Daycare faces eviction after legal fight

Jan 28, 2013 Full story: WSMV-TV 4 News 22

A longtime Nashville daycare operation is being evicted, leaving dozens of families in the lurch, after it found itself caught in the middle of a brutal legal battle over the role of sexuality in the Episcopal Church ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Jan 29, 2013
from WSMV-TV 4:

"The fight over sexuality and the Bible seemed like a legal disagreement between the Diocese of Tennessee and St. Andrew's Parish, but the innocent victim in all this is the daycare that sits on church property in Green Hills.

"Cooperative Child Care has had a successful model - no scandals, no issues and 30 years of quality service - but now it has been given six months to get out ...

"When the Diocese of Tennessee won its legal battle with St. Andrew's, it also won property of the church and the daycare just next door.

"The diocese wants that prime Green Hills location for office space, and with no legal obligation to honor a lease from St. Andrew's that stretched to June 2014, the diocese has given Cooperative Child Care until May 31 to vacate the premises."
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from WSMV-TV 4:
"The fight over sexuality and the Bible seemed like a legal disagreement between the Diocese of Tennessee and St. Andrew's Parish, but the innocent victim in all this is the daycare that sits on church property in Green Hills.
"Cooperative Child Care has had a successful model - no scandals, no issues and 30 years of quality service - but now it has been given six months to get out ...
"When the Diocese of Tennessee won its legal battle with St. Andrew's, it also won property of the church and the daycare just next door.
"The diocese wants that prime Green Hills location for office space, and with no legal obligation to honor a lease from St. Andrew's that stretched to June 2014, the diocese has given Cooperative Child Care until May 31 to vacate the premises."
I bet they will use the former daycare as an office/bath house.

Such good publicity for TEC.
Listen to the Word

Golden Valley, AZ

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Typical ELCA. Go apostate. Drive out those who disagree. Take their land and buildings. Kick out the day care.

Oh the wonder of being inclusive!

Instead of a functioning church and excellent day care, TEC will turn the church facilities into a den of iniquity where they can foster more perversion, hatred, and moral theft of property so they can do the same to other churches and day cares as they have done to these.

I just bet Jesus is looking down from heaven and saying "Way to go, TEC! That's just what I would have done!" -- or not!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Listen to the Word wrote:
Typical ELCA. Go apostate. Drive out those who disagree. Take their land and buildings. Kick out the day care.
Oh the wonder of being inclusive!
Instead of a functioning church and excellent day care, TEC will turn the church facilities into a den of iniquity where they can foster more perversion, hatred, and moral theft of property so they can do the same to other churches and day cares as they have done to these.
I just bet Jesus is looking down from heaven and saying "Way to go, TEC! That's just what I would have done!" -- or not!
What a bunch of sour grapes and old Baloney!

It's commercial real estate, for cryin' out loud!

The daycare operators lost their sweetheart lease and now have a couple of months to go looking for another spot to set up shop. Happens all the time.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of sour grapes and old Baloney!
It's commercial real estate, for cryin' out loud!
The daycare operators lost their sweetheart lease and now have a couple of months to go looking for another spot to set up shop. Happens all the time.
You are absolutely right. It is a commercial real estate deal involving a commercial landlord. The fact that it claims to be a "church" and a "Christian" one at that should never be allowed to influence anything it does. Kudos to the Episcopagans who canot be distinguished by their actions from the greedy capitalist pigs they so roundly and fequently condemn.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 7, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. It is a commercial real estate deal involving a commercial landlord. The fact that it claims to be a "church" and a "Christian" one at that should never be allowed to influence anything it does. Kudos to the Episcopagans who canot be distinguished by their actions from the greedy capitalist pigs they so roundly and fequently condemn.
What a nutty reply!

What excuse do you have?
George

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Nutty - a synonym perhaps for foolishness and what the Greeks considered the Gospel to be. I need no excuse, fake priest and apologist for rampant heresies. If and when Episcopagans start acting again like Christians, their actions won't engender "nutty" relies.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 8, 2013
George wrote:
Nutty - a synonym perhaps for foolishness and what the Greeks considered the Gospel to be. I need no excuse, fake priest and apologist for rampant heresies. If and when Episcopagans start acting again like Christians, their actions won't engender "nutty" relies.
Nutty, just the same.

You act like it is wrong for the Church to own and maintain real estate.

Such an attitude is essentially the same as Judas Iscariot's, who called for the expensive balm that Mary used on Jesus' feet to be sold to feed the poor.

You act as if you are on the outside, looking in, George. The door is open, George. You are welcome to enter. Just be sure to take time to prepare yourself and to dress for the occasion.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of Christ Jesus.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Feb 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutty, just the same.
You act like it is wrong for the Church to own and maintain real estate.
Rev. Ken
A fake priest and disciple of Christ Jesus.
Not at all. But if in its actions you cannot discern a difference from how the rest of the world conducts business, then it is certainly not a stretch to conclude that faith and discipleship do not guide TEO's decisions and actions. Do as I say, not as I do woud appear to be its policy whenmoney is concerned.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 8, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. But if in its actions you cannot discern a difference from how the rest of the world conducts business, then it is certainly not a stretch to conclude that faith and discipleship do not guide TEO's decisions and actions. Do as I say, not as I do woud appear to be its policy whenmoney is concerned.
LOL!!!...

You answer with a sarcastic, misguided critique of TEC's actions regarding the use and maintenance of their real property.

It is commercial real estate. In this case it is real estate that is determined to be best operated as central hub office space; not just a church with a lease to a non-associated daycare operation. Good stewardship of property has many facets, not the least of which is a decision-made balance realized between highest and best use, maintenance and bottom line.

Sorry, George. Your cynicism and desire to discredit The Episcopal Church has diminished your message.

Rev. Ken
George

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Feb 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, George. Your cynicism and desire to discredit The Episcopal Church has diminished your message.
Rev. Ken
Only in the eyes of those who choose to wear blinders and accept, without question, whatever slop 815 puts in front of him.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 8, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the eyes of those who choose to wear blinders and accept, without question, whatever slop 815 puts in front of him.
No.

You show a peculiar ignorance of finance and the obligations and responsibilities of commercial real estate stewardship.

Either that or you are simply exhibiting an obsessive turgidity toward The Episcopal Church.

Probably the latter, but you might be ignorant, too. But, if you really are a lawyer, as you say you are, it's probably the latter.

Why don't you just join the Presbyterians, instead of dwelling in your past tour through Episcopalianism? That's where most of the lawyers are. Calvinist ideas abound there and are conterminous with lawyerly self-aggrandizements. You'd be happy there.

Rev. Ken
George

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Feb 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You show a peculiar ignorance of finance and the obligations and responsibilities of commercial real estate stewardship.
Either that or you are simply exhibiting an obsessive turgidity toward The Episcopal Church.
Probably the latter, but you might be ignorant, too. But, if you really are a lawyer, as you say you are, it's probably the latter.
Why don't you just join the Presbyterians, instead of dwelling in your past tour through Episcopalianism? That's where most of the lawyers are. Calvinist ideas abound there and are conterminous with lawyerly self-aggrandizements. You'd be happy there.
Rev. Ken
And pomposity and entitlement are the hallmarks of false prophets -attributes that inhere in the self-importance you manifest.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Feb 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You show a peculiar ignorance of finance and the obligations and responsibilities of commercial real estate stewardship.Rev. Ken
BTW -When I do business with Christians, I expect them to manifest higher standards than exhibited in the marketplace. I have always done the same in dealing with clients and adversaries. If you were a priest and a disciple of Jesus, you would do the same. But as a fraud and a fake, I am not surprised that you expect no more of TEO than that in its business transactions, it act like landlords in general would.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 8, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW -When I do business with Christians, I expect them to manifest higher standards than exhibited in the marketplace. I have always done the same in dealing with clients and adversaries. If you were a priest and a disciple of Jesus, you would do the same. But as a fraud and a fake, I am not surprised that you expect no more of TEO than that in its business transactions, it act like landlords in general would.
LOL!!!....

I learned a long time ago that when a businessman begins the conversation about a negotiable transaction by saying "I am a Christian," it is time to shield-up and lock the safe. Because, the robber is most likely at the door.

Such a profession of implied honesty preceding any exchange is an attempt to foist and extract an expectation of honesty from the other. It is entirely different from making the deal first and then living by one's word and handshake, after.

One prefaces. The other delivers.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 9, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
I learned a long time ago that when a businessman begins the conversation about a negotiable transaction by saying "I am a Christian," it is time to shield-up and lock the safe. Because, the robber is most likely at the door.
Such a profession of implied honesty preceding any exchange is an attempt to foist and extract an expectation of honesty from the other. It is entirely different from making the deal first and then living by one's word and handshake, after.
One prefaces. The other delivers.
It is no wonder you have such a low opinion of Christian ethics in the marketplace when your universe consists of Episcopagans. BTW -I never said that I tell my client or may adversary that I am a Christian. I try to have my actions and attitudes reflect the fact that I am a Christian and I expect the same of others. Now, when you tell us you are a priest (which many of us do not believe), is it because you expect us to defer to your supposedly superior wisdom, spirituality and faithfulness? Or is it a mainfestation of your pomposity and self-importance?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#19 Feb 9, 2013
January 18, 2013 (rev. 1/22/13)
Children not Spared in Ex-Bishop’s “All Out War” Against the Episcopal Church

Applications from pro-Lawrence parishes "preferred" at St. Christopher summer camp over those from Episcopalians

Staffer to parent: Episcopal Church kids "get what they deserve"

SEABROOK ISLAND -- Loyal Episcopalians, whose families have for generations sent their children to Camp St. Christopher, got a rude awakening this week when they discovered their children are no longer eligible for early registration for summer camp because their parishes do not acknowledge Mark Lawrence to be their bishop.

http://scepiscopalians.com/

Location hidden

#20 Feb 9, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no wonder you have such a low opinion of Christian ethics in the marketplace when your universe consists of Episcopagans. BTW -I never said that I tell my client or may adversary that I am a Christian. I try to have my actions and attitudes reflect the fact that I am a Christian and I expect the same of others. Now, when you tell us you are a priest (which many of us do not believe), is it because you expect us to defer to your supposedly superior wisdom, spirituality and faithfulness? Or is it a mainfestation of your pomposity and self-importance?
BULLoney, George!

Here is what you wrote:

"When I do business with Christians, I expect them to manifest higher standards than exhibited in the marketplace. I have always done the same in dealing with clients and adversaries."

The revelation above requires that, in your dealings with businesspeople, "clients" or "adversaries," that they reveal to you that they are "Christian." Which, in turn, infers that you reveal to them that YOU are Christian. Otherwise, unless they conspicuously wear a cross or some other identifying device, you would not know. This is very typical behavior for one who 'wears his phylacteries' where they can be duly noted by others.

You give your number out, George.

As for my claim or admission to being a priest, it is simply a befuddlement, George. But, it is the truth.

Rev. Ken
George

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Feb 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLoney, George!
Here is what you wrote:
"When I do business with Christians, I expect them to manifest higher standards than exhibited in the marketplace. I have always done the same in dealing with clients and adversaries."
The revelation above requires that, in your dealings with businesspeople, "clients" or "adversaries," that they reveal to you that they are "Christian." Which, in turn, infers that you reveal to them that YOU are Christian. Otherwise, unless they conspicuously wear a cross or some other identifying device, you would not know. This is very typical behavior for one who 'wears his phylacteries' where they can be duly noted by others.
You give your number out, George.
As for my claim or admission to being a priest, it is simply a befuddlement, George. But, it is the truth.
Rev. Ken
So in additon to being an heretical fake priest, either you can't understand the English language or you are a lying s@@@bag. I suspect it is more likely the latter.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#22 Feb 11, 2013
January 18, 2013 (rev. 1/22/13)
Children not Spared in Ex-Bishop’s “All Out War” Against the Episcopal Church

Applications from pro-Lawrence parishes "preferred" at St. Christopher summer camp over those from Episcopalians

Staffer to parent: Episcopal Church kids "get what they deserve"

SEABROOK ISLAND -- Loyal Episcopalians, whose families have for generations sent their children to Camp St. Christopher, got a rude awakening this week when they discovered their children are no longer eligible for early registration for summer camp because their parishes do not acknowledge Mark Lawrence to be their bishop.

http://scepiscopalians.com/

No bigot truly cares about the children...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 1 hr FOX 17 1,616
Erin Como Fanclub 1 hr FOX 17 2
Questions linger on gay Boy Scout leaders as Ga... 6 hr Fa-Foxy 7
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 6 hr cpeter1313 696
The Worst Mass Murder Of Gay People In US History 10 hr Reggie 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 10 hr WTH 9,481
Be Inspired 11 hr Susan 1
Nashville Dating
Find my Match

Nashville Jobs