When are they going to Legalize Weed in Tn.

Posted in the Nashville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
harley rider

La Follette, TN

#1 Nov 7, 2012
All the other States are voting it in why don't Tn. vote it in more taxes for the State..........

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 7, 2012
never
terry

Asheboro, NC

#3 Nov 7, 2012
I think that TN and all states need to legalize marijuana! Legalizing it would save law enforcement loads of money to put towards fighting real crime giving them raises which I think they very well deserve, they put there life on the line!! Also by legalizing it you cut the cartel out of it and the taxes alone would give the states the revenu to get out of debt!!!!!!!!!!
since when

Dallas, TX

#4 Nov 7, 2012
since when has tennessee took the smart route? Anyone? As a state we are a joke, national one for the money traps catching the drug money but letting the drugs travel through the state. Legalizing it would put a hurt in several political pocketbooks or someone who is their relations. Would make sense but then again same question.
just a idea

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Why not start a petition or something to show your political officials.. Show them the people back it...
The Real Truth

Nashville, TN

#6 Nov 8, 2012
terry wrote:
I think that TN and all states need to legalize marijuana! Legalizing it would save law enforcement loads of money to put towards fighting real crime giving them raises which I think they very well deserve, they put there life on the line!! Also by legalizing it you cut the cartel out of it and the taxes alone would give the states the revenu to get out of debt!!!!!!!!!!
It costs this country more than 50 BILLION dollars a year to wage war on drugs. It is ridiculous! Unfortunately they have pretty much privatized our correctional system in this state and others. Which means they have to fill up the jails so Rich people can make money from housing inmates. Build a jail for 5 million charge the state 58 million.....money, money, money.
The Real Truth

Nashville, TN

#7 Nov 8, 2012
just a idea wrote:
Why not start a petition or something to show your political officials.. Show them the people back it...
Did you miss the point 65% of TN evidently are Republicans. Republicans will never legalize weed, or do anything else that makes sense.
just a idea

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2012
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Did you miss the point 65% of TN evidently are Republicans. Republicans will never legalize weed, or do anything else that makes sense.
Well if that's the case then why did a dominate republican tn legislature pass a medical cannabis earlier this year?
Drmarketing

El Monte, CA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Mjna is the way to go, weed heals pills kill! Which one r u safe with your grown kids doing after being sent of to college being sick and need a persciption drug to take the pain away and end up n the emergency room for a pump stomach!
Flim Flam

Nashville, TN

#10 Nov 12, 2012
I seriously doubt that it will ever pass in TN. One of the reasons is listed by "Since When" above. There is too much money in Law enforcement. Reason 2, the liquor distributors have a powerful lobby and they don't like the competition. Reason 3, Extreme right wing religious nuts.
The Real Truth

Nashville, TN

#11 Nov 12, 2012
just a idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if that's the case then why did a dominate republican tn legislature pass a medical cannabis earlier this year?
Not in TN they did not. They proposed doing a year long study(more than a year ago) than after that year they told everyone that they would listen to testimony and look at the research data from the year long study.(After a year) The TN legislature did nothing that said they would. They never looked at the study, they had people show up to provide testimony and then they never let anyone speak. Tennessee is about 2 to 3 decades behind most of the country. TN has no plans for Medical help for those suffering.
Mishmash

United States

#12 Nov 13, 2012
True, we will probably be one of the last states to legalize. The federal government has to give it up soon though. Federal law supersedes state law, but this is clearly what the people want and have voted for in Colorado and Washington. They have to give that choice to the people. The federal law has to change, if it doesn't change within the next ten years I will be shocked. Then we will have to go through the state, which could get sticky, but there are plenty of libertarians in Tn to help push that through. Not to mention the closet smokers. :)
countrygirlhippy

Mcminnville, TN

#13 Dec 11, 2012
When will Tennessee try and vote on legalization again? Sorry, I don't understand things like that. I've never been involved in voting or anything, although as i'lm getting older, I'm starting to get that urge. lol I tend to think everything isn't up to us the people anyway, but up to our state and government to do what they want....and anyone that wants to get all offensive or be a DA, keep it to yourself and kiss my a**. Cause, I really don't care....
not sure..

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 11, 2012
I think early 2013 they my try to pass it thru idk if it'll make it to the people tho.
WildWood Flour

AOL

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Well they legalized gambeling and horrfying TV shows so it's obvious mafia already rules the state

Why not legalize it and let the farmers grow it like tobacco and compete lowering the price and reducing crime to steal money to buy it. Let's get this back to the days when a nickle was a $5.00 item. Maybe we woud be peaceful again.
mack

Alexandria, TN

#16 Dec 15, 2012
just a idea wrote:
Where do I sign?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Even if it were legal to posess and use small amounts,it still wouldn't allow you to have it in your system if you worked in a company that has a zero tolerance drug policy. Also if you have it in your system and get hurt on the job, you get fired and have little chance for any compensation other than a basic patch-up job whether it was your fault or not because you would be violating company policy.The state or Feds can't force workplace rules for employees to change until they agree to drop workplace rules and restrictions like workman's comp and OSHA that companies have to follow,like turning back the clock one hundred years.
elijah

Thomasville, NC

#19 Dec 26, 2012
just sayin..I know a shit ton of people who smoke weed everyday. Legalize it and make a bunch if people happy.
greenthumb

United States

#20 Dec 26, 2012
Know where I can get some?
Amber

United States

#21 Jan 11, 2013
just a idea wrote:
there is a petition to sign on change.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Don't Say Gay' bill clears TN Senate (May '11) 35 min Wondering 72
C.O.C. or The Confederation of Clubs (Jun '10) 2 hr guythatsawit 30
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 3 hr fan 1,546
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr ProfileOne 8,638
Women answere this 8 hr Drpecker 24
18 yr old girl interested in men 10 hr Website Operator 3
ED SHEERAN concert Mon jjean 1
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs