Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee

Sep 3, 2013 Read more: WTVF Nashville 74

Gov. Bill Haslam announced Tuesday that the Nissan subsidiary is adding the positions to plants in Shelbyville, Lewisburg and Smyrna.

Read more
huh

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Sep 17, 2013
say Wah
Purfect Peter

Lewisburg, TN

#43 Sep 17, 2013
your brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet PP, don't answer back, forget me. I just read some of your other posts and you are one sick cookie.(do you have a saint, thread)
Sorry I replied to you, you are not my type...no wonder nobody hires you. You are sick.
your x brother
I hate being disowned.:-(
mytwocents

Columbia, TN

#44 Sep 18, 2013
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Prick: Does their job and is a company person who strives to bring the best out of others for the company. Has standards and is not afraid to speak up and tell you when you are messing up. The same supervisor will not tolerate smokers, coming in late, and coming in with hangovers and texting while on the clock. Under this supervisor, the business thrives and people have jobs.
Good Supervisor: Someone who does not really care about productivity for the company and is more concerned about being liked by others and will not correct you because their popularity may lower to the prick category. This type is the one who helps the company fail and helps them pack up and head to mexico because they have better work ethics there.
NO! Stop trying to be a troublemaker...
A good supervisor is someone who stands up for their workers. One who doesn't let the other shifts goof off all day and leave the work for his crew. A good supervisor is fair and honest and treats everyone the same regardless of "who they know" That is what I meant by good supervisor so don't put words into my mouth when you clearly don't know what the heck you are talking about.
a supervisor

Lawrenceburg, TN

#45 Sep 18, 2013
mytwocents wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! Stop trying to be a troublemaker...
A good supervisor is someone who stands up for their workers. One who doesn't let the other shifts goof off all day and leave the work for his crew. A good supervisor is fair and honest and treats everyone the same regardless of "who they know" That is what I meant by good supervisor so don't put words into my mouth when you clearly don't know what the heck you are talking about.
A good supervisor:
"A good supervisor is someone who stands up for their workers."
Correct answer: But only when they are in the right and deserving.
Any other would be enabling the problem child.

"One who doesn't let the other shifts goof off all day and leave the work for his crew."
Correct answer: Simply part of the job and if they did their job right would only have to be done once. Twice means they did not do their job properly and should not be a supervisor.

"A good supervisor is fair and honest and treats everyone the same regardless of "who they know" "
Correct answer: Another common sense no brainer. Stop talking like someone who never led.

"That is what I meant by good supervisor so don't put words into my mouth when you clearly don't know what the heck you are talking about"

Correction: I don't think anyone put any words in your mouth. They just spoke their opinion on a forum which is designed to do such. It is obvious you would never be a good supervisor, you do not respect people's opinions and if I may add, have a short fuse.

signed, a supervisor
What a supervisor is

Columbia, TN

#46 Sep 18, 2013
a supervisor wrote:
<quoted text>
A good supervisor:
"One who doesn't let the other shifts goof off all day and leave the work for his crew."
Correct answer: Simply part of the job and if they did their job right would only have to be done once. Twice means they did not do their job properly and should not be a supervisor.
"A good supervisor is fair and honest and treats everyone the same regardless of "who they know" "
Correct answer: Another common sense no brainer. Stop talking like someone who never led.
"That is what I meant by good supervisor so don't put words into my mouth when you clearly don't know what the heck you are talking about"
Correction: I don't think anyone put any words in your mouth. They just spoke their opinion on a forum which is designed to do such. It is obvious you would never be a good supervisor, you do not respect people's opinions and if I may add, have a short fuse.
signed, a supervisor
What is a supervisor: Your boss, not your friend. He works for the company, not for his workers. He must answer to his boss who is not his friend.
a supervisor

Lawrenceburg, TN

#47 Sep 18, 2013
What a supervisor is wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a supervisor: Your boss, not your friend. He works for the company, not for his workers. He must answer to his boss who is not his friend.
I can buy that. We are not running for a popularity contest like most local supervisors do.

signed, a supervisor
What a supervisor is

Columbia, TN

#48 Sep 18, 2013
a supervisor wrote:
<quoted text>
I can buy that. We are not running for a popularity contest like most local supervisors do.
signed, a supervisor
<----- "wait what"... Guess I'm not all that bad, eh? LOLOLOL!
mytwocents

Lewisburg, TN

#49 Sep 18, 2013
a supervisor wrote:
<quoted text>
A good supervisor:
signed, a supervisor
No actually the person who replied to my first comment did indeed put words in my mouth. I said "if you are lucky and get a good supervisor and not a prick." The response to that comment was someone assuming that I meant a lazy, unqualified person who does not enforce rules or regulations and instead tries to win a popularity contest. That is not what I meant, I meant an actual good supervisor who sees the value of a good employee. I'm not debating what a good supervisor is or isn't, I know what makes someone a good leader. Everyone on here is always looking for a fight about any topic. Go get a hobby. Someone asked about CKNA and I answered honestly, having 12 years of knowledge on the subject. I've seen good supervisors and not so good ones, but the assumption the first person made on what I call a "good supervisor" was 100% incorrect and I responded to it. I will not further entertain any other comments from people who have nothing better to do than to try and start drama where there should be none.
Also if you are that condescending to your employees, I'm sure you are a "great" supervisor.
Former Sup

Lewisburg, TN

#50 Sep 18, 2013
mytwocents wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually the person who replied to my first comment did indeed put words in my mouth. I said "if you are lucky and get a good supervisor and not a prick." The response to that comment was someone assuming that I meant a lazy, unqualified person who does not enforce rules or regulations and instead tries to win a popularity contest. That is not what I meant, I meant an actual good supervisor who sees the value of a good employee. I'm not debating what a good supervisor is or isn't, I know what makes someone a good leader. Everyone on here is always looking for a fight about any topic. Go get a hobby. Someone asked about CKNA and I answered honestly, having 12 years of knowledge on the subject. I've seen good supervisors and not so good ones, but the assumption the first person made on what I call a "good supervisor" was 100% incorrect and I responded to it. I will not further entertain any other comments from people who have nothing better to do than to try and start drama where there should be none.
Also if you are that condescending to your employees, I'm sure you are a "great" supervisor.
The way I see it the only one arguing is you.
Then later it seems like you argue with yourself.
No drama, no arguing: just how people see things and expressed them on a forum. No one is right, no one is wrong.
No one said what you said was wrong in any way, just stated their opinion.
Be cool, take a chill pill, you will be OK.
Bad News

Rock Hill, SC

#51 Sep 27, 2013
Former Sup wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it the only one arguing is you.
Then later it seems like you argue with yourself.
No drama, no arguing: just how people see things and expressed them on a forum. No one is right, no one is wrong.
No one said what you said was wrong in any way, just stated their opinion.
Be cool, take a chill pill, you will be OK.
If you want to work for this company, expect racism, drama and ass kissing to your supervisor. Not to mention the mandatory OT ALL THE TIME. The pay may seem great, but wait until summertime when it hits 95-100 outside and inside it is like 125-130. I couldn't count the number of ambulances that have been their for people passing out at work. Too many. Mention the word Union just in a conversation and your ass is canned. Unworkable conditions.
US GI

Lewisburg, TN

#52 Sep 28, 2013
Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to work for this company, expect racism, drama and ass kissing to your supervisor. Not to mention the mandatory OT ALL THE TIME. The pay may seem great, but wait until summertime when it hits 95-100 outside and inside it is like 125-130. I couldn't count the number of ambulances that have been their for people passing out at work. Too many. Mention the word Union just in a conversation and your ass is canned. Unworkable conditions.
Oh my, Oh my. Talk to a US GI who served overseas in the dessert for a year or two. If they pass out, they are no longer deployable and must leave the service.

Ask them about the union and as I remember, the pay wasn't all that great. I think you can put up with a couple days in your highly exaggerated high temperature reading. Ever been in the dessert or stateside in the field? Even better, something a non GI can relate to: Ever put on a roof in the Summer time?

BTW, ask a GI how the OVERTIME without pay is working out for them.

Man or woman: Stop the complaining and Man Up and be happy you have a job.
US GI

Lewisburg, TN

#53 Sep 28, 2013
Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I forgot a couple and don't want to short change you because I see how you are and mind you, I never worked they but worked all my life elsewheres:
Racism art, I am sure they don't put up with minorities expecting special favors and that shocks some so they pull out the race card.
As for butt kissing: Being respectful to the supervisor and being appreciative in words for the opportunity to serve and work for the company can be misunderstood as butt kissing by someone with a nasty attitude.
As for the ambulances, I am guessing some people could of faked their cases to make a point and would do anything for a free break on the clock, unless they are so bad they made them clock out before entering the ambulance, LOL.
inside info

Lewisburg, TN

#54 Nov 6, 2013
i know for a fact that there is s major problem at ckna kantus. it is mostly bad management. for example one manager was called in on a saturday and lost her temper and actually called the workers on the floor f....ing idiots. it turned out the workers didnt make the mess magt made the mistake. upper magt moved the manager to another position no move down and told workerd to not discuss the incident. of course everyone did. this is just one example.
Drug Screening at CKNA

Lawrenceburg, IN

#55 Nov 23, 2013
Anyone have any idea what type of testing they do?
ready for love

Lewisburg, TN

#56 Nov 23, 2013
Drug Screening at CKNA wrote:
Anyone have any idea what type of testing they do?
What kind of question is that from anyone who I assume is a good person and who obeys the laws? Who cares. Are you doing something you shouldn't be doing? If so, you need to clean up your act and be a productive part of the community.
ready for love

Lewisburg, TN

#57 Nov 23, 2013
inside info wrote:
i know for a fact that there is s major problem at ckna kantus. it is mostly bad management. for example one manager was called in on a saturday and lost her temper and actually called the workers on the floor f....ing idiots. it turned out the workers didnt make the mess magt made the mistake. upper magt moved the manager to another position no move down and told workerd to not discuss the incident. of course everyone did. this is just one example.
Just do your job and don't worry who said what to who. Management can make all the mistakes they want to, they are management, they hire and fire and write the checks. I am sure there was more to than that which caused the buildup for the manger to call the idiots, idiots.
ready for love

Lewisburg, TN

#58 Nov 23, 2013
manager
inside info

Lewisburg, TN

#59 Dec 4, 2013
ready for love wrote:
manager
shame on you. Yes employees should keep their heads down and do their job. Just because a manager has that kind of power they do not have the right to abuse it. If you are s manager then shame on you for your comment. As bad as the manager acted I blame upper management more for allowing her to treat the employees holding their heads down that way. Why don't you ask management about it. I don't have to because I heard it from the horses mouth. I am out there holding my head down waiting until they harass me enough that I have a good case for a civil lawyer. Sooner or later harassement will end. It just takes the right person to file a lawsuit.
hoofbeat

Columbia, TN

#60 Dec 5, 2013
US GI wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, Oh my. Talk to a US GI who served overseas in the dessert for a year or two. If they pass out, they are no longer deployable and must leave the service.

Ask them about the union and as I remember, the pay wasn't all that great. I think you can put up with a couple days in your highly exaggerated high temperature reading. Ever been in the dessert or stateside in the field? Even better, something a non GI can relate to: Ever put on a roof in the Summer time?

BTW, ask a GI how the OVERTIME without pay is working out for them.

Man or woman: Stop the complaining and Man Up and be happy you have a job.
AMEN!!!!
just do it

Lawrenceburg, TN

#61 Dec 5, 2013
inside info wrote:
<quoted text> shame on you. Yes employees should keep their heads down and do their job. Just because a manager has that kind of power they do not have the right to abuse it. If you are s manager then shame on you for your comment. As bad as the manager acted I blame upper management more for allowing her to treat the employees holding their heads down that way. Why don't you ask management about it. I don't have to because I heard it from the horses mouth. I am out there holding my head down waiting until they harass me enough that I have a good case for a civil lawyer. Sooner or later harassement will end. It just takes the right person to file a lawsuit.
....and then you can watch another company pack up and leave this area. I say clam up and just do it (work for a living) and appreciate you have a job. The dog wags the tail, not the other way around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly G 1 hr CHARLIES ANGEL 65
back in black 21 hr CHARLIES ANGEL 2
Torn 22 hr ugh 8
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! Fri spirit 1 4
Drake Melson Fri buyer 3
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) Fri bigfan 2,224
lasik eye surgery, not a cure-all Thu Look 5
More from around the web

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE