Classic Muscle Goes Broke And Shuts Its Doors Once Again

The focus of a recent NewsChannel 5 investigation is now out of business. Classic Muscle, a company that specialized in restoring old cars, has now shut its doors. Full Story
EDDIE

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 8, 2008
About Time!!!This guy definitely got what he deserved. About 5 years ago i was conn into being his business partner in the auto business. Though i loss only 3,000 dollars it was still money that i did not get back. Serves him right, I prayed to GOD that it would come back to him, and it did!JERK!!
another victim

Nashville, TN

#2 Dec 9, 2008
Glad he's gone for now!
Never suprised

Russellville, KY

#3 Dec 9, 2008
I can tell you where your money went.....I played cards with this gentleman at Harrah's in Metropolis, Ill. Everyone treated him like he was a regular.
By the way....Daddy always said....Never pay for your work upfront!!!
John

Nashville, TN

#4 Dec 9, 2008
This guy needs a beat down
Another sucker

Cookeville, TN

#5 Dec 9, 2008
And I should know, Nezer taged me for around $60,000 from the first Classic Muscle scam. I had bought several cars to restore and resell. Nezer's M.O. was to give you a cheap up front price for all the work so you would supposedly know exactly what you were going to have as a total in the car. The catch was that you paid up front. I thought I was being very diligent in by showing up to inspect work every week. There was always some small work done but nothing ever got finished and there were always new cars showing up which were being started. At one point there were so many cars in process that if they finished one a day they would never run out of work. The problem was they never finished anything and the house of cards that they had built came crashing down on customers like me. The employees were very talented but the way Nezer had it set up they had to constantly move from one car to another to make money. He screwed his employees too. There were many who never got paid for the work they did because he convinced them to work on a contract basis which I'm now sure was illeagal. I'm still mad about the whole thing but I'm more mad at myself for leting greed get the best of me. Because greed makes you want to believe a con man. Nezer is a crook in the worst way and has no remorse. I hope the he stays in jail so he can't do this to more people, because if given the chance he will do it again. He has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars in these two scams, what would make anybody think he would'nt do it again given the chance. I would like to thank Channel 5 for helping to get this guy off the street. Keep up the good work.
Samantha Shelton

Morrison, TN

#6 Dec 9, 2008
The funny thing about this is that my family had an old plymouth baracuda and we paid for him to do work to it. He didnt do the work and practically stole our car "moved it to a different location without our permission or even telling us". When we found out he didnt work on it we cancelled the check we sent him so he took us to court where we where called the crooks.
Bigcav

Nashville, TN

#7 Dec 9, 2008
I know a guy that worked for him. He said, that Nezer was selling the missing parts on Ebay.
Tex Engler

Russellville, KY

#8 Dec 9, 2008
I have owned and operated a restoration facility in the public eye for 7 years,and have been doing this for about 20 years.This kind of publicity puts a black eye on this industry,which is pretty much funded buy discretionary spending.We in this business,for the most part,are craftsmen and take our responsabilities very seriously.In my facility we discuss the project,find out the scope of it and then proceed,NEVER DO WE TAKE ANY MONEY UP FRONT!!!.After we perform 40 hrs of work we then submit a bill.The only time we will ask any customer to pay in advance is when we have to make a major parts purchase,everything else is handled on a weekly bases.WE ALSO REQUEST OUR CLIENTS TO FOLLOW THE WORK AND BILLING.We also have a website( www.dreamrodz.com )that they can go to and see the progress of their vehicle.The next question is,Do we make mistakes?The answer is,YES,but we correct our mistakes.My advice to anyone wanting to do any kind repair to any vehicle is that you check out the shop and talk to their customers,if the owner does not like to do this GO ELSEWHERE!!!The bad part of this is that there is not many shops that dedicate themselves to this kind of work.Sincerly,Tex.Tex Engler's Rod & Kustomwerks.

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#9 Dec 9, 2008
I am just shocked how many people let him get away with this. I would have never paid up front and if I did I surely would have filed theft charges on him.
SomeOne

Springfield, TN

#10 Dec 9, 2008
Don't drop the soap in the prison shower, Mike...Ha, ha ha. Finally, your crap has come full circle. I guess his girl Faye needs a new candy man. Don't touch that!
SomeOne

Springfield, TN

#11 Dec 9, 2008
Faye? she's scary & just as guilty!
Melody G Williams

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 9, 2008
Classic Muscle seems to be victimized by someone other than the owner of the company. It was stated that he was being held in a Kentucky jail for a worthless $40,000 check. If he was not the accountant of his own company, why would he write a check for that much, not knowing that the money would not be available and it would result in an insufficient check that would cause him an arrest. I think you need to do some more investigating, and find out why the accountant interviewed 'could not find the amount of 250,000 that should have been either deposited or withdrawn and that could only be done with the checks on that account!!!!
I am a former accountant, and I know that is the only process for a business. The do not usually use ATM's, and even if there were an ATM, the person doing the withdrawing on that account could be "investigated' to find out whom, and where...
Good Luck proving the businessman's innocence and "embezzlement on both counts" of his business in Nashville, and Kentucky!!!!!! If truly that be the case..., for it sure sounds {and looks like it} to me!!!
In other words "seek the banks [ATM videos and all] and paper checks, and statements that were written on this account and you will find the reason the money was not there when needed by the business owner.
39ford

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 9, 2008
My son was going to interview for a job there this summer. My gut told me to check him out beforehand & it was right. Just by googling him & company name, I found posts on ripoff.com stating Nezer had not paid employees and had taken parts from car owners. Of course, it's hard to know if these post are true or not, but now looks like they were. Also checked them out on better business bureau site and found numerous complaints filed against him. Also found that address under business license had changed four times in two years. My son went to the interview before I could relay this to him but luckily was able to tell Nezer was not legit. Quality of work on cars was poor and nothing seemed above board. Glad he is now getting his due. Sorry for customers though.
someonein greenbrier

Goodlettsville, TN

#14 Dec 10, 2008
go to muscle car in greenbrier then look for the myspace and look at the cars the girls pose on
Wes Libby

Spring Hill, TN

#15 Dec 17, 2008
I was some what fortunate as I got my motorcyle parts back even if it was not the color and quality it was suppose to be. It took getting the police involved to do so.
Never again

Twentynine Palms, CA

#16 Oct 4, 2013
I worked for that loser.... I got screwed out of some major cash...all of my tools stolen. Working there ruined my life. Seriously a major mistake not going with my gut on this one. Please if you ever see him walk in the opposite direction... Stay as far away from this clown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr WasteWater 3,490
cwb tbn Sun just saying 4
Universal kia Sun just saying 7
TENNESSEANS UNITED educating Tennesseans on me... Sun Honest 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Sat just saying 1,936
Standardized Tests are Necessary to Motivate Ac... Sat Culture Auditor 1
prostitutes (Mar '10) Jan 23 aaron 3
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web