Doghousebass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

My wife and I are moving from Indiana to the Nashville area this fall. We are both in our mid to later 30's, 3 children ages 2, 4 and 7. Any advice on what areas have the better schools, lower crime rate, small town feel but in the metro area. We have considered Ridgetop, Hermitage, Hendersonville and Smyrna. Any advice? How rough is East Nashville? Wrong area to raise childern? Thanks.

Since: Dec 06

Nashville, Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

Doghousebass wrote:
My wife and I are moving from Indiana to the Nashville area this fall. We are both in our mid to later 30's, 3 children ages 2, 4 and 7. Any advice on what areas have the better schools, lower crime rate, small town feel but in the metro area. We have considered Ridgetop, Hermitage, Hendersonville and Smyrna. Any advice? How rough is East Nashville? Wrong area to raise childern? Thanks.
Hi, you might consider Nolensville as there are many new houses and condos going up at good prices. The area is in Williamson County which has great schools for younger children. Nolensville is very close to where I live, but less pricy and a real small town feel. I don't know what type of budget you are working on or where you will be working. I live in Nashville on the Brentwood Border, but I am told that the elementary schools are not that great here. My daughter is a HS senior and the HS is fine.We just moved here in July and next year she will be going to MTSU. I'm in Davidson County where the taxes are a bit higher than Williamson. If you can be out a little way from Nashville, you could try Springhill, also in Williamson County.In Williamson county you will find the better schools.
Smyrna is ok, but mostly older homes. Hendersonville is very nice, but can be pricier and I would pick Brentwood or Franklin vs Hendersonville since north of the city is more in the Tornado belt.
East Nashville, I don't think so, but not familar with that part of town.
I do have a great realtor if you want to email me. She sold me my home. She works for one of Nashville's oldest real Estates.
My email address is iv18@aol.com
Good Luck in your move.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

Some parts of East Nashville are ok. But stay away from Greenwood Avenue area, or the Howe Garden Apartments. This complex is run by slum lords so go figure. Very high crime area.

Lockland area is nice. Nashville is not a very safe place to be moving to, if you can try to locate in Hendersonville.
the queen

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

PoisonIvy wrote:
Some parts of East Nashville are ok. But stay away from Greenwood Avenue area, or the Howe Garden Apartments. This complex is run by slum lords so go figure. Very high crime area.
Lockland area is nice. Nashville is not a very safe place to be moving to, if you can try to locate in Hendersonville.
any opinions on murfreesboro?????

Nashville, Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

the queen wrote:
<quoted text>
any opinions on murfreesboro?????
Murfreesboro is less Pricy. You can get a lot for your money. The roads there are crowded as there is lots of shopping.
It's also home to a large State University, Middle Tennesssee State U, where my daughter will be going to in the fall.
the queen

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2007

DianeG wrote:
<quoted text>
Murfreesboro is less Pricy. You can get a lot for your money. The roads there are crowded as there is lots of shopping.
It's also home to a large State University, Middle Tennesssee State U, where my daughter will be going to in the fall.
thanks for responding

“Cow Girl Up !”

Since: Apr 07

Dickson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2007

Any Thing West Of Nashville is not to Bad,There is Fairview,Dickson,White Bluff, Kingstom Springs.None are to populated.

Nashville, Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2007

Judged:

Kalona wrote:
Any Thing West Of Nashville is not to Bad,There is Fairview,Dickson,White Bluff, Kingstom Springs.None are to populated.
Fairview is up and coming. Some of the Nissian Relocations from California decided to move there. Not crowded at all, its the country.
Kristen Bradley-Realtor

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2007

Being a Franklin, TN native and now a Nashville resident and TN Realtor I can tell you that any part of this city and the surrounding ones are great for raising a family and life in general. You can go to www.schoolsk-12.com for report cards on schools in TN and you will find that they are very reputable in Williamson county and various other locations. Nashville has been rated in the top 10 places to live nationally in several publications and political forums. I would love to help you in your relocation. You can visit my website www.NashvilleConnected.com for more information on me. Good Luck no matter where your journey leads you!
Doghousebass wrote:
Aunt Honey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

Try looking into the Brush Hill area of East Nashville - a quiet, tucked-away neighborhood only minutes from downtown.

All the best!
Rob

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2007

Doghousebass wrote:
East nashville is a horrible place to raise children. Smyrna is a GREAT place to live.
Diane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

I am moving to Nashville in the spring. I will be renting an apartment. Is Franklin and Brentwood nice areas to live. I visited Nashville a few weeks ago and really love it there. please get back with me at niosh1@aol.com. ty Di
Bigun

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>East nashville is a horrible place to raise children. Smyrna is a GREAT place to live.
Why is that?
Joe Friday

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Of those areas you named, Hermitage is nice. It's not too far out. There's easy access to Downtown straight up Lebanon Pike. There's good shopping. Nice houses. It's an older area of town, but home values have stayed pretty steady out there. As far as schools go, most of the schools are pretty fair. But no matter where you live, you could always apply to get into one of the Optional schools. Nashville has a couple of the best Optional and Magnet schools in the country. Pennington Elementary in Donelson seems to be a pretty nice school. And Glendale Spanish Immersion School is a very good elementary school, if you can get your kids in. As your kids get older, Meigs and Head Magnet are great middle schools, and Hume Fogg Magnet High School in Downtown was ranked in the Top 30 high schools in the country last year.
JJB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

I will be moving to the Nashville area in the next few weeks. I have visited Nashville multiple times, but am not very familiar w/ the different neighborhoods. I am in my 20's and on a tighter budget, but would like to live somewhere safe and convenient to everything. My fiance will be working downtown, and I currently do not know what part of town I will be working in so a slightly more central location may be necessary. We have been looking at apts and duplexes/townhomes, but will most likely end up in an apt at first. Any suggestions on apartments and neighborhoods would be greatly appreciated.
Kev

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

i'm moving to nashville in the next week or so. I need a place for me a single man and his dog. I want a safe place. I need a fresh start and a new begining. i have work lined up and no place yet? is the east side or other safe for me and dog? had some hardships and need a temp housing wfor large dogs..private 1 bedroom or small house to rent cheap
Calvin Settles II

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

No! East Nashville is not a terrible place to raise children. I grew up there and have experienced all the school systems there. This is actually a quite expensive place to live in. Take it from some one who have lived there his whole life. Not some one who listens to the crap they hear on the news. Houses are selling for $1,000,000 over here. We're about to sell ours for $600,000.
azjayme

Highland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

moving to nashville in two weeks and need a good area to move!!! i'm so confused by what is good and bad here! i'm a 35 yr old single professional woman who loves coffee houses wine and gyms...any areas like this???? help!!!!
CCC

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

I am looking to locate to the Nashville area with two young children. I am trying to find a good affordable safe area with good schools, and I would also be seeking employment in the field of education. Any ideas?
CCC

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Would like to be there by late December...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hattie B's Parking 12 min Out of Towner II 4
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 14 min Geeze 8,904
Grand Cross 2 hr guest 35
Double Music Promotion Booneville Ms 9 hr gospel music BEWARE 2
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 10 hr Jumpy Dude Meek 1,423
Gander Tue Goose 1
thong swimsuits Mon Al Henry 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000