NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennesse...

NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennessee - Episcopal Church Split...

There are 7 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Jan 7, 2008, titled NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennessee - Episcopal Church Split.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Most of a congregation in Murfreesboro left the Episcopal Church over the issue of homosexuality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

MS LIA E

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 8, 2008
IF A CHURCH TEACHES FROM THE BIBLE THEY SHOULD TEACH "ALL" OF THE BIBLE! WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE OUT CERTAIN SCRIPTURES BECAUSE YOU DO NOT WANT TO "OFFEND" PEOPLE? AS THEY SAY "TIMES HAVE CHANGED" OR "THE NEW MILLENNIUM" THE WORD OF GOD IS THE WORD OF GOD IT HAS NEVER CHANGED AND NEVER WILL! PEOPLE CRITICIZE RELIGIONS THAT FOLLOW CERTAIN SCRIPTURES AND NOT OTHER SCRIPTURES IN THEIR TEACHINGS AND THEY ARE CALLED NON BELIEVERS. WELL HOW CAN A CHURCH CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS OR TRUE BELIEVERS BUT NOT FOLLOW OR TEACH "ALL" OF GODS WORD? THE BOTTOM LINE IS HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN AND THAT "IS" IN THE BIBLE!!! GOD IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD WANT TO PLEASE NOT MAN!!!

Since: Dec 08

Antioch, TN

#2 Jan 17, 2009
And you are judging which is the last thing a true Christian should do. Remind me to never go to church with you. You might as well just attend a Catholic church if you chose to be so closed minded.

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2009
It is not closed minded to believe in the word of the true and living God. He created us and has decided what is a sin and what isn't. Humanistic political correctness changes yearly. Homosexuality is wrong now and will be until Jesus returns. But most liberal churches have quit worshipping God and are now geared up more for entertainment and socializing.
dw_paducah

Gallatin, TN

#4 Mar 4, 2010
Christ never said a word about homosexuality. It was mainly Paul, whose words bring to mind "methinks the gentleman doth protest too much". Literal biblical interpreters forget that, although many of them believe the bible is perfect and does not contradict itself, Judas dies from a fall in one book of the bible and hangs himself in another; and the entire first chapter of Matthew traces Christ's ancestry to King David through his father Joseph. Yet Joseph was not his father. Bottom line - the denominations that say every other denomination is wrong, by logic, cannot all possibly be right.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#5 Mar 4, 2010
Another casualty of the GLBT agenda.
Steve_TN

United States

#6 May 10, 2011
I hope Jesus is gay! That would be amazing!
Jim

United States

#7 Apr 30, 2013
Steve_TN wrote:
And you are judging which is the last thing a true Christian should do. Remind me to never go to church with you. You might as well just attend a Catholic church if you chose to be so closed minded.
That's closed minded to say that about the Catholics. Touche

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Male to join us 35 min HairFlippin-Smirker 9
dogs outside 1 hr Wife 13
What has happen to Nancy Van Camp? 1 hr Jerk water 100
Another staged shooting San Diego 6 hr LOL 2
Obama contridicts himself 6 hr LOL 10
Violent Democratic Party 6 hr LOL 21
Looking for male to join us 15 hr Mmf fun 7

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance