec 6, 2014
Where art thou, ThomasA? We need your input and learned experience to get Marshal Law imposed and put an end to this stupid sense of liberty.
Rick

Milan, TN

#63 Dec 6, 2014
Don't woory about ThomasA. He got banned over a rant about the homeless on this forum. WAA..HAA..HAA!
TARZAN

Mckenzie, TN

#64 Dec 11, 2014
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER will it be legalized in the U.S.A./DC/Tennessee. NEVER!!!!!!!!

Prove me wrong, I dare you!
Moderate

Livingston, TN

#66 Jan 16, 2015
Never because most Tennesseeans are conservatives and the places that have legalized cannabis are liberal states. Isn't it a major crime to posses more than one gram in TN? & It's also a major crime to possess a bunch of little baggies because it can be considered paraphernalia,right? The point is we have the strictest drug laws and I honestly believe we would be one of the last states to legalize it. I'm not saying I'm against it but I'm saying it probably won't happen.
DonJulio

Nashville, TN

#67 Feb 24, 2015
Moderate wrote:
Never because most Tennesseeans are conservatives and the places that have legalized cannabis are liberal states. Isn't it a major crime to posses more than one gram in TN? & It's also a major crime to possess a bunch of little baggies because it can be considered paraphernalia,right? The point is we have the strictest drug laws and I honestly believe we would be one of the last states to legalize it. I'm not saying I'm against it but I'm saying it probably won't happen.
finally a voice of reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands support and protest Trump rally in Na... 4 min Trumpster 98
Red Necks of Nashville and Surrounding Area! 23 min LOL 4
Tell Weak Trump to Practice what he Talks Brin... 15 hr Charlie Bob 52
Minnesota senator al franken 17 hr Nobama 8
Club ménage (May '11) 18 hr that dude- 233
Any women 45 and older been with a younger guy? 19 hr shhhhhhhh 52
News Strip Club With Controversial Twist Sets Sights... (Aug '09) Thu Poetnariet 130

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages