Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee

Sep 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVF Nashville

Gov. Bill Haslam announced Tuesday that the Nissan subsidiary is adding the positions to plants in Shelbyville, Lewisburg and Smyrna.

Comments
1 - 20 of 74 Comments Last updated May 15, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Good News

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Very good news indeed.
Happy Happy Happy

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

yippy yippy for the blood thirsty temp services.
Local Yocal

Piedmont, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Awesome news! Good for Lewisburg and Shelbyville!
Japanese thank you

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Ruisubāgu, teneshī-shūd earu koto no tame ni son'nani karusonikkukansei o arigatō. Fukusū no jobu o tsuika suru tame no ōku no ōku no okage de, Kore wa ichi ga totemo shiawase ni narimasu. Wareware wa kuruma o motte imasenga, kōkyō kōtsūkikan o tsukau nodesu ka.. WC miruzu ikka 280 Horīgurōbu-j i Ruisubāgu, teneshī shū
Japanese thank you

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

I don't know where the #'s came from when I posted it shows up.
hoofbeat

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Happy Happy Happy wrote:
yippy yippy for the blood thirsty temp services.
They don't use a temp service.
Happy Happy Happy

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

hoofbeat wrote:
<quoted text>
since when ?

“De omnibus dubitandum.”

Since: Mar 08

Anywhere I hang my hat

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

hoofbeat wrote:
<quoted text>
When did this change? They used to use Randstad.
hoofbeat

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

They stopped using Randstad in June of 2012. Provisional employees work for CKNA. They have a different pay scale and a different benefit package.
Not anymore

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

They don't go through temp services anymore. You have to apply online through http://calsonicjobs.com/

It's a decent job I guess although I would never work there. I cannot fathom working 7 days per week 12 hour days. I have a family and those hours are not feasible. My kids want to see me morethan just a few hours a week. I do know someone that works there though and it's pretty sad that there paycheck after working that many hours is equal to my husbands who only works a straight 40.
hoofbeat

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Not anymore wrote:
They don't go through temp services anymore. You have to apply online through http://calsonicjobs.com/

It's a decent job I guess although I would never work there. I cannot fathom working 7 days per week 12 hour days. I have a family and those hours are not feasible. My kids want to see me morethan just a few hours a week. I do know someone that works there though and it's pretty sad that there paycheck after working that many hours is equal to my husbands who only works a straight 40.
Not sure about the provisionals but I recently had an 84 hour check that was awesome. It's a great job but not for people that can't handle the heat or excess OT. It would be tough on someone with small children.
Dad

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Long hours in the heat is never ever healthy. If you must work and not afraid of hard work then those kinds of jobs are for you.
Not long after retiring, strokes set me back and more health problems but the more you earn now, is way better than when you can't work.
Long hours is hard on a growing family.
Think about their needs and the time you are growing together. If not you will grow apart.
You can't put a growing family and wife on hold when just about every plan centers around that job.
It isn't a balance.
Happy Happy Happy

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

hoofbeat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about the provisionals but I recently had an 84 hour check that was awesome. It's a great job but not for people that can't handle the heat or excess OT. It would be tough on someone with small children.
So just how much per hour do you make, and how much did you take home after taxes and so on for 84 hours?
hoofbeat

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Happy Happy Happy wrote:
<quoted text>So just how much per hour do you make, and how much did you take home after taxes and so on for 84 hours?
$17 an hour. Uncle Sam got his of course leaving around $1500
Jobs

Cornersville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Wow $1500 in one weeks time. Man that will pay my rent, gas, groceries, and all my other months bills (water, electric, phone and cable). What do you do with the other three checks you get the rest of the month? Must be nice! I am going to try and get one of them 1200 jobs.
Ckna employee

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Glad to hear jobs are being added here in TN. I'm a provisional employee at ckna and I average 65-72 hours a week. I do enjoy the $ but it will take a while to get hired in from what I've seen and heard (2-3 years). If you can take the heat and lots of OT this jobs for you however it shouldn't take that long to be hired in. The pros and cons pretty much balance out at ckna.
OK Team

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Ckna employee wrote:
Glad to hear jobs are being added here in TN. I'm a provisional employee at ckna and I average 65-72 hours a week. I do enjoy the $ but it will take a while to get hired in from what I've seen and heard (2-3 years). If you can take the heat and lots of OT this jobs for you however it shouldn't take that long to be hired in. The pros and cons pretty much balance out at ckna.
We need local work ethic training. A lot of people just want to work just enough to get what they need. I tell all the young guys to have a good fun clean life but work all you can, these are your working years. This "you are in the south and that is how we do things" needs to be shoved out the window and the guy who says it needs to be terminated from the company. Folks don't know how to work. They will all be pisssed off that they may lose their food stamp credit cards too. I am happy jobs are coming, I am retired so i am happy for others. Just don't blow it. Work hard and make it profitable for the company. OK team?
Happy Happy Happy

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Ckna employee wrote:
So you do not get paid holidays and heath insurance?+
hoofbeat

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

They do get holiday pay and insurance is available.
mytwocents

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Happy Happy Happy wrote:
<quoted text> So you do not get paid holidays and heath insurance?+
I don't know for sure how they do holidays for the temps but once you are hired in you will have it soooo good. 2 weeks paid shut down in the summer and winter. Health insurance is through Cigna and covers well and doesn't cost too much for a family plan. Plus the 401k they offer is great. I have heard of a couple of temps getting hired in after 1 year. I think it depends on the department you are in and if you are a good worker. Also if you get a good supervisor or a prick.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 2 hr jumpy 1,438
BNA Kids Talent Agency 10 hr FilmSetGuy 2
Tn was site of the largest drug bust in history 13 hr common 1
WARNING AIG Company in Brentwood 14 hr HOBBS 10
Valentine Ogbunugafor (Oct '09) 18 hr jayvee 2
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 18 hr WTH 8,944
If Fences Don't Work, Why Is There One Around T... Wed Zebo 2
•••
•••