Review: The Cat Shoppe
Kelly

Madison, TN

#1 Mar 6, 2013
DO NOT GO HERE!!
My friend adopted two kittens from The Cat Shoppe. After adopting them found out they had fleas and worms. She footed the bill and made sure to take care of them but also made sure to call The Cat Shoppe to inform them of this so they could check the other cats and the owner sounded like she could care less.

Also, they make house calls on you to check on the cats! Seven months after adopting them, one of the employees called her to ask if she could come see one of the cats because she had fostered them and wasn't there to say goodbye when they were adopted. Said it was not a house call or inspection. The lady then came into her home and basically told my friend she was raising the cats completely wrong saying the food she was feeding them was bad and even went so far as to say the name she gave one of the cats was dumb.

After the lady found out the kittens had been declawed she became very very angry and my friend was scared for her and her cats. Last week she got a letter demanding $1000 ($500 per cat) in damages to the Cat Shoppe because she declawed the cats.

This has taught me never to go to an adoption center like this, and to never let anybody in my house from a place I adopt them from.
Kelly

Madison, TN

#3 Mar 11, 2013
Barbara,
I honestly did not adopt there... so no quotes necessary.:)
I just wanted to point out to people that a lady from Cat Shoppe came into my friend's home under false pretenses and pretty much verbally assaulted her. Would you appreciate someone coming to your house and telling you you are raising your 7 cats wrong? This lady criticized everything from the names of the cats to the food my friend was feeding them.
I did see the contract actually. But circumstances arise and she had a decision to make. Her parents cats who she grew up with are 16 and are declawed as well and have lived a wonderful life... believe me I've played with them. As well as playing with the two kittens she adopted from Cat Shoppe. My friend takes beautiful care of those two cats and could have easily asked the Cat Shoppe to pay for the fleas and worms that came with them from the Cat Shoppe but she didn't. She called to inform them of that problem.
Yes, sure, she broke contract... sure. But like I said, would you like to have someone come to your home and verbally assault you and criticize you? THAT is why I will not adopt from them.
OMG

United States

#4 Mar 12, 2013
What a bunch of nonsense. Come on over to my ranch. I have 10 different cats that are all friendly that you can have for free!!!Non of the paperwork insanity. Every spring someone throws more kittens over the gate like they are trash and I get STUCK taking care of them. So, either come get them or I'm dropping them off at a shelter some where, if I do that much. Tired of paying for them. Come take them all!!!
Too funny

United States

#5 Mar 12, 2013
I'm on my way to your shop with a box full, so glad I know such a paranoid freak about cats. ENJOY!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 47 min Chowder 2,309
Bad Attitude 7 hr bad attitude 82
Cardinal 12 hr Black Eyes 2
synthetic urine work for dot physical (Jan '14) 13 hr Truck123 56
Craig Morgan 14 hr Country love 2
News State briefs: 'In God We Trust' may be on Ander... (Feb '13) 15 hr derp 95
tryin to start life over Wed mee 3
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE