Is everything in the Bible true?
Mystery

Cambridge, MA

#2 Nov 2, 2013
Hmm, Not One Comment.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 4, 2013
About 1% true. Certain places/people existed. Pretty much like most modern blockbuster movies. Thats about it.
Rew A new

Erin, TN

#4 Nov 5, 2013
Not all is true.

Some stuff has to be there, for other hidden agendas.
Southern gal

Lynchburg, VA

#5 Nov 5, 2013
Ever stop look up and just wonder which cloud Jesus will step out on? When that happens you won't have to wonder if the Bible is true.
Mystery

Herndon, VA

#6 Nov 5, 2013
Southern gal wrote:
Ever stop look up and just wonder which cloud Jesus will step out on? When that happens you won't have to wonder if the Bible is true.
Thanks S Gal, I wonder how many Christians read this and wouldn't make a comment. Stand Strong.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 5, 2013
What? Her comment made no sense at all. Its like saying "Ever look up and wonder which cloud a ufo will come out form behind?"
Tribe

Herndon, VA

#8 Nov 7, 2013
The more that the Bible is tested, the More Factual It Becomes. If GOD didn't Create Us, then how did we get here? did we spring from apes? where did apes come from? The TRUTH Is, The Bible. Nothing else makes sense. This Country was Founded On The BIBLE. isreal is so small but yet so powerful, Why? GOD!

Location hidden

#9 Nov 7, 2013
Guess I'll go in reverse order...

Israel is so small yet powerful because the United States, the most powerful country, is playing babysitter to it.

Making sense is your opinion. Out of 6 billion people, only 2 billion can be considered some kind of christian. Just know the majority of the world disagrees with you.

We did come from apelike ancestors. This is proven through both fossil evidence and dna. Even Francis Collins, an evangelical Christian and head of the Human Genome Project, says that DNA evidence alone proves common ancestery even if we had no fossils at all.

Most of the bible can't be tested. It is just hearsay by ancient peoples. Anything in it that can be tested has found to be false, from the great flood, to earth being flat, to the exodus from egypt, etc.
Southern gal

Faber, VA

#10 Nov 8, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Guess I'll go in reverse order...
Israel is so small yet powerful because the United States, the most powerful country, is playing babysitter to it.
Making sense is your opinion. Out of 6 billion people, only 2 billion can be considered some kind of christian. Just know the majority of the world disagrees with you.
We did come from apelike ancestors. This is proven through both fossil evidence and dna. Even Francis Collins, an evangelical Christian and head of the Human Genome Project, says that DNA evidence alone proves common ancestery even if we had no fossils at all.
Most of the bible can't be tested. It is just hearsay by ancient peoples. Anything in it that can be tested has found to be false, from the great flood, to earth being flat, to the exodus from egypt, etc.
if we came from apes,why do we have apes who stay apes?and you know the Bible says that Jesus will step out on a cloud. It's only the truth you wrestle with. Not because you don't believe, because if you admit God exist , you will have to feel guilty for your choices.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 8, 2013
A man cannot walk on a cloud, especially one that has been dead 2000 years. Why do you believe such nonsense?

Guilty for what choices? I live a more moral life that most Christians.

Morality is doing whats right no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right.

Why are there still apes? Well, lets put it this way. Most americans came from europeans. Thats like asking why we still have europeans.
Southern gal

Faber, VA

#12 Nov 8, 2013
southern alien wrote:
A man cannot walk on a cloud, especially one that has been dead 2000 years. Why do you believe such nonsense?
Guilty for what choices? I live a more moral life that most Christians.
Morality is doing whats right no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right.
Why are there still apes? Well, lets put it this way. Most americans came from europeans. Thats like asking why we still have europeans.
no really what's your answer to why apes don't evolve ?you are right a man cannot walk on a cloud,who said man? I said Jesus who rose from the dead and lives for ever more!
The Rev Frank Schaefer

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 8, 2013
Mystery wrote:
Is everything in the Bible true?
What do you mean by "true"?
The Rev Frank Schaefer

Dallas, TX

#14 Nov 8, 2013
Tribe wrote:
This Country was Founded On The BIBLE.!
How so? The bible isn't mentioned in the US Constitution.
Mystery

Herndon, VA

#15 Nov 8, 2013
Southern gal wrote:
<quoted text>no really what's your answer to why apes don't evolve ?you are right a man cannot walk on a cloud,who said man? I said Jesus who rose from the dead and lives for ever more!
Amen Sis. GOD Blinds some that will not see & Gives understanding to the ones that open their eyes to the light. You Can Not See if You Walk In Darkness.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 8, 2013
Southern gal wrote:
<quoted text>no really what's your answer to why apes don't evolve ?you are right a man cannot walk on a cloud,who said man? I said Jesus who rose from the dead and lives for ever more!
Your Jesus was just a man, if he existed. Probably didnt at all though.

As for the ape question, do you know a thing about evolution? A fully formed man didnt pop out of a modern day apes vagina at some point. Modern apes and man are both long, long, LONG decendents of a different primitive ape species millions of years in the past.
Southern gal

Faber, VA

#17 Nov 9, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Jesus was just a man, if he existed. Probably didnt at all though.
As for the ape question, do you know a thing about evolution? A fully formed man didnt pop out of a modern day apes vagina at some point. Modern apes and man are both long, long, LONG decendents of a different primitive ape species millions of years in the past.
ok I'll go to the Columbus zoo and wait to see me ape turn into bob Steve mike etc.not! Bologna , you are just afraid to admit you are under Gods watch.

Location hidden

#18 Nov 9, 2013
Again, you dont even know what evolution is so why are you arguing about it?

To see evolution you would have to wait there millions of years. Even then, you wouldnt get exact human beings again. You would have to have the same random mutations happen again in the same order.

If god was real, we should all be afraid of him. Especially you for being a woman. Women weren't treated well in the bible....
Southern gal

Faber, VA

#19 Nov 10, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Again, you dont even know what evolution is so why are you arguing about it?
To see evolution you would have to wait there millions of years. Even then, you wouldnt get exact human beings again. You would have to have the same random mutations happen again in the same order.
If god was real, we should all be afraid of him. Especially you for being a woman. Women weren't treated well in the bible....
really what about Mary? Rahab,Rachel ?etc.my point with apes is I could never see the evolution you speak of so,it's not worth arguing about. Think of it this way,if in fact I am wrong I got nothing to loose,you however will be lost forever ,

Location hidden

#20 Nov 10, 2013
Women were property in the bible. Forced into marriage, even with their rapists.

By 'never see' the evolution. You mean right in front of your eyes watch it happen? Tell me, have you seen the bible stories with your own eyes? They are just stories in a book with no evidence. We have empyrical proof of evolution.

Why do you think it is a 50/50 choice? There are hundreds of religions. If you choose the wrong one, you are going to THEIR hell! Are you afraid of going to Islamic or Atzec hell? What if you are wrong?

Furthermore, you are losing something by being wrong. This ONE life you get here on this earth is wasted spent on a mythical religion. All that time/money/energy could have been used to better things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did anyone else just see a UFO? 11 hr witness 5
What has happen to Nancy Van Camp? 18 hr Wanda 10
News Men Impersonate Sheriff Deputies To Scam Victim... (Jan '10) 20 hr Rob Buchanan 7
Nashville in the big time now, not the place I ... Mon ThomasA 4
Traffic Jam Sam Mon ILHBT 80
United nations Mon concerned 1
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! (Apr '15) Sun yea 20
Nancy Van Camp (Apr '12) Sun John 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages