Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments (Page 2,792)

Showing posts 55,821 - 55,840 of58,310
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61159
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

kiefer wrote:
This is so wrong I'm a volunteer and the firefighters do there best 24/7 to help the community
kiefer. Before you pass judgment on this, familiarize yourself with some of the facts of this case. The firefighters did nothing wrong here.

1.This is a City Volunteer FD that provides protection to a portion of the county residents who pay a yearly fee to the city for this service. This has been in place for more than 20 years and the County voters have repeatedly opted for this method instead of a tax increase to fund a County VFD.

2. It has been reported that the family this happened to have had 4 fires in 10 years. How many families do you know who have fires every 2-3 years? In the past the "last Fire Chief" let them pay the fee after the fire. How long can a VFD survive doing this kind of business? And could this be part of the reason there is a new Fire Chief?

3. The grandson started burning trash during a dry spell and possibly with a burn ban in effect, then left the fire unattended to go in and take a shower.

4. The fire spread from the trash barrels to the grass. It was reported that it took about 2 hours for the "slow burning grass fire" to reach the shed and home. During this time the owners tried to fight the fire with garden hose. The home was a mobile home and, as such, would be a total loss before the FD could even have time to respond from the city to the county.

5. When the fire finally reached the shed, where they had 3 dogs and a cat locked inside, the owner finally called 911. The FD was dispatched but recalled when it was discovered that the owner had not paid the fee.

6. The grass fire then spread to the neighbors field. The neighbor had paid the fee and the FD responded to keep the fire from spreading any further.

7. The owner, Gene Crannick, said on both local and national TV that he thought they would come "put the fire out, even if you had not paid the fee but I was wrong". This tells me that he had no intention of paying that fee and would only pay after a fire as he and his son have done in the past.

8. His son went to the fire station after the fire and assaulted the fire chief. This has nothing to do with the fire itself but says a lot about the character of the family involved.

Bottom line is that the voters have opted for this method of protection for over 20 years and it is the will of the voters that is supposed to govern in our society. The firefighters were following orders from their superiors. Because of the outrage over this, the City has stopped providing any fire protection to the County residents. Now because someone did not pay the fee, no one will have protection.

So tell me who is wrong here. Is it the City for listening to the will of the voters? Or is it the owner who, in spite of a history of fires and non-payment of fees, chose again to not pay the fee and lost a home after his grandson left a trash fire unattended during a dry spell?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61160
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking? You really need to quit reading those tabloids! You are a complete nut case!
You haven't been asked anything.Sit down, 15 year old heathen bully.
Quit trying to look intelligent on TOPIX,you're not!.
Trying to tell people what you DON'T know .You are a dumb sicko.Smoke that sucker.You're from the backwoods.Who told you you are intelligent which you're not.Bet you still wear diapers,nuese too.Never grown up.Sad..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61161
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
WARNING: virus has been reported on this URL
My computer is equipped with security .
Family in law enforcement Administration set it up.It works well.Have a good ISP who keeps it serviced for me and installs for me..Good back-up.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61162
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
kiefer. Before you pass judgment on this, familiarize yourself with some of the facts of this case. The firefighters did nothing wrong here.
1.This is a City Volunteer FD that provides protection to a portion of the county residents who pay a yearly fee to the city for this service. This has been in place for more than 20 years and the County voters have repeatedly opted for this method instead of a tax increase to fund a County VFD.
2. It has been reported that the family this happened to have had 4 fires in 10 years. How many families do you know who have fires every 2-3 years? In the past the "last Fire Chief" let them pay the fee after the fire. How long can a VFD survive doing this kind of business? And could this be part of the reason there is a new Fire Chief?
3. The grandson started burning trash during a dry spell and possibly with a burn ban in effect, then left the fire unattended to go in and take a shower.
4. The fire spread from the trash barrels to the grass. It was reported that it took about 2 hours for the "slow burning grass fire" to reach the shed and home. During this time the owners tried to fight the fire with garden hose. The home was a mobile home and, as such, would be a total loss before the FD could even have time to respond from the city to the county.
5. When the fire finally reached the shed, where they had 3 dogs and a cat locked inside, the owner finally called 911. The FD was dispatched but recalled when it was discovered that the owner had not paid the fee.
6. The grass fire then spread to the neighbors field. The neighbor had paid the fee and the FD responded to keep the fire from spreading any further.
7. The owner, Gene Crannick, said on both local and national TV that he thought they would come "put the fire out, even if you had not paid the fee but I was wrong". This tells me that he had no intention of paying that fee and would only pay after a fire as he and his son have done in the past.
8. His son went to the fire station after the fire and assaulted the fire chief. This has nothing to do with the fire itself but says a lot about the character of the family involved.
Bottom line is that the voters have opted for this method of protection for over 20 years and it is the will of the voters that is supposed to govern in our society. The firefighters were following orders from their superiors. Because of the outrage over this, the City has stopped providing any fire protection to the County residents. Now because someone did not pay the fee, no one will have protection.
So tell me who is wrong here. Is it the City for listening to the will of the voters? Or is it the owner who, in spite of a history of fires and non-payment of fees, chose again to not pay the fee and lost a home after his grandson left a trash fire unattended during a dry spell?
Excellent overview, thanks! Good luck with the crowd that hates being confused with the facts.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61163
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you're arguing with Bill O'Reilly of Fox Fake News, not MSNBC and not ME, don't you?
You People just simply refuse to read or, to face the facts written on the page of what you're reading, when it concerns Fox Fake News or anybody on it. You do know that's a classic sign of being totally Brainwashed, don't you?...SMH...
Looks like you're the one,brainwashed, running away from life.
After reading a little of your so called " biography" on every thread,you seem to be in the middle of a pile of dogceap.
Remember: if you wannt to swim,you have to get out of the boat.Why would an ex-dispatcher divorce her addiced daughter who is sick.?
First,you need help.Professional help.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61164
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent overview, thanks! Good luck with the crowd that hates being confused with the facts.
It was very informative and not spammed.Imagine that!
He's gradated from somewhere.A little more thn high school.He keeps his story straight always,shows in his Politeness.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61165
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
It was very informative and not spammed.Imagine that!
He's gradated from somewhere.A little more thn high school.He keeps his story straight always,shows in his Politeness.
Yes, he's a good egg! tks.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61166
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he's a good egg! tks.
Agree.
After reading on Cambdem last night,I know one thing,I would not be on a hometown thread telling about our family situation.I'd be doing anything I could to help her again .When a child is buried,you'll wish you had.
You'll always say,I could have done something ,even go join a class for drug abuse. I read SASSY's post and it looked as if she needed someone to tell it to.
Maybe it would help to just go sit in on a class.You cannot give up on your family. Nashville is a big city full of homeless people who are crude,dangerous..
What a big worry."Out of sight,out of mind"?
Now,there is a hidden side that needs to be faced. I truly am sorry to read such a sad post.
But only the family can intervene or do anythng.Cumberland Heights is a good place.Lots of stars go there.Sad what drugs are doing to our young people in this country.
A friend is ready to take polygragh that Obama bought the two of them crack and cocaine during senate days.A man told Obama ,"This has to stop."
Look what has been accomplished since he listened to a co-worker in offiee.Tough love works and it takes time.Never give up on your girl or boy.If you give up,who will be there? Love endures all. That knock on the door,telling you she's gone, is not anything you ever want to get.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61167
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cambden,
sorry,corrected.
For the Record

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61168
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

123pictures wrote:
Cambden,
sorry,corrected.
Someone must have sent you a link to stalk Sassy since your dumbazz has not been able to spell the city correctly in any post you have made about it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61169
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

For the Record wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone must have sent you a link to stalk Sassy since your dumbazz has not been able to spell the city correctly in any post you have made about it.
You're the dumbass since you can't figure out what posters are saying.
It's none of your business if I spell nedmac upside down or you have to turn sideways to read.
I could care less about you imbecile..
A link,only ASSY sends spamming out in cyber-space. tough redneck.
Ireadandpostwhatidamnwellpleas e.Puff on that.

Looking for news tonight on Camden "EXTRA",That is her business isn't it?
Think last December on this thread would be a lot to share tomorrow.I REMEMBER ALL BUD.
Keep up your smart aleck bullying.
By the way,COLUMBO TOLD ME TO ASK YOU one question,why would a son's mamma complain to Facebook TOPIX of hers on bullying posters on FORUM.AN ATTORNEY IS WORKING ON IT.
WHILE YOU'RE POSTING SARCASM TONIGHT,I'LL JUST BE OVER THERE READING,HOPING TO FIND JOE.MORPHINA WILL POINT HIm OUT.JUST FOLLOW "MORPHINA".HIS love is all around you.
For the Record

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61170
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the dumbass since you can't figure out what posters are saying.
It's none of your business if I spell nedmac upside down or you have to turn sideways to read.
I could care less about you imbecile..
A link,only ASSY sends spamming out in cyber-space. tough redneck.
Ireadandpostwhatidamnwellpleas e.Puff on that.
Looking for news tonight on Camden "EXTRA",That is her business isn't it?
Think last December on this thread would be a lot to share tomorrow.I REMEMBER ALL BUD.
Keep up your smart aleck bullying.
By the way,COLUMBO TOLD ME TO ASK YOU one question,why would a son's mamma complain to Facebook TOPIX of hers on bullying posters on FORUM.AN ATTORNEY IS WORKING ON IT.
WHILE YOU'RE POSTING SARCASM TONIGHT,I'LL JUST BE OVER THERE READING,HOPING TO FIND JOE.MORPHINA WILL POINT HIm OUT.JUST FOLLOW "MORPHINA".HIS love is all around you.
I just told you the truth. Take your meds, psycho!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61172
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>Whydon`t you lay off of the drinking, and beating on your wife, UNREAL ONE? I kmow that she left you for abusing her, can`t blame her, men should NEVER put their hands on a female!
That was his meds right?He has meds on the brain every day and night.Think he don't know how to converse andturnd to meds opix,all he knows.Who would stay with a foul mouthed heathen?
Never taught when to speak up and when to shut up.A real loser.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61173
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

And she wants to help get Joe Kyle escorted out of town.
That Dec 10th date is that man's court date not hers nor her son's.
Begging for attention.
Bet every single neighbor sniggers brhind her back and dors at what an idiot is in the neighborhood.A quack..
Her daughter posted she left because she got tired living on food stamps,having nothing.
Sounds like Dad was the sane one who left the daughter with a dysfunctional probably horney mother wanting a divorce to whore around with truckers...
Who'd follow that act?Poor daughter.At her mercy.

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61174
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

5

3

3

123pictures wrote:
And she wants to help get Joe Kyle escorted out of town.
That Dec 10th date is that man's court date not hers nor her son's.
Begging for attention.
Bet every single neighbor sniggers brhind her back and dors at what an idiot is in the neighborhood.A quack..
Her daughter posted she left because she got tired living on food stamps,having nothing.
Sounds like Dad was the sane one who left the daughter with a dysfunctional probably horney mother wanting a divorce to whore around with truckers...
Who'd follow that act?Poor daughter.At her mercy.
Sicko, abusive, obsessed. And I am talking about you/you/you---certainly not RS.
Morbid

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61176
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Morphina wrote:
Elle shut the he!! up, you mouth is so big, when you speak it`s in surround sound.
If you are married, I would like to give your husband an award! He deserves one. If you are not married, I see why.
Morbid

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61178
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>I am not you concern either way, so DON`T worry about me!
You wasn't the one I was worried about.
who am i

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61196
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

4

Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>Don`t concern yourself with anyone in my family. Concern yourself with sassy!!
I can`t stand the skank, so go for it!
I can't stand you either slut!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61200
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sicko, abusive, obsessed. And I am talking about you/you/you---certainly not RS.
You are so right!!! And he's getting worse each day, it seems to me!

A Dangerous Person, on the edge of total insanity and trying to hang on for dear life, is the way it seems in these Posts. But, definitely, not living in anything resembling the real World of decent, sane, & sensible People!

Every Post is delusional and nothing is even remotely true that is in them...NOTHING!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61201
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Delusional posts are yor very own words and sitesare posted.A dangerous person on he edge f total insanity and trying to hang on for dear life?
The way it seems?Not living in the real world of decent ,sane and sensible people?
These are your very own replies to Morphina on Camden- TO MORPHINA- post #90. Some last Christmas ,this thread,some in spring etc.
Who knows if true,they're your posts.Now denying.
You're bi-polar.Maybe Schizophenic,narcisstic,and paranorial delusional female in denial state.,Read your own posts all over Camden FORUM.And this one all thru it.Your own words or there is an imposter maybe?Registered imposter ?? You think??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 55,821 - 55,840 of58,310
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Vat Cecel 123pitcher 123,719
Mural Of Vanderbilt Coach Derek Mason Retouched 34 min CapricornCrack 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Youare 8,454
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 1 hr Jennifer Waddell 1,041
Medical Marijuana Act Gains Entry to TN Senate 6 hr Rockhound42 358
Menage Club (Feb '13) 9 hr voluptuously yours 46
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Dec '06) 9 hr 1999 teen challenge grad 631
•••
•••
•••
Nashville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••