United States

#22 Jan 11, 2013
There is a petition on the web site change.org
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#23 Jan 11, 2013
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>there is a petition to sign on change.org
Petitions aren't worth the waste of time. If you want laws changed,you have to be willing to hit the streets,put yourself out there, and get with your elected officials face to face to let your feelings be known.
Neal Cassaddy

United States

#25 Jan 25, 2013
Tenn will never legalize recreational use nor will it ever pass a medicinal marijuana law.

It takes an enlightened, educated, compassionate, intelligent legislature to do so and that doesn't exist in Tenn.

Have you ever watched those clowns on tv? Do so and you'll see what I mean.

Plus if legalized it would dry up a major source of revenue for the courts (fines), seizures (thefts of property) by the various parasites in state and local govt and reduce the number of inmates in the prisons/jails which would cause layoffs in the prison-industrial complex.

If you want your doobie, you'll have to move to another state.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#26 Jan 26, 2013
WildWood Flour wrote:
Why not legalize it and let the farmers grow it like tobacco and compete lowering the price and reducing crime to steal money to buy it. Let's get this back to the days when a nickle was a $5.00 item. Maybe we woud be peaceful again.
By the time the state established the rules and restrictions for legalized growers,distributors,retail places,and then added taxes on taxes like on liquor,legal weed would be VERY expensive. Then having large amounts of untaxed product in your possession to avoid the high priced stuff would get you Federal time like moonshiners get. Enforcement would come from the ATF and not the local Barney Fifes.
Willie

Kingston Springs, TN

#27 Jan 26, 2013
harley rider wrote:
All the other States are voting it in why don't Tn. vote it in more taxes for the State..........
Be careful. I can tell you're either stupid or high right now just by your English skills. If you want to toke up, that's okay. But don't ever, EVER leave your house again. You can do whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. But stupid people who want to fu*k with their brains don't have a right to be out in public and should be sterilized to spare us the expense of having to teach their kids the difference between "doesn't" and "don't".
acfd29

Thomasville, NC

#28 Jan 26, 2013
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the point 65% of TN evidently are Republicans. Republicans will never legalize weed, or do anything else that makes sense.
I'm a republican and would still back this 100% and II know a ton of people wino would also. We live in a type of Bible belt where everyone smokes pot but no one wants to talk about it.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#29 Jan 26, 2013
acfd29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a republican and would still back this 100% and II know a ton of people wino would also. We live in a type of Bible belt where everyone smokes pot but no one wants to talk about it.
Not "everyone" ! Just those few who aren't smart enough to realize they are screwing with their job and future if they just happen to get in a situation to be tested and have a history of drug use on their work records.
jacklefty

Brentwood, TN

#30 Jan 30, 2013
i don't need sex...the government f***s me everyday
just legalize and tax it thats all you gotta do
Vincent Price

Johnson City, TN

#31 Jan 30, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
Even if it were legal to posess and use small amounts,it still wouldn't allow you to have it in your system if you worked in a company that has a zero tolerance drug policy. Also if you have it in your system and get hurt on the job, you get fired and have little chance for any compensation other than a basic patch-up job whether it was your fault or not because you would be violating company policy.The state or Feds can't force workplace rules for employees to change until they agree to drop workplace rules and restrictions like workman's comp and OSHA that companies have to follow,like turning back the clock one hundred years.
The facts are that if they did happen to legalize it provide more jobs within our atmosphere than it would cost us jobs due to drug testing, etc.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#33 Jan 30, 2013
Vincent Price wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are that if they did happen to legalize it provide more jobs within our atmosphere than it would cost us jobs due to drug testing, etc.
The main push is for prescribed medical use,not anytime,anywhere use. If you were sick enough to need it for chemo or radiation, you would be at home anyway on sick leave. Even if the laws were relaxed, you still couldn't have it in your system at work or driving.Getting a "Drug Related Dismissal" or a "DUI" on your records doesn't do much for your financial situation. Growing for personal comsumption would be closely monitored and having one plant over the limit or selling your overstock would get you jail time. School zones have strict laws for guns and drugs. Getting stopped near a school night or day even in the street could get you automatic jail time if the judge sees fit.
HappyGoLucky

Nashville, TN

#34 Feb 4, 2013
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the point 65% of TN evidently are Republicans. Republicans will never legalize weed, or do anything else that makes sense.
I'm a republican and know many of them, all of which would vote for it. Its all about educating those who still think its a gateway drug and show them the benefits.
poteveryday

Clinton, TN

#35 Feb 20, 2013
thats bullshit that its illegal because its awesome. alcohol kills its legal. tobacco kills its legal. but weed is not bad at all and heals ad helps people in many ways but its illegal. screw the republicans. they need to open there eyes up and snapback to reality. the republicans are probaly all potheads too.
Cheech

Madison, TN

#36 Feb 20, 2013
It is legal. If the cops didnít see it, I didnít do it!
timbo

Hermitage, TN

#37 Mar 29, 2013
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in TN they did not. They proposed doing a year long study(more than a year ago) than after that year they told everyone that they would listen to testimony and look at the research data from the year long study.(After a year) The TN legislature did nothing that said they would. They never looked at the study, they had people show up to provide testimony and then they never let anyone speak. Tennessee is about 2 to 3 decades behind most of the country. TN has no plans for Medical help for those suffering.
,,,ur EXACTLY right when it comes to ten not caring about the suffering, tn's #1 concern & goal is $$$ THATS IT!! they're so concerned about who & how they can lock the next person up and how they can rid all the pills. I am in pain mgmt now and have an unbelievably hard time just getting my scripts filled ANYWHERE in nash because nobody will stock what I get, so I ask the last pharmacist that actually had n filled my script why n whats about to happen for ppl that are suffering and in need of their meds and she says they're working right now to make a NON-narcotic pain pill and will VERY VERY soon be NO MORE narc pain meds. So I asked her "what if they don't help some ppl?" Her reply was "oh well, I guess they'll just have to learn to deal with it, at least here in TN". Point is plain n simple TENNESSEE SUX AND THEY DO NOT CARE!!
pills kill

Nashville, TN

#38 Mar 30, 2013
timbo wrote:
<quoted text>,,,ur EXACTLY right when it comes to ten not caring about the suffering, tn's #1 concern & goal is $$$ THATS IT!! they're so concerned about who & how they can lock the next person up and how they can rid all the pills. I am in pain mgmt now and have an unbelievably hard time just getting my scripts filled ANYWHERE in nash because nobody will stock what I get, so I ask the last pharmacist that actually had n filled my script why n whats about to happen for ppl that are suffering and in need of their meds and she says they're working right now to make a NON-narcotic pain pill and will VERY VERY soon be NO MORE narc pain meds. So I asked her "what if they don't help some ppl?" Her reply was "oh well, I guess they'll just have to learn to deal with it, at least here in TN". Point is plain n simple TENNESSEE SUX AND THEY DO NOT CARE!!
So leave then.... Pill heads don't have a place around here.
ANTI ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#39 Mar 30, 2013
just a idea wrote:
Why not start a petition or something to show your political officials.. Show them the people back it...
http://154.tinypic.com/21m9zpk.jpg
munniehunnie29yr old

Newport, TN

#41 Apr 3, 2013
harley rider wrote:
All the other States are voting it in why don't Tn. vote it in more taxes for the State..........
Then move to another state
Tired of every body wanting every thing to be the same.

BORING!
Hillbillyboy

Robbins, IL

#42 Apr 5, 2013
Tennessee is not California.

We have higher moral standards, and we do not subscribe to the current "trash culture" that some of our posters here do.

So, unless you want to be a criminal and have to look over your shoulder all the time, then quit using weed, or get out of Tennessee.

Cuz sooner or later, you will be caught and go to jail over using weed in Tennessee.

And not too many people in Tennessee will feel sorry for you either.

Most will just be glad your off the streets.

But the road to California is still open. If you want legalized weed, then you gotta go there.

You cant have it here, period.
smh...hicks

Nashville, TN

#43 Apr 6, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:

We have higher moral standards, and we do not subscribe to the current "trash culture" that some of our posters here do.

So, unless you want to be a criminal and have to look over your shoulder all the time, then quit using weed, or get out of Tennessee.

Cuz sooner or later, you will be caught and go to jail over using weed in Tennessee.

But the road to California is still open. If you want legalized weed, then you gotta go there.

You don't "use" weed you smoke it... I prefer our "trash culture" better then your backwoods narrow minded ways..
Adam

Knoxville, TN

#44 Apr 12, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
This is the most arrogant post ever. I live in Tennessee and it will be legal here soon enough. Give it ten years.

Also if you talking about moral standards in the biblical sense, there is nowhere in the bible that says you can't smoke weed. The only thing wrong with it is that it's illegal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 29 min Xstain Fumblement... 356
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Say What 9,456
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 5 hr Channel 5 wins 1,563
Turn in litterbugs!!! Especially those who thro... 8 hr George 2
Miley Cyrus did RU mom and dad hug u pasties te... 17 hr grow up 14
Help repair Amy's smile 22 hr robert critchley 1
Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas dies in car ac... Mon So sad 2
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search