Recession still hurting Nashville, most cities
Knoxville is one of only three major U.S. metropolitan areas that have fully recovered from the Great Recession, while Nashville and most others still are working their way out, according to a study released today.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.
#1 Nov 30, 2012
If the stat and city governments were not so greedy and wasteful, they would not be suffering. The people who ARE suffering the most are those of us who work and pay taxes.
#2 Nov 30, 2012
Yes, and this will become increasingly evident! Many actually believe the president is really "trying" to honorably represent America and her citizens' best interests. Anyone else making the long sequence of disastrous decisions this president has made would be declared a complete public imbecile.
Yes, ignorance is bliss, But the leftists are not ignorant..they are revolutionaries! The following data is but a fraction of public ignorance in America!
The following text is the agenda narrative being advanced by the current administration and those of the marxist/socialist ilk.
The following is an excerpt from the "Communist Manifesto" section II - Proletarians and Comminists.
Review and decide for yourselves if any of this sounds familiar! This is the dread of America's future!.........
"We have seen above that the first step in the revolution by the working class is to raise the proletariat to the position of ruling class to win the battle of democracy.
The proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the state, i.e., of the proletariat organized as the ruling class; and to increase the total productive forces as rapidly as possible.
Of course, in the beginning, this cannot be effected except by means of despotic inroads on the rights of property, and on the conditions of bourgeois production; by means of measures, therefore, which appear economically insufficient and untenable, but which, in the course of the movement, outstrip themselves, necessitate further inroads upon the old social order, and are unavoidable as a means of entirely revolutionizing the mode of production.
These measures will, of course, be different in different countries.
Nevertheless, in most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
When, in the course of development, class distinctions have disappeared, and all production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast association of the whole nation, the public power will lose its political character. Political power, properly so called, is merely the organized power of one class for oppressing another."
This sounds like the Play book on a desk in the oval office.
Add your comments below
|Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11)||10 hr||bigfan||2,494|
|Turn signals||19 hr||sponge||7|
|Country Singer Brad Paisley is Jewish (Oct '13)||Tue||DidISayThat||23|
|Republicans Hae Labor an Mddle Class||Tue||DidISayThat||4|
Find what you want!
Search Nashville Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC