Moving to Nashville area.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jontab

Ackerman, MS

#23 Dec 1, 2012
I will be relocating to Nashville in a few weeks. I will be working in the Green Hills area. I have a 7 year old son However, I am looking for a safe and affordable area to live. I am confused on which area to live. Any suggestion!
skowp

Nashville, TN

#24 Dec 3, 2012
You might want to look in the Bellevue area (37221 or area 2). It is close to Green Hills and the elementary schools there are great.
still me

United States

#25 Dec 24, 2012
I'm thinking moving out there..I'm a musician but not yet with record label.. not worried about money.. not a starving artist.. but like to be where there's people in same talent line.. i hope to be famous one day soon.. thanks an god bless all of you
Mommynyc

Westbury, NY

#26 Mar 6, 2013
Considering moving to nashville with my husband and son. I am from a suburb of NYC and have lives here my whole life. Coat of living is hard but if we moved down we would keep his NYC salary. Any thoughts!??? I'm so confused and unsure
boat boy

Oxford, OH

#27 Apr 7, 2013
good thing your a professional person i hope you make a good income because your going to need it to live in nashville.
crckrjck96

La Vergne, TN

#28 Apr 10, 2013
Doghousebass wrote:
My wife and I are moving from Indiana to the Nashville area this fall. We are both in our mid to later 30's, 3 children ages 2, 4 and 7. Any advice on what areas have the better schools, lower crime rate, small town feel but in the metro area. We have considered Ridgetop, Hermitage, Hendersonville and Smyrna. Any advice? How rough is East Nashville? Wrong area to raise childern? Thanks.
Franklin, Brentwood, Nolensville the 3 named are all within 10 min of each other and only 15 min from Nash. If you want to get the biggest house for the $ go to Murfreesboro Seigel School zone. A home that would cost 5-600,000 in Franklin/Brentwood would be around 3-350,000 in Murfreesboro. The Boro is 30 min from Nash
crckrjck96

La Vergne, TN

#29 Apr 10, 2013
Doghousebass wrote:
My wife and I are moving from Indiana to the Nashville area this fall. We are both in our mid to later 30's, 3 children ages 2, 4 and 7. Any advice on what areas have the better schools, lower crime rate, small town feel but in the metro area. We have considered Ridgetop, Hermitage, Hendersonville and Smyrna. Any advice? How rough is East Nashville? Wrong area to raise childern? Thanks.
No to East Nash, Smyrna . Traffic is horrific trying to go home to Hendersonville at evening rush hour
Native Nash

Weaverville, NC

#30 Apr 11, 2013
Born and raised in and around Nashville. Graduate of a Williamson county school but went to public and private in Davidson County. Your best bet is Williamson County b/c you will not pay for education. It's a private school education without spending the money. If you live in Davidson County the only way to ensure a good education is paying to live in Belle Meade, Forest Hills or Green Hills and attending those public schools but you can not be certain your child will not be bussed across town to another bad Davidson county school. This happened to my brother. He was sent to a school in North Nashville b/c they change the zoning very often!! Beware. Go for Franklin, Brentwood, Fairview or anywhere your child will be in Williamson County. If not, pay for a private school in Davidson county. Avoid Rutherford County. Schools are good but not as good as Williamson County. I would avoid Murfreesboro (Rutherford county) period. The commute to Nashville is horrible to and from work. I did it for years. I'm in my thirties with small children. I hope this helps!
john wilson

Duluth, GA

#31 Apr 18, 2013
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>East nashville is a horrible place to raise children. Smyrna is a GREAT place to live.
SMYRNA is garbage. Dont move there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Obama joins great guacamole debate 2 hr Toofargone 5
Melissa Foy 8 hr Kim Jin ill 2
Kurt dehut 8 hr Kim Jin ill 1
Review: Lynn Herron Merchandising Inc 8 hr Gain 2
no show 9 hr seeing red 21
walter ed edward walker born 1964 ohio 19 hr searching 1
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 22 hr Sylvester 2,454
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages