Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

brownbuck

Dyersburg, TN

#9477 Nov 12, 2013
Bobby wrote:
"Bobby, have you ever watched a video of what goes on in a slaughterhouse? You know, the ones who supply the groceries? A good hunter puts the animal down with much less pain and torment."
No, I haven't, but then again, I'm not a sociopath.
I'm sure it's awful, but I don't care to know.
Bobby, That is a socially irresponsible stance. By sticking your head in the sand you don't have to see where your food is raised, slaughtered and butchered. Pitiful outlook coming from someone that considers themselves to be on a higher level of social consciousness.
I have worked in a slughter house. I worked for Swift Packing. I am also a hunter. I would say I believe the deer, elk and other prey live a better quality of life then do the cattle that I saw being processed.
Would you prefer they live their lives knee deep in fecal waste, are brutally killed, butchered (sometimes this step begins before the animal expires) or do you lean toward the free life of a wild animal that is dead often instantaneously after being shot?
I personally think hunting is a humane way of balancing the deer population. Without the hunters to thin the herd our cities would have more of a problem with deer endangering travelers on the highways than their are presently. The deer also serve as a nuisance to farmers by consuming crop foods.
really

Kingsport, TN

#9478 Nov 12, 2013
sounds like an honest mistake to me .but you got caught and you piad the price for it .prison , fines , probation , loss of hunting privledges for the rest of your life .
sawyou

Johnson City, TN

#9479 Nov 12, 2013
People in cars kill too but they still drive when/if they get out of prison. AND, they continue to drive like maniacs. An accident is one thing but when you race or have drugs in your system then it should be considered pre-meditated homicide.
Information

United States

#9480 Nov 12, 2013
really wrote:
sounds like an honest mistake to me .but you got caught and you piad the price for it .prison , fines , probation , loss of hunting privledges for the rest of your life .
Here you are taking about someone going to prison.
Hey everybody, what this person didn't tell you is that his own son had been in prison two times.
Hey everybody, "really" and "sawyou" is the same person.
been there

Johnson City, TN

#9481 Nov 12, 2013
Well, you ding-a-ling! This post IS about Hunting Rights. DUH. Even if this were true, what business is it of yours or mine? A parent can't help what their child does. You are a dangerous person like that gal on Facebook murders and need to be removed for Topix.
This saw you person must have something on you and too nice to tell us!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9482 Nov 12, 2013
Now Sawyou changed his name to "been there". You spend a lot of time changing your location and name.
hey everybody

Kingsport, TN

#9483 Nov 12, 2013
really and saw you are not the same person and information is ignorant . i am really and i dont give a shat how many times anyones son has been in prison . i was refering to waco's post.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#9484 Nov 12, 2013
"Bobby, That is a socially irresponsible stance. By sticking your head in the sand you don't have to see where your food is raised, slaughtered and butchered. Pitiful outlook coming from someone that considers themselves to be on a higher level of social consciousness."

I can't hear you? Brb gotta clean my ears
modern pilgrim

Johnson City, TN

#9485 Nov 14, 2013
Are wild turkeys hard to clean? We have a bunch of them and I would like to get two for the freezer.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9486 Nov 18, 2013
"Gun Season For Deer Opens Saturday."

Click here:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/23995321/gu...
sallygal

Donora, PA

#9487 Nov 18, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……………………… Im Earthly
Question

Tucker, GA

#9489 Nov 18, 2013
If my nephew is a convicted felon & served his time and now off of probation is he allowed to hunt with bow& arrow or muzzle loader NOT riffle season? I know he has served his time but he does have A family & has been clean for over 10 years & loves to hunt is it legal for him to hunt during these 2 seasons but NOT during riffle season? I don't want him to get in trouble but I would love for him to be able to enjoy the things he loves & have some rights back yes he messed up with drugs while he was a teenager & payed his fines & did his time he is now almost 40 & deserves to teach his children the rules of the land & how to hunt? Any ideas?
skinner

Martin, TN

#9490 Nov 18, 2013
although bows and muzzel loaders are not firearms , they are weapons . GOOD QUESTION !. no trouble of anykind in 10 years ? this mans rights should be restored . this is one gun law that should be reconsider and revised by some lawmaker with common sence .
bvcfgg

United States

#9492 Nov 19, 2013
hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>this is a amendment on the Tn. Constitution giving you a right to hunt..dont think the state has bought up thousands of acres in the last couple years for nothing do you,,first law,gave you right to carry gun in state parks,next step right to hunt,,third step will be tn,will allowing hunting on state land,,for a fee..its common in most states.
hhgggu
hunt

Maggie Valley, NC

#9495 Nov 21, 2013
Everybody has the right to hunt.
casey k

Bolivar, TN

#9497 Nov 27, 2013
everybody has the right 2 hunt ,the right 2 protect themselves,and the right 2 vote! they dont want me doin these things because i use 2 have a drug addiction!its alsostupid theyll take your license over child support!its also crazy that you can go 2 prison 4 2 many driving on a suspended license!its also funny they dont educate kids in school about your rights and the law! they should teach the kids about how lifes gonna be once theyre a convicted felon!and they dont want felons 2 have guns but i got news 4 u the ones they dont want 2 have guns has them anyway its not like they go 2 the store and buy them!but i feel like i have the right 2 protect myself! sorry about my rambling but this is how i feel and i want at least one person 2 hear my thoughts!
Frusterer

Honolulu, HI

#9498 Nov 27, 2013
In Hawaii they hunt with knives...They also have a Hari Krishna in Congress.

http://www.rightturnhawaii.org/
what_you_should_ say

Memphis, TN

#9499 Dec 3, 2013
i erased an 8hr lecture ... bc i realized my primary was good enough ... he said TN consitution ... go buy a gun my man, its your right to be ignorance just as much as it is silent. the implications are the responsibilities. and they dont leave black eyes, they make an impression. lets go find cheney for you man ... lol
BigDevil

Greeneville, TN

#9500 Dec 4, 2013
Wow
joe

Florence, AL

#9504 Dec 8, 2013
CitizenTopix wrote:
Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment
The proposed measure calls for the personal right to hunt and fish within state laws and existing property rights. Additionally, the amendment allows for hunting and fishing of non-threatened species.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
vote yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy vancamp 10 hr doreen sucks 15
Yes I did it baby G 17 hr No choice 1
What has happen to Nancy Van Camp? 18 hr Simon 170
Denis Ferrier fired? 20 hr Getoverit 15
The real story Sat Carolyn Carter 5
Traffic Jam Sam Sat Rappin Deshawnqua... 91
Trump Is Unfit To Be President and Should be in... Sat Ubigdummy 14

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance