Are they still open?
redneck

Knoxville, TN

#54 May 18, 2012
dont kno but wished i knew 2
Ganjalicious

Prattville, AL

#55 May 21, 2012
[email protected] <- maybe I can help you find a good place. Leave a number in the email.
Duh

United States

#56 May 21, 2012
You're gonna end up on Channel 5
Ganjalicious

Prattville, AL

#57 May 21, 2012
For recommending a clinic? I just don't wanna blow it up on here. That's not illegal
Nashville

Nashville, TN

#58 May 21, 2012
Still Open
incognito n lw

Hermitage, TN

#59 May 22, 2012
i called drmoores office a few minutes ago and was told they arent taking any new patients which sux cuz i been seeing a dr in georgia and am sick of driving there. ive got valid mris showing all good reason to take what i take. i have desication of the disc disease, 7 heirneated discs, neorpathy, paralysis, nerve damage and the list goes on.i was hit my a drunk driver a few years ago.he was uninsured and now i get to deal with this pain indefinitley. im a mom of four btw.. looking for a dr that will keep me on what i take now which isnt alot.just what i need to let me handle the pain and aches of living daily.i cant even bend over and hug my kids goodnight thanks to a drunk mixing alcohol with ambien.if you know of a good dr thats not running a risk of getting shut down or investigated by the dea or tbi an yo uplease let me know?" thx
yup

Cassville, GA

#60 May 26, 2012
Lisa, did you post this?
yup

Cassville, GA

#61 May 26, 2012
lisa D. that is
Ap akk

United States

#63 Jun 5, 2012
I have an appt monday r they open,?
interested

Cassville, GA

#64 Jun 8, 2012
I need the # to back to Wellness... I've either lost it or they've changed it... can anyone help?
angiefrom ohio

United States

#65 Jun 18, 2012
Can u help me my ga dr closed please email me at oldchevyfan1970
yeah

United States

#67 Jun 22, 2012
My, My, what a bunch of junkies on this site!
iknow

Campbellsville, KY

#69 Jun 24, 2012
this so called dr. moore killed my son and many more in newport, tn.and a so called (dr. brewer)..these people cares less about human life.im a nurse and i hope to meet him as soon as i can
Laurie

Cookeville, TN

#70 Jun 25, 2012
Get your facts straight: Dr Moore NEVER had a clinic in Newport TN & has NEVER worked w a Dr Brewer. Youve got the wrong doc. Sorry abt your son, but patients VOLUNTARILY go to these clinics and take the pills themselves. They often go in lying to doctors and provide false MRIs and information. The docs go on the information given. As a nurse, you should know this. I'm a nurse also, and have seen this happen x 10. Sure there are many docs, clinics, & PATIENTS who are in it solely for the $$, but there ARE good pain management doctors out there who are legigimate and care for patients. They, unfortunately, get lumped into the pile of thieves and dopers, which then helps no one. No one takes responsibilty for their actions, especially when a tragedy is involved, & no one wants to admit that just maybe the family member had a 'problem'. The waters are often muddy when it comes to pain management. Don't be so quick to cast stones.
GetReal

Nashville, TN

#71 Jun 25, 2012
Laurie wrote:
The waters are often muddy when it comes to pain management. Don't be so quick to cast stones.
I too am a nurse and the water isn't muddy at all. The water is crystal clear.

NO reptuable physician sets up a real pain management practice unless they can offer non-drug options. This person is DRUG SEEKING. They want to get LOADED. They want to know which doctors will get them HIGH. They are looking for a pill mill. What they need is treatment. They need to stop taking narcotic pain meds. There are many effective ways to treat pain that don't involve opiates/opiods. But this isn't about pain, it's about getting HIGH and we're making it too easy for people to get HIGH.

Until we shut down pill mills and take away the ability for these doctors to SELL PRESCRIPTIONS, take away their DEA numbers and suspend their licenses people will not seek treatment and will DIE.

The overwhelming majority of doctors who SELL DRUGS can't make a living practicing medicine. Read these posts.."He always gave me a few extra.." What do you think that means?

These doctors are no better than any drug dealer selling crack to people who prostitute themselves for a crack rock. It's no different. Muddy water my ass..
Laurie

Cookeville, TN

#72 Jun 26, 2012
GetReal....you need to get real...... you obviously have never had chronic pain patients who are poor candidates for non-invasive pain treatment. I agree there are several measures aside from opioid medications that can treat pain, however for some patients, medication is their only option. And under the care of a true & diligent physician, they do not turn into doctor-shopping, drug-selling, hopped up addicts. Many are dependent on opioid treatment because their pain has been horribly mismanaged by those doctors which you speak of; however, generalizing ALL physicians who treat chronic pain patients as doctors who "give a few extra..." does not include ALL physicians. You're a fool to lump them all into that same category.

Sure, there are doctors and patients who horribly abuse narcotics and the prescribing of narcotics. The problem is EVERYWHERE. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that one out. Many patients lie to doctors & doctors can only go on what they are told by the patient and the information given to them. If you're a nurse, & have ANY knowledge of the treatment of pain, you know you can't say a patient is not pain if he says that he is. And not all patients would benefit from the series of injections, spinal stimulation or surgery, or physical therapy, while these and many others are viable pain treatments. A good legit doctor usually exhausts all options before relying solely on narcotics. Pain management is a very difficult area, from the initial patient visit to deciding on the best treatment for the patient so that they can lead productive lives. Yes, there are pill mills and unsavory physicians and practices. We all know that. But to think it all is crystal clear is showing your superb ignorance.
Laurie

Cookeville, TN

#73 Jun 26, 2012
GetReal....you need to get real..... You obviously have very little knowledge of chronic pain treatments and chronic pain patients. Many patients are not optimal candidates for treatments other than opioid medication. They would not benefit from the series of injections, spinal stimulation or surgery, physical therapy, etc. Sure, these are very viable treatment options and aside from actual surgery, should be the first plan of action for treating these patients if they can tolerate the procedures. But to believe that no medication is needed to allow some patients to lead full productive lives is ridiculous. For some, medication is their only option, & to say otherwise shows your superb ignorance. To lump ALL physicians who treat pain patients in with those who "give a few extra...." is ludicrous. Yes, there are huge problems with patients AND doctors and narcotics. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. It's everywhere. But there are doctors who are legitimate and care for these patients who have been horribly mismanaged by previous doctors, and these are the patients you refer to who are doctor-shopping, drug-diverting, hopped up patients. And very difficult to handle and treat. Nothing about this area of medicine is 'crystal clear'. Open your eyes.
If you're a nurse, you know that if a patient comes in and says he is in pain, despite what offc notes or imaging reports dictate, you can not tell a patient that he is not in pain. The physician takes that information, and what the patient tells him, true OR false, and decides the best type of treatment for that patient. Narcotics are usually the last plan of action, if at all possible.
Your generalizing all pain management facilities, physicians, and patients as pill mills and drug dealers is preposterous.'Crystal clear' MY ass....
GetReal

Spring Hill, TN

#74 Jun 26, 2012
Laurie wrote:
GetReal....you need to get real..... You obviously have very little knowledge of chronic pain treatments and chronic pain patients. Many patients are not optimal candidates for treatments other than opioid medication. They would not benefit from the series of injections, spinal stimulation or surgery, physical therapy, etc. Sure, these are very viable treatment options and aside from actual surgery, should be the first plan of action for treating these patients if they can tolerate the procedures. But to believe that no medication is needed to allow some patients to lead full productive lives is ridiculous. For some, medication is their only option, & to say otherwise shows your superb ignorance. To lump ALL physicians who treat pain patients in with those who "give a few extra...." is ludicrous. Yes, there are huge problems with patients AND doctors and narcotics. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. It's everywhere. But there are doctors who are legitimate and care for these patients who have been horribly mismanaged by previous doctors, and these are the patients you refer to who are doctor-shopping, drug-diverting, hopped up patients. And very difficult to handle and treat. Nothing about this area of medicine is 'crystal clear'. Open your eyes.
If you're a nurse, you know that if a patient comes in and says he is in pain, despite what offc notes or imaging reports dictate, you can not tell a patient that he is not in pain. The physician takes that information, and what the patient tells him, true OR false, and decides the best type of treatment for that patient. Narcotics are usually the last plan of action, if at all possible.
Your generalizing all pain management facilities, physicians, and patients as pill mills and drug dealers is preposterous.'Crystal clear' MY ass....
So you are saying with a straight face that these pill mills in strip shopping centers, the ones described in this thread, the ones that people on here say are closed or open at the drop of a hat see narcotics as the last course of action? If you do, you are sincerely codependent and you are part of the patient's problem. You are an enabler. That's not my opinion, that's the postition that has been taken by 49/50 US boards of nursing. The only exception is Florida.

So I WILL tell people that their pain isn't going to kill them but their continued narcotic use will. Does your employer offer these people anything other than a prescription? The answer is NO! Because, as you can see from this thread, people are looking for one thing, narcotics. They don't have the balls to buy and shoot heroin and they don't think are sick enough to seek treatment. So they won't come back to see this doctor agaiin unless they KNOW they will leave with a prescription for narcotics.

I agree with you that there are real pain management physcians. They will work with patients until they are convinced that all the patient wants is to get high and they will refuse to fill their prescriptions. These are the doctors that I work for. They get results with people who want results. But they don't sell drugs to addicts. Take a serious look at yourself as a nurse. There is a big difference between helping someone and helpong someone kill themselves..you simply do not know the difference. Maybe you should look at working in a methadone clinic. At least those junkies are honest about what they want.
GetReal

Spring Hill, TN

#75 Jun 26, 2012
Laurie wrote:
patients who are poor candidates for non-invasive pain treatment.
and can you describe what "a patient who is a poor candidate for non-invasive pain treatment" looks like? Can't say I ever heard that one before?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eclipse gridlock around nashville 3 hr Fghatecrapsville 5
Menage Club (Feb '13) 7 hr DR PHIL 51
Tenn. Senator Corker 9 hr DR PHIL 17
You Are A Sick Person 11 hr Ooh WOW 5
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 14 hr Becky 214
Murder City USA 23 hr Concerned citizen 2
Nashville area 23 hr Guest 1

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance