Mt.ZION and THE HA HA Great BIshop Walker..

Posted in the Nashville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
FOR REALZ

Nashville, TN

#1 Feb 25, 2012
NASHVILLE, Tenn.- A popular local church is being sued, accused of sexual abuse and manipulation. The allegations have been made against Mt. Zion Baptist Church.
The claims were made on behalf of four former female parishioners. According to the suit, the women were sexually exploited and abused during counseling sessions sponsored by the church. The lawsuit goes on to claim that this abuse was not an isolated incident. The plaintiffs accuse the church of recruiting woman for exploration, sexual battery and psychological and spiritual manipulation for nearly ten years.
The charges were filed against the church and specifically against Bishop Joseph Walker III who one woman claims participated and aided the abuse.
The church released this statement about the allegations:
"The only thing this action demonstrates is that anyone can sue, sometimes anonymously, no matter how ridiculous the claims nor how sensational the charges. It is truly sad that a church and its leaders can be attacked with such shocking and ugly charges when the apparent motive is to extract huge sums of money from the congregation and its leaders.
Mt. Zion is a welcoming, caring community. Its policy is that relationships between church staff and all others be appropriate and professional, and any failure to follow this policy can lead to a variety of disciplinary actions, just like any other responsible organization.
It appears this action is not a quest for truth or justice, but instead solely for money."
The suit was filed in Davidson County Courts on Friday.
For realz

Nashville, TN

#2 Feb 25, 2012
Now the churches statement is utterly ridiculous, you know who you counseled and the people involve your just brainwashed and Besides being Hypocrites and Liars i have seen the manipulation your church puts on women, Hell i even grabbed my family and walked out because it seemed strange...I hope they get JUSTICE
of great concern

United States

#3 Feb 26, 2012
For realz wrote:
Now the churches statement is utterly ridiculous, you know who you counseled and the people involve your just brainwashed and Besides being Hypocrites and Liars i have seen the manipulation your church puts on women, Hell i even grabbed my family and walked out because it seemed strange...I hope they get JUSTICE
I am a woman of the church and the only manipulation that can be put on anyone is if they allow it. You are spreading madness and hate. It is not about you but Christ!
11Bravo

Antioch, TN

#4 Feb 26, 2012
That gives "Laying on of hand" a whole new definition! Savages All
come1go1with1me

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 26, 2012
The churches statement about the allegations is laughable. Why didnít they just say that the statement given were just not true. I know during my time at this church the leadership care more about my wife than me. Were there smoke there fire. We all have hear about Bishop Eddie long scandal.
LEGENDARY

Nashville, TN

#6 Feb 26, 2012
of great concern wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a woman of the church and the only manipulation that can be put on anyone is if they allow it. You are spreading madness and hate. It is not about you but Christ!
There are millions manipulated in the "Name of Christ" and you seem to be one of them,How hard is it for you "Christians" to see JESUS wasnt about "BIG" churches fancy cars and the comfortable life lived of your 10 percent....Please give it a rest this one and every Mega church with a fancy big time pastor has nothing to do with JESUS!! To be Christ like is to live a life that mirrors JESUS...Since when did any disciple call himself "BISHOP"?? Or have more than those that followed him??? You and those brainwashed like you need to re-read the BIBLE... YOU MY DEAR HAVE BEEN LED ASTRAY..
Gina

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Feb 26, 2012
I will not talk bad about this women or the church.No one knows the truth due to we where not in the window.I really do not think people are being mean.This is a big issue in large and small churches..I will say that it does amaze me how we stand by others before we stand by our own family.Have a relationship with God not a Sunday date.
Michele

Antioch, TN

#8 Feb 26, 2012
I think as a society, we need to hear things like this and we discuss it as if we ourselves are perfect people. Bishop Walker is a man and if the allegations are found to be true, then he should be punished no differently than any other man that would be found guilty of such a thing. We put to much faith in man, and not the word of God, he just delivers the message. I attend Mt. Zion, and I hear all the stories and things people say, the material things, none of that matters to me, because when he quote scripture, I know the words don't come from his mouth. Why are we so eagerly ready for this man to be quilty, without hearing all the facts, and when we talk about all the bad things we think he does, do we consider the good things that he has done, things for the children, that some of us talking would not even take the time or effort to do. I don't know if he has done this or not, but what I know is when I walk into Mt. Zion, I'm not looking for Bishop Walker to see how he got to the church, I'm hoping to hear the word of God so that I can be a better person through out my week, when I'm dealing with not so perfect people. God wants us to love one another, not take his job in judging, Minister or not, he is not responsible for my salvation...I AM..
JWB

Vero Beach, FL

#9 Feb 26, 2012
It simply amazes me how people automatically jump on a ban-wagon as soon a an allegation is made about a clergyman. It saddens me to see people demonize leaders as soon as there is some media coverage about something negative. No one has anything to say when Mt. Zion is serving the community with various give-aways or feeding the hungry etc. We jump at the opportunity to criticize when we really should be praying. Whether the allegations are valid or not, prayer is still what is most important.
Rachel

United States

#10 Feb 26, 2012
All this craziness going on is to be expected its the end of time and these people who call themselves prophets and bishops and have these mega churches are all liars and there is no truth in them.GOD will reveal what's in the dark and walker is going down!
terry

United States

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Yes, he is a man. Thank God he has beem exposed now, than to die and bust hell wide open. He can repent deal wit the concequences and continue to move forward. Pray for everyone involved
Leaders need to uphold the biblical standard and continue to strive for holiness and righteousness. It is all about salvation and jesus christ. This is the end time and every false prophet shall be exposed. To God be the Glory..
truth

United States

#12 Feb 26, 2012
God doesn't love everybody especially not these false prophets. Truth is always truth. Mount Zion is a money hungry social club and not a church, GOD is not pleased. I'm glad this stuff is being revealed.
Sam

Crown Point, IN

#13 Feb 26, 2012
May god be with bishop I'm praying for you brother..
anonymous

United States

#14 Feb 27, 2012
I am a member of Mt. Zion and I have NEVER been manipulated or made feel exploited or sexually harrassed ! Only God and the Bishop and those women know the truth! But I as a member and a Christian support BIshop Walker and his family and stand behind him all the way!! And if those women are lying, then may God be with them for coming against the man of God. I do believe the Bible says "Touch not mine anointed and do my Profit no harm."
LAB

Washington, DC

#15 Feb 27, 2012
Wow!! My brother attends this church and I watch Bishop Walker every Sunday morning before I go to church...he always has a great topic that blesses me. I pray that this isn't true,,because a lot of people will be affected by these allegations. STOP DOWNING PEOPLE WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH...ONLY THE PEOPLE INVOLVED KNOW FACTS
LJS

United States

#16 Feb 27, 2012
I think that before you open your mouth to judge the man of God you better think twice about it. No one knows what happend but the people involved and the Lord. If it is true, which I pray that it is not, justice will be served and God will previal. If is it not true the man of God will be cleared and God will be given all the glory. I do urge you all to watch what you say about the man of God, you will be punished. It is in the bible.....
Antioch2012

Antioch, TN

#17 Feb 27, 2012
Wow, I was stunned yesterday morning when the statement was given by church concerning the allegations towards Bishop Walker. The look on his face was one of unbelief, he was noticeably being torn apart inside and out. It actually took me back to one of my first services at Mt Zion a while back, when he was dealing with the death of his first wife. He had come to church as he normally does, but this was a day or so after his home was burnt down. That day was the day I decided to join Mt Zion! If anyone could have done what he did what he did that day, I would follow them too. He delivered a message that truly opened my mind, he had recently lost his wife, now his home, and through it all he still felt it necessary to minister the WORD OF GOD to anyone who would listen. Now before you pass judgement on any of these allegations, what would you do if you were in his shoes.
LJS

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2012
BTW for those of you who don't know.....Bishop is used for a man of God who is overseer over a church that has multiple locations and ministries.....not just a title that is made up for man to call them.
Netta

Union City, TN

#19 Feb 27, 2012
the Bible says that we reap what we sow. It also talks about preachers, leaders and teachers being exposed. We don't know if the allegations are true, but if they are God was the one who revealed it. No man can stand up and preach the word of God and not live up to what he preaches to his people. My heart goes out to his wife because she is innocent in all of this rather it is true or false. We should not worship man but God. As I say if it is true God has revealed it. And that is not anything we can do about the power of God.
Henri

Seattle, WA

#20 Feb 27, 2012
Michele wrote:
I think as a society, we need to hear things like this and we discuss it as if we ourselves are perfect people. Bishop Walker is a man and if the allegations are found to be true, then he should be punished no differently than any other man that would be found guilty of such a thing. We put to much faith in man, and not the word of God, he just delivers the message. I attend Mt. Zion, and I hear all the stories and things people say, the material things, none of that matters to me, because when he quote scripture, I know the words don't come from his mouth. Why are we so eagerly ready for this man to be quilty, without hearing all the facts, and when we talk about all the bad things we think he does, do we consider the good things that he has done, things for the children, that some of us talking would not even take the time or effort to do. I don't know if he has done this or not, but what I know is when I walk into Mt. Zion, I'm not looking for Bishop Walker to see how he got to the church, I'm hoping to hear the word of God so that I can be a better person through out my week, when I'm dealing with not so perfect people. God wants us to love one another, not take his job in judging, Minister or not, he is not responsible for my salvation...I AM..
Read James 3:1. If the allegations are true, he should not be judged like any other parishioner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 1 hr Jed 1,974
Man Holds Family Members Hostage - NewsChannel ... (Mar '10) 3 hr aryanbitch 3
Wounded Warrior Nashville Celebrity Support 9 hr Donor 3
Newschannel 5 - BREAKING NEWS 13 hr NOT breaking news 1
planning a trip to menages Fri Been there 3
Is Metro Councilman Jason Holleman a Racist? Fri Facts Jack 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate Fri Lawrence Wolf 3,520
Nashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web