NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennessee - Episcopal Church Split...

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

Most of a congregation in Murfreesboro left the Episcopal Church over the issue of homosexuality.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013
MS LIA E

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

IF A CHURCH TEACHES FROM THE BIBLE THEY SHOULD TEACH "ALL" OF THE BIBLE! WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE OUT CERTAIN SCRIPTURES BECAUSE YOU DO NOT WANT TO "OFFEND" PEOPLE? AS THEY SAY "TIMES HAVE CHANGED" OR "THE NEW MILLENNIUM" THE WORD OF GOD IS THE WORD OF GOD IT HAS NEVER CHANGED AND NEVER WILL! PEOPLE CRITICIZE RELIGIONS THAT FOLLOW CERTAIN SCRIPTURES AND NOT OTHER SCRIPTURES IN THEIR TEACHINGS AND THEY ARE CALLED NON BELIEVERS. WELL HOW CAN A CHURCH CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS OR TRUE BELIEVERS BUT NOT FOLLOW OR TEACH "ALL" OF GODS WORD? THE BOTTOM LINE IS HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN AND THAT "IS" IN THE BIBLE!!! GOD IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD WANT TO PLEASE NOT MAN!!!

Since: Dec 08

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

And you are judging which is the last thing a true Christian should do. Remind me to never go to church with you. You might as well just attend a Catholic church if you chose to be so closed minded.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

It is not closed minded to believe in the word of the true and living God. He created us and has decided what is a sin and what isn't. Humanistic political correctness changes yearly. Homosexuality is wrong now and will be until Jesus returns. But most liberal churches have quit worshipping God and are now geared up more for entertainment and socializing.
dw_paducah

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Christ never said a word about homosexuality. It was mainly Paul, whose words bring to mind "methinks the gentleman doth protest too much". Literal biblical interpreters forget that, although many of them believe the bible is perfect and does not contradict itself, Judas dies from a fall in one book of the bible and hangs himself in another; and the entire first chapter of Matthew traces Christ's ancestry to King David through his father Joseph. Yet Joseph was not his father. Bottom line - the denominations that say every other denomination is wrong, by logic, cannot all possibly be right.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Another casualty of the GLBT agenda.
Steve_TN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

I hope Jesus is gay! That would be amazing!
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Steve_TN wrote:
And you are judging which is the last thing a true Christian should do. Remind me to never go to church with you. You might as well just attend a Catholic church if you chose to be so closed minded.
That's closed minded to say that about the Catholics. Touche

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Nashville Forum right now

Search the Nashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTF 8,979
Personal- looking for a w/m to share with hot wife 1 hr watchn 5
Nude snapchat swap 3 hr slickwilly 2
Balanced Good Music 3 hr guest 60
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 18 hr Hughes 1,460
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 20 hr jarda 8,594
Sheriff candidate can serve if elected despite ... 21 hr Slim 1
•••
•••